Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 650 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am 23yo male. I have not had much relationship experience with…well women. I am talking to a 22yo female, let’s name her Stacy. We were introduced by a friend unexpectedly, we both saw pics of each other and ended up agreeing to meet up. She showed up, I was told she was very nervous beforehand, and I just got in her car in the back seat and we hung out and talked…felt kind of awkward. I’m my head I was more nervous than she was but still contributing an effort. I wasn’t talking much and it was her and Sam(friend that introduced us) we’re just doing alot of the talking to each other. But to my amazement she liked me and wanted to meet up again soon. She got my Snapchat and we started talking to each other via snap since we’re both busy. It goes on and we meet up again, she came to my place and we watched “the package” on Netflix and we just cuddled and talked about ourselves. Afterwards I walked her to her car, hugged her and she left. We talked for a few more days on Snapchat and then agreed to go out to chili’s. So she picked me up(my car is in the shop rn) and we went to chili’s. We talked about a lot there, just talking about our interests and hobbies more and we both brought up past relationships. I’ve been with 1 girl for like 3 months back in high school. She’s been with 2 bf’s one of 2 years and next was 2.5months. Then she breaks away from the convo to ask if she can ask me things honestly, I said “of course”. She asked me what I wanted out of the relationship or what I had in mind to happen between us. Of course idk at this point like i just said “there’s not much I would say no to” basically.(I was wondering in my head, “what do YOU want out of this?) I was very nervous and didn’t want to say anything strong. But we a declared it a first date. She also said she doesn’t if she’d have time for a relationship with her jobs(she works 2) and is pretty much only able to hang out on weekends. I want to make as much as I can out of us, just her jobs make it difficult. And then afterwards we came back to my house and watched some dating show on Netflix called sexy beasts. Watched a few episodes, then she said she had to leave. So I walked her out to her car once again and I swear it felt like we were both about to kiss. She even stood on her cars foot rail to get up to my eyes level(since I’m 6’0 and she’s 5’2”). We ended up hugging and she left. Am I being a baby? Is she giving me opportunities to make moves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 02:48 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I don't understand. Were you expecting her to kiss you?

Old 02-19-2022, 03:29 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Her car's footrail? Do you mean a "running board"? Is it 1930 where you live?

All I can tell you is, she's into you. It's up to you to take it from there.

Good luck. Have fun. It's supposed to be fun!

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 02-19-2022 at 03:56 PM..

Old 02-19-2022, 03:39 PM

29,517 posts, read 22,653,459 times
It's obvious young males today do not have the proper role models or coaching in the relationship game.

Why is the OP asking us if he should have done something more, isn't it obvious he should have? By continuing to play the role of a 'gentleman' (aka a person too scared to risk things), all that does is continue to create a frustrating situation where you never know where you stand with someone else.

All you had to do was go in for the kiss. If she responded positively, great. If she didn't intend that, at least you'll know where that stands instead of spending weeks and months wondering if there's something between you.

If the OP has another date, it would behoove him to go for a kiss at some point in the date. I'm not talking about heavy making out, but something to gauge her true interest in him instead of a friend zone that's enjoying the free dinners, movies, etc. Are guys these days so afraid to do something simple like that?

Old 02-19-2022, 03:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Or the other option would be to hold her hand at some point during the date. Depending on how she responds to that, it should be clear whether he should go in for a kiss or not. I mean, if he's worried about being too forward, which it sounds like he is.

Old 02-19-2022, 04:00 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Next time, go on an activity date like to a museum, a hike, a basketball game or throwing axes. It’ll give you more material to figure out where you’re headed.

Kiss her for sure.

Old 02-19-2022, 04:16 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganpm_ View Post
Hello,

I am 23yo male. I have not had much relationship experience with…well women. I am talking to a 22yo female, let’s name her Stacy. We were introduced by a friend unexpectedly, we both saw pics of each other and ended up agreeing to meet up. She showed up, I was told she was very nervous beforehand, and I just got in her car in the back seat and we hung out and talked…felt kind of awkward. I’m my head I was more nervous than she was but still contributing an effort. I wasn’t talking much and it was her and Sam(friend that introduced us) we’re just doing alot of the talking to each other. But to my amazement she liked me and wanted to meet up again soon. She got my Snapchat and we started talking to each other via snap since we’re both busy. It goes on and we meet up again, she came to my place and we watched “the package” on Netflix and we just cuddled and talked about ourselves. Afterwards I walked her to her car, hugged her and she left. We talked for a few more days on Snapchat and then agreed to go out to chili’s. So she picked me up(my car is in the shop rn) and we went to chili’s. We talked about a lot there, just talking about our interests and hobbies more and we both brought up past relationships. I’ve been with 1 girl for like 3 months back in high school. She’s been with 2 bf’s one of 2 years and next was 2.5months. Then she breaks away from the convo to ask if she can ask me things honestly, I said “of course”. She asked me what I wanted out of the relationship or what I had in mind to happen between us. Of course idk at this point like i just said “there’s not much I would say no to” basically.(I was wondering in my head, “what do YOU want out of this?) I was very nervous and didn’t want to say anything strong. But we a declared it a first date. She also said she doesn’t if she’d have time for a relationship with her jobs(she works 2) and is pretty much only able to hang out on weekends. I want to make as much as I can out of us, just her jobs make it difficult. And then afterwards we came back to my house and watched some dating show on Netflix called sexy beasts. Watched a few episodes, then she said she had to leave. So I walked her out to her car once again and I swear it felt like we were both about to kiss. She even stood on her cars foot rail to get up to my eyes level(since I’m 6’0 and she’s 5’2”). We ended up hugging and she left. Am I being a baby? Is she giving me opportunities to make moves?
Kiss her already!

Old 02-19-2022, 04:35 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Next time, go on an activity date like to a museum, a hike, a basketball game or throwing axes. It’ll give you more material to figure out where you’re headed.

Kiss her for sure.
Throwing axes sounds fun! More interesting than dinner.
Next date he should go for a kiss. A little hand holding first wouldn't hurt, or an arm about her shoulders.

Old 02-19-2022, 04:45 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBInAPI32A

Old 02-19-2022, 08:11 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganpm_ View Post
Hello,

I can appreciate that we guys sometimes have trouble picking up hints and interpreting them correctly. Please allow me to translate for you.

She stood on the running board of a car to get to your eye level. Her only next move is to grab you by your ears, pull your face to hers, and order you to kiss her.

Don't let it come to that. Kiss her next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships