Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 11:55 AM

10,054 posts, read 18,107,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I don't just want to be some texting plaything. I want someone to take me seriously. So I don't want to settle for less. I like flirty texting, and I'm good at it. It's easy for me. But at the end of the day, I don't think a guy who isn't regularly dating me or in a relationship with me desseves that side of me. I try so hard to get guys to see how "cool" and fun and cute I am. It makes no difference to the guys who don't want it regardless.

I care a lot. I have a big heart. Sometimes I spare it too willingly. That's who I am as a person. But I'm sick of giving and putting effort in for lukewarm back. I deserve more.

I don't know what to do from here. I'm still online. Thinking of taking a break. Confused and lost. He's still texting me. Being nice and respectful. Seems to care a lot more since last night.

I'm not an option. I don't want to be. I'm making chit chat with him. He's stated where he's at. I know what I want. It doesn't add up between us. But maybe it could. I can't hope for nothing though.

I want love, passion, sex, commitment, respect. I'm trying to get that.
Mandi, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY are you texting him back? And WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY would you even WANT something with this jerk of a guy who wanted a sexting buddy, then FINALLY agreed to one date during which he texted OTHER PEOPLE instead of turning his phone OFF, and then he did NOT ask you out again ... and then, when you told him basically to go away, HE TRIES TO GET YOU SEXTING AGAIN?

He's an a**hole. BLOCK HIM.

Why on earth haven't you already DONE that? Because he has a good job? Holy crap.

Old 02-24-2022, 12:27 PM

48,566 posts, read 34,949,541 times
Look what you did Mandi.

You made Karen use bold AND caps.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2022, 12:41 PM

10,054 posts, read 18,107,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Look what you did Mandi.

You made Karen use bold AND caps.
LOL, yep! But holy crap, she is her own worst enemy ...

Old 02-24-2022, 12:45 PM

11,085 posts, read 6,933,936 times
DO NOT let this guy reel you back in.

Don't you see what he's doing? It's all a game. Almost every woman on this thread has been reeled in, tossed back, reeled back in, tossed back. We're trying to HELP you avoid that garbage. DO NOT BE FOOLED. He's doing this on purpose. It's not about connection. It's about winning.

You're not the only woman to ever be played! Do not take it personally.

I hope a man will chime in here regarding this unfortunate phenomenon.

Way back in the day I had an awful relationship. He saw me with another man at lunch. He didn't know that it was a man I worked with and we were talking business. He stormed me and love-bombed me. It was all about "winning me back." After that, it was back to the same old b.s.

You have got to wake up.

And you know, it really makes me kind of angry that women my age did not have the absolute ease of the internet to consult. You have that. You're wasting our time if you don't listen.

Old 02-24-2022, 01:16 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,183,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
And you know, it really makes me kind of angry that women my age did not have the absolute ease of the internet to consult. You have that. You're wasting our time if you don't listen.
I have said this so many times! If I had had access in my 20s to social media, YouTube, blogs, and all of the information available out here now, my life would look and be completely different.

Old 02-24-2022, 01:22 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,286,802 times
I agree ^

The amount of advice and support OP has gotten in this thread is literally invaluable. Most everyone has been extremely helpful and supportive.

I hope it is sinking in. Though if her emotions are really dysregulated it may be hard to process it all just like that. Some people need more time to really internalize the advice and figure out how to apply it.

She might be experiencing a lot of cognitive dissonance. What she wants to believe is clashing hard with what the reality might be, and that's a hard and confusing space to be in.

It can take time for emotions to catch up with what the logical mind knows is true on some level. And some people are primarily driven by emotions rather than logic.

Old 02-24-2022, 01:23 PM

11,813 posts, read 12,057,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
DO NOT let this guy reel you back in.

Don't you see what he's doing? It's all a game. Almost every woman on this thread has been reeled in, tossed back, reeled back in, tossed back. We're trying to HELP you avoid that garbage. DO NOT BE FOOLED. He's doing this on purpose. It's not about connection. It's about winning.

You're not the only woman to ever be played! Do not take it personally.

I hope a man will chime in here regarding this unfortunate phenomenon.

Way back in the day I had an awful relationship. He saw me with another man at lunch. He didn't know that it was a man I worked with and we were talking business. He stormed me and love-bombed me. It was all about "winning me back." After that, it was back to the same old b.s.

You have got to wake up.

I really agree with this. So many of us have walked this path and we're telling you not to go down the same one, but sometimes you need to learn from your own experience, not mine, as frustrating as that is to me.

But, it's also a double-edged sword. There are too many people living their lives online instead of outside amongst other humans, and it shows. For some. the internet is a rabbit hole they've gone down, never to climb out again, as they only seek out opinions that validate their often skewed perceptions.

It's died down lately, but for quite a while there were a number of young guys (or maybe the same guy) showing up here to profess they were never going to get married because of the failed marriages of strangers they read about online. Self-fulfilling prophecy?

Old 02-24-2022, 01:28 PM

48,566 posts, read 34,949,541 times
The only thing I would add is almost every PERSON has gone through this, it is not just guys who do it to women.

Honestly, I don't think the guy played Mandi at all, he said up front he was looking to take things slow as he just got out of a relationship. By slow, he could have meant just texting for the most part, who knows? Anyway, it is not uncommon for people who just broke up, to go back a few times before it sticks. One of the reasons that a person who recently broke up is usually not a good candidate for any long term relationships.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2022, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
I have said this so many times! If I had had access in my 20s to social media, YouTube, blogs, and all of the information available out here now, my life would look and be completely different.
Absolutely. It's really difficult to think about, actually. We really blundered through, with parents who were born in the Dark Ages who were no help at all. Antiquated books and Cosmopolitan Magazine... What a complete joke that was. "Cosmo Girl." :barf emoji:

And look at how clueless young people are these days with so much information and assistance right at their fingertips!!!

S. M. H.

Old 02-24-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The only thing I would add is almost every PERSON has gone through this, it is not just guys who do it to women.

Honestly, I don't think the guy played Mandi at all, he said up front he was looking to take things slow as he just got out of a relationship. By slow, he could have meant just texting for the most part, who knows? Anyway, it is not uncommon for people who just broke up, to go back a few times before it sticks. One of the reasons that a person who recently broke up is usually not a good candidate for any long term relationships.
I understand what you're saying but it still feels like he's reeling her back in. There should be NO flirting at all if he's not looking for a relationship right now and wants to take things slow. Flirting sends the wrong message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships