Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 10:19 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,766,309 times

Advertisements

Who dont like to travel if they have the time available and money? I am the only one who still has to work for a living and request time off? LOL I mean someone can love to travel and not have the money right now or is that a turn off in 2022? These dating apps are wild
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 10:27 AM

7,602 posts, read 4,182,286 times
It can mean several things. They not only have the money to travel but have the time. It can also mean that traveling is something important to them, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have the money or time at the moment. It may be something that needs planning.

My friends love traveling but they don't have the time even though they have the money. When they do travel, it is always booked at the last minute and they usually fly back to the country of their birth. They stay with family so not a lot of planning is needed.

Old 02-27-2022, 10:28 AM

2,867 posts, read 1,547,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Who dont like to travel if they have the time available and money? I am the only one who still has to work for a living and request time off? LOL I mean someone can love to travel and not have the money right now or is that a turn off in 2022? These dating apps are wild
Actually, there are a lot of people who do not like to travel.

I suspect this is not about what others say in their profile as much as your frustration with something else, like having to request time off or not having money to travel.

Is it really worth your time and energy to complain about it?

Old 02-27-2022, 10:29 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,576,745 times
Some people are homebodies and have no interest in traveling, while for others, traveling can mean just tooling around the state, region, or a few key destination spots around the country--not just expensive, exotic, or far-flung destinations.

Some people prioritize travel and will do any trips that require significant time off when they're between jobs (that's what I did when I was single and with few expenses in my twenties). Plenty of others are like my older sibling and some of my friends and former classmates who have far more than the standard one-to-two weeks off per year and use that time to take trips. Still others are like my partner and I who choose to road trip to various places within four to six hours' drive of our metro instead of hopping on a plane due to time and budget constraints. Besides--road trips are fun and *do* count as travel.

My opinion is that it's *not* a turn-off to admit to a love of travel (the kind that takes requested time off and significant funds) but a lack of available time off/funds keeps you from doing so as often as you'd like.

Old 02-27-2022, 10:31 AM

374 posts, read 259,660 times
I love to travel and as long as I plan ahead and get the time off approved, I rarely have a problem funding it on my relatively small income. I tend to take one or two multiple day road trips per year and spend a handful of normal off days traveling to nearby states or cities. It's not nearly as expensive as people make it out to be, but it can start to add up and I completely understand when someone says they'd rather just stay home. Everyone likes different things.

Old 02-27-2022, 10:37 AM

18,740 posts, read 33,459,496 times
I thought "travel" usually means crossing borders, foreign travel, not a day trip to a town in your state or whatever. That said, I think a lot of people do not care to travel across borders and do enjoy more localized travel.

Old 02-27-2022, 10:50 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,576,745 times
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I thought "travel" usually means crossing borders, foreign travel, not a day trip to a town in your state or whatever. That said, I think a lot of people do not care to travel across borders and do enjoy more localized travel.
To me, domestic travel is still travel. What's nice about where I live is that an international border is about three and a half hours' drive away. On many occasions, I (with or without a companion) have made the weekend jaunt past that border. It's a fun weekend trip.

I guess that if MM is seeing are people on the dating apps who are either prioritizing international travel and/or have the funds and time to do so on a frequent basis and expect the same of people who they're dating, those are not the people for him. Or, if he interacts with and gets a date with one of those people who love to travel, he could be honest about he likes to travel, but doesn't have the opportunity to do so as much as he'd like. If he ever connects with someone who loves to travel, time off and money could be coordinated to make traveling together a reality.

All of this aside, having a love of travel in one's bio isn't that unusual, O.P. Plenty of people enjoying doing so. Isn't sharing things that you like to do part of being on a dating app or online site so others can see what your particular interests happen to be? It's not as if people are suddenly listing "searching for navel lint" as one of their favorite pastimes. Now *that* would be a mess if you were saddening seeing such a pastime on everyone's profiles!

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 02-27-2022 at 11:02 AM..

Old 02-27-2022, 10:58 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,816,786 times
Quote:
Ummmmm……

I don’t see why this particular hobby is so off putting it requires a thread in the C-D Relationships forum? I love traveling, my mother is a lifelong homebody. I put my love of travel in my profile just to let women know if they are thinking of going somewhere, I’ll more than likely be down. I have a job with supervisory responsibility and have have to request time off a month in advance but somehow I’m still able to make trips.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:02 AM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
While that's become a cliche in OLD profiles, there actually are people out there, who don't like to travel. At least--not outside the US. They don't want to deal with other cultures, languages and foods, or may simply be homebodies, though you wouldn't ever see that on a dating profile, probably.

Another OLD profile cliche: "I love the outdoors! "

Old 02-27-2022, 11:04 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,711,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Some people are homebodies and have no interest in traveling, while for others, traveling can mean just tooling around the state, region, or a few key destination spots around the country--not just expensive, exotic, or far-flung destinations.

Some people prioritize travel and will do any trips that require significant time off when they're between jobs (that's what I did when I was single and with few expenses in my twenties). Plenty of others are like my older sibling and some of my friends and former classmates who have far more than the standard one-to-two weeks off per year and use that time to take trips. Still others are like my partner and I who choose to road trip to various places within four to six hours' drive of our metro instead of hopping on a plane due to time and budget constraints. Besides--road trips are fun and *do* count as travel.

My opinion is that it's *not* a turn-off to admit to a love of travel (the kind that takes requested time off and significant funds) but a lack of available time off/funds keeps you from doing so as often as you'd like.
I agree with you on what constitutes travel. I get a month off each year on top of holidays, so I can travel a lot. That said, I don’t have enough money to take regular international trips. I tend to do short driving trips on my own and then other larger trips. I have points from my credit cards, so that helps pay for travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships