Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 03:04 PM

8 posts, read 3,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by euskalherria View Post
disagree, sorry.

Relationships involve two parties... so, while one can 'make opportunities', it doesn't mean squat if there is no other person with whom to do it.

can't 'force' anyone to want you. Simple as that.
precisely!!!

Old 02-09-2022, 03:05 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,114,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Gardner Rankin Jr. View Post
Ok..but fact remains there are many who never have any...what about the disfigured, deformed, unattractive etc?
I use a wheelchair so, depending how broadly you define those categories, I probably fit all of them. I think of my circumstances as a get out of dating free card that prevents people trying to get closer to me, physically or emotionally, than I’m comfortable with. The conversations that prompted this thread suggest otherwise.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
yeah , 5 or 6 standard deviations from down the middle is kind of rough. I thought about that , but it is often the case that people still want to choose against their own demographic so to speak. I think for me what is painful is not what was always impossible, but squandering what was possible.

When I eventually meet my fallen overlord at the gates of hell , it will be when he tells me I had the talents and abilities to be Mozart that would burn the most. Too bad I found out I made killer corn bread first and peaked at fry cook of the month.

One just makes peace with what is not possible.
Sorry most of your reposnse made little sense to me...can you explain what exactly you are tring to say..?

Old 02-09-2022, 03:15 PM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
We can disagree, but discuss civilly. :-)

I still think I'm right. IF it's that important to you (and it's not THAT important to a lot of people at any given time) you can do a lot of different things. You can move to where the opportunities are (like women moving to Alaska or something), or people can do various things to boost their confidence, and have the chutzpah to look someone in the eye and talk, join a dating site, get a mail order bride...there are MANY things one can do, IF IT'S THAT IMPORTANT to the individual.

Is it necessarily the right thing to do? Maybe not. But I feel like if there's a will, there's a way.
Naaahhh, sorry, nope.

Not about 'confidence' - you can have all there is, still means zippo if the other party isn't 'playing'.

Dating sites? Oh please... some here would get slaughtered there...might as well divebomb into the nearest woodchipper apparatus. LOL.

And mail-order brides??? I guess that's ok if you're Sooper-Dooper desperate and also lack self-respect AND have plenty of $$$$$ to throw down the toilet when the 'arrangement' nosedives.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:19 PM

5,763 posts, read 3,260,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
Naaahhh, sorry, nope.

Not about 'confidence' - you can have all there is, still means zippo if the other party isn't 'playing'.

Dating sites? Oh please... some here would get slaughtered there...might as well divebomb into the nearest woodchipper apparatus. LOL.

And mail-order brides??? I guess that's ok if you're Sooper-Dooper desperate and also lack self-respect AND have plenty of $$$$$ to throw down the toilet when the 'arrangement' nosedives.

That's what I'm saying. IF it's that important, you'll find a way. And there's a lot of different ways.

But it's up to the individual to figure out what they're willing to do.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:22 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,114,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Gardner Rankin Jr. View Post
Are you a man or a woman?
I believe the currently acceptable term is AMAB. I grew up in a suffocatingly close family and, while I loved them to bits and miss them every day, I was always happiest on my own. This has continued into middle age and made even the most casual, uncommitted relationship seem too much like hard work. Thus, no runs on the scoreboard and no plans to change.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:24 PM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times
Quote:
That's what I'm saying. IF it's that important, you'll find a way. And there's a lot of different ways.

But it's up to the individual to figure out what they're willing to do.
But my point is that none of this matters if there is no other person.

You can do all of the above - and then some - but, again, it will not matter at all if there is no one else. That's all.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:25 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,552,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
I use a wheelchair so, depending how broadly you define those categories, I probably fit all of them. I think of my circumstances as a get out of dating free card that prevents people trying to get closer to me, physically or emotionally, than I’m comfortable with. The conversations that prompted this thread suggest otherwise.

Maybe this is why they won't stop bugging you about it. There are a lot of people who will push boundaries with people who have physical disabilities and be intrusive in a way they wouldn't be with the able-bodied. I don't know why, but I've seen it. They tend to be the same kind of people who think nothing of reaching out and patting the belly of a pregnant woman they barely know.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:27 PM

5,763 posts, read 3,260,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
But my point is that none of this matters if there is no other person.

You can do all of the above - and then some - but, again, it will not matter at all if there is no one else. That's all.

We disagree. But I guess there's no point in hammering it to death.

Old 02-09-2022, 03:28 PM

Quote:
We disagree. .
Why exactly do you disagree? Can you explain your thought proccess here?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships