Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2022, 07:28 PM

7,013 posts, read 5,022,815 times

Advertisements

Have you heard from him about tomorrow yet? If not you might want to text him with a - are we still meeting up tomorrow? If so, what time?

Old 02-15-2022, 07:37 PM

639 posts, read 406,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Have you heard from him about tomorrow yet? If not you might want to text him with a - are we still meeting up tomorrow? If so, what time?
I heard from him. We are still meeting up and we have a plan now.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:13 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,109,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I heard from him. We are still meeting up and we have a plan now.
cool!! What's the plan?

Old 02-16-2022, 09:16 AM

11,100 posts, read 7,059,903 times
Don't flirt in remotely sexual way. It is possible to flirt without doing that.

Prior to the Sixties, women had flirting down pat. Then all the dutch dating and hanging out b.s. started. I didn't ever really learn to date and many of my contemporaries have mentioned this as well.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:41 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,555,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Don't flirt in remotely sexual way. It is possible to flirt without doing that.

Prior to the Sixties, women had flirting down pat. Then all the dutch dating and hanging out b.s. started. I didn't ever really learn to date and many of my contemporaries have mentioned this as well.
I think it is healthy that people pay for themselves on dates. If you want a relationship of equals, you need to date like equals. USA is a money-driven culture, and money is power. I will maintain my own and would expect him to maintain his own. Once that balance tips to men paying for me, it tends to foster entitlement and a sense of control on their part that I find repugnant. Also, do not treat me like a child who needs to be provided for. Show me who you ARE, not what you can afford.

As for "hanging out," well, I suppose it depends on what you mean by that. If it is a euphemism for "friends with benefits" and no-strings sex, there is a debate to be had there. But if you're referring to how young people often go out in groups and people kind of find one another and pair up without going out on "official" dates, I think that is a good thing. It creates a foundation of friendship that can only help a relationship.

In fact, I think attaching so much value to an "official" date is investing too much in someone you don't know very well, the amount of money the person spends on you, how exciting the activity is, and so on and not enough on the actual purpose of dating, which is to enjoy one another's company. Money runs out. Only millionaires can pay pop off to Tahiti on a moment's notice. The rest of us have to work, manage a home, and balance out our lives. The point is to find someone who makes life better to share the journey with, not to entertain us, yes?

Besides, look at what attaching a lot of value to an official date does. Look at all of the analysis paralysis and unrealistic expectations it sets. Case study: Mandi.

Old 02-16-2022, 10:38 AM

639 posts, read 406,231 times
I'm excited and nervous. I am nervous we won't have anything to talk about, and it'll be awkward to finally be in person. But I could be wrong and it could be really comfortable too and not awkward. We'll just wait and see.

Old 02-16-2022, 10:59 AM

20,741 posts, read 19,448,487 times
Quote:
I'm excited and nervous. I am nervous we won't have anything to talk about, and it'll be awkward to finally be in person. But I could be wrong and it could be really comfortable too and not awkward. We'll just wait and see.

Bit of a female projection. Most men are not looking for comedians or night time talk show hosts. That is probably what you would like from him. Men will complain of women who do not stop talking, in fact. If you like to talk, that's cool because eventually you are going to have to exist as you naturally are , but no need to add anything artificial.

Let him talk ,and see what he says.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:00 AM

18,737 posts, read 33,533,950 times
If it was comfortable to text all day long, surely it'd be a relief to meet in person and talk like a normal get together.

Old 02-16-2022, 11:02 AM

48,709 posts, read 35,206,949 times
Quote:
You worry too much. You are meeting to see if you like him, he is meeting to see if he likes you. That's it. This is essentially a stranger, and one who has behaved oddly at that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Mikala43; 02-16-2022 at 11:22 AM..

Old 02-16-2022, 11:23 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,847,912 times
Quote:
Seems like you've already talked about everything in your texting marathons. I thought most people knew that too much texting before a first date tends to take the wind out of date conversations, leading to awkward silences and no second dates. Mandi didn't know that I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships