Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2022, 05:03 PM

639 posts, read 406,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
There's no need to "hate" any part of yourself. What is more important is to change the behavior that is not serving the relationship goals you wish to achieve, and getting "giddy way too fast" definitely doesn't help you do that. That is why posters have advised you numerous times that continuing your therapy is so important, because what you are doing is still not working for you. I do wonder, are you honestly telling your counselor/therapist about how you are doing as far as your online dating? I don't believe the therapist would encourage you to engage as totally as you do with people you haven't met in person or even people you've just started dating. Your overall dating approach is, IMHO, a topic that really needs discussion in your therapy sessions.

I haven't gotten to tell her enough yet, but I plan to. We've been focusing more on family stuff, and we just briefly broached dating. I plan on talking about it more. I don't want to sabotage any good potential relationship because of myself. I am a good person with great qualities, I just have a hard time with boundaries I think

Old 02-13-2022, 05:09 PM

10,145 posts, read 6,534,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandi9 View Post
I haven't gotten to tell her enough yet, but I plan to. We've been focusing more on family stuff, and we just briefly broached dating. I plan on talking about it more. I don't want to sabotage any good potential relationship because of myself. I am a good person with great qualities, I just have a hard time with boundaries I think
Don't pre-determine your issues. i.e., "boundaries". Frankly, I think your self-esteem issues and family interactions/dynamics play a large part in your relationship problems as well, but your therapist will be the best person to help you explore all of these if you are truly honest with her (I'm assuming her) in your discussions.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:31 PM

I did hear from a few guy friends of mine that when they online dated, they weren't comfortable meeting for a week to two weeks. They wanted to make sure the person was okay and they had stuff in common first. I get that. I'm willing to give him that. But cutting down on our own texting.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:40 PM

18,737 posts, read 33,533,950 times
It's a bit late. You've already sexted and flirted and gotten same in return. If I were you, I'd just let this one go.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
It's a bit late. You've already sexted and flirted and gotten same in return. If I were you, I'd just let this one go.
Agree.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:44 PM

4,422 posts, read 3,511,057 times
Quote:
I did hear from a few guy friends of mine that when they online dated, they weren't comfortable meeting for a week to two weeks. They wanted to make sure the person was okay and they had stuff in common first. I get that. I'm willing to give him that. But cutting down on our own texting.

I don't know, it seems like guys have no problem hitting on women when they are out and about. They don't seem to worry about compatibility or any of that.

Don't beat yourself up though.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:50 PM

20,268 posts, read 13,664,069 times
The general pattern I see with this and the previous guy you mentioned in a thread just a couple of weeks ago is there is some chemistry, you try to pour gasoline on it and put a match to it, and hilarity ensues. This guy is even telling you to just slow down.

So again: slow. down.

Enjoy the relationship for what it is. Don't force it. It will either become "something more", or it won't. You're not scheduled to turn into a pumpkin next month or something.

Old 02-13-2022, 08:50 PM

He's making in-person plans with me.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:23 AM

10,068 posts, read 18,192,034 times
Quote:
But you've ALREADY given him MORE than that ... and now, of course, you're making more excuses to give him more time.

Quote:
And then something will come up and he'll have to delay and just want to sext some more ... and you'll let him string you on for how long?

Seriously, Mandi? FOR WHEN? I'll believe it when it happens.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
After all the other excruciating detail you've provided, tell us what they are. Coffee date? Dinner? A walk on the beach? Specific details, otherwise, I think you're just trying to weasel out of an uncomfortable discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships