Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2022, 05:26 PM

639 posts, read 405,758 times

Advertisements

I think I'm focusing way too much on his words and not his actions. His actions are that he was on his phone on our date. He hasn't planned another date. And that's it. His words mean nothing.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:50 PM

48,643 posts, read 35,142,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I think I'm focusing way too much on his words and not his actions. His actions are that he was on his phone on our date. He hasn't planned another date. And that's it. His words mean nothing.
But not in a melodramatic way. YOUR words mean nothing here.... unless you follow it up with action.

(Same goes for everyone)

Looking back to when I was dating, I found guys who were all goo-goo over me to be a turn off. Why? Because they didn't even know me.... Think about it.... if someone is over the top about another person they do not even know, it's not personal.... it's not about YOU, it's the "idea" of you or the idea of someone who might fill his needs. It doesn't mean your special, it's just you have filled some need they have. Why? Because they don't know you as a person, it's like who you are doesn't matter.

Ugh, did that make any sense?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-18-2022, 05:51 PM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times
Quote:
Dare I say you are beginning to catch on???

Old 02-18-2022, 05:55 PM

18,170 posts, read 9,496,404 times
Quote:

And let's not forget that you had to twist his arm to get him to go on that date.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
But not in a melodramatic way. YOUR words mean nothing here.... unless you follow it up with action.

(Same goes for everyone)

Looking back to when I was dating, I found guys who were all goo-goo over me to be a turn off. Why? Because they didn't even know me.... Think about it.... if someone is over the top about another person they do not even know, it's not personal.... it's not about YOU, it's the "idea" of you or the idea of someone who might fill his needs. It doesn't mean your special, it's just you have filled some need they have. Why? Because they don't know you as a person, it's like who you are doesn't matter.

Ugh, did that make any sense?
Yeah, the word you're seeking is LUST.

You're welcome.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:03 PM

He is texting me. Sent me a picture. He's at the grocery store. Sent me a picture of a whole section of a food I don't like, Pickles, saying that it's my nightmare.

I'm not going to answer right away. I'm "busy"

Old 02-18-2022, 06:08 PM

10,065 posts, read 18,174,425 times
Gee, why not actually BE busy???

You don’t HAVE to have your freakin’ phone on 24/7, you know. You don’t HAVE to open his texts (or even know about them, if your phone was off). You don’t HAVE to respond.

Holy crap, this is NOT that hard.

And Mandi, here’s a question I know you won’t answer: what would he think if you showed him this thread???

I think I know the answer, and it’s not good.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:09 PM

48,643 posts, read 35,142,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
Yeah, the word you're seeking is LUST.

You're welcome.
LOL.

Not really. Lust is very simple and uncomplicated. What I'm talking about is more nuanced, but does include lust.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-18-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Gee, why not actually BE busy???

You don’t HAVE to have your freakin’ phone on 24/7, you know. You don’t HAVE to open his texts (or even know about them, if your phone was off). You don’t HAVE to respond.

Holy crap, this is NOT that hard.

And Mandi, here’s a question I know you won’t answer: what would he think if you showed him this thread???

I think I know the answer, and it’s not good.

I agree. I want to have more hobbies. I don't even know where to start with them. A lot cost money and I'm tight on that.

I'd be so embarrassed if he knew what I really thought here.

Old 02-18-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
LOL.

Not really. Lust is very simple and uncomplicated. What I'm talking about is more nuanced, but does include lust.
I've been on the receiving end of it. Most recently, a couple days ago.

Yes, it's lust. Nuanced or not, all the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships