Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 06:51 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,830,560 times

Advertisements

So last week during the post Valentine’s Day aroma still around, I catch up with someone I’m related to. Having a good conversation and they pick my brain during the call about someone they are talking to online.

Profile; the person lives in a US state I find very questionable (family member is from a very questionable state as well). Person tells family member to be open to calling whenever. I told the family member “person ain’t it, they are controlling.” Family member is like you are right so I’m blocking the person.

Now the family member has a train wreck of a dating history. They are divorced multiple times, been taken advantage of by most of the opposite sex they date. They are also very old, born during the Eisenhower administration. Does financially solid on their own, homebody, very socially astute.

My question; why do they feel the need to even bother with dating at this stage of the game? They are in the Peyton Manning at the end of his career stage of dating. They don’t have the arm anymore to have anything good happen. More than likely, bad things will happen if they continue to throw the ball around. Just do like the actual Manning and retire and go home while you still have dignity left. Don’t put yourself out there just to get taken AGAIN.

Why can’t people just give it up when it is apparent they can’t be effective in dating late in the 4th quarter?

Old 02-28-2022, 06:54 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,035,727 times
Couple of questions. When you say they are in the late 4th quarter are you speaking about their age?
Second, what do you mean about both of them being in a questionable US state?
Third, how is the other person being controlling?

Old 02-28-2022, 07:27 PM

6,577 posts, read 8,438,843 times
Even if they were born in 1953, that makes them just 69 years old. IMO, that’s not “very old”.

Maybe they want what most want when dating - companionship, love, sex.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:14 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,790,885 times
Is this your mom? I'd stay out of it.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Couple of questions. When you say they are in the late 4th quarter are you speaking about their age?
Second, what do you mean about both of them being in a questionable US state?
Third, how is the other person being controlling?
1. Yes.
2. Super politically backwards states. Not to be confused with politically bipolar states like Virginia and North Carolina.
3. Demanding availability whenever and threatening to cut them off if they don’t comply.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is this your mom? I'd stay out of it.
Nope, but already learned that lesson the hard way. I’m a good Carolina away from this family member.

Old 02-28-2022, 08:39 PM

17,950 posts, read 9,347,674 times
Your family member may be lonely.

Based on your Eisenhower comment, your family member is roughly between 61 and 69. That doesn't mean they can't date people.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:18 PM

6,922 posts, read 4,935,461 times
Politics do not have to enter into everything. Even old people like sex. People of all ages, Eisenhower generation and older are still out there dating and socializing because people like companionship and fun. What do you want old people to do - just lay down and die because you don't approve of them still keeping company with potential romantic interests?

Old 02-28-2022, 09:46 PM

43,415 posts, read 18,498,877 times
OP...you don't care about the person but about the state they live in ?
wow....

Old 02-28-2022, 09:46 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,186,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
So last week during the post Valentine’s Day aroma still around, I catch up with someone I’m related to. Having a good conversation and they pick my brain during the call about someone they are talking to online.

Profile; the person lives in a US state I find very questionable (family member is from a very questionable state as well). Person tells family member to be open to calling whenever. I told the family member “person ain’t it, they are controlling.” Family member is like you are right so I’m blocking the person.

Now the family member has a train wreck of a dating history. They are divorced multiple times, been taken advantage of by most of the opposite sex they date. They are also very old, born during the Eisenhower administration. Does financially solid on their own, homebody, very socially astute.

My question; why do they feel the need to even bother with dating at this stage of the game? They are in the Peyton Manning at the end of his career stage of dating. They don’t have the arm anymore to have anything good happen. More than likely, bad things will happen if they continue to throw the ball around. Just do like the actual Manning and retire and go home while you still have dignity left. Don’t put yourself out there just to get taken AGAIN.

Why can’t people just give it up when it is apparent they can’t be effective in dating late in the 4th quarter?
I’ve always wondered about this myself. It seemed a little odd to me. Which is one of the reasons I’m busting my butt trying to hurry up and find someone - it’s already pretty late in the game for me. I don’t want to be 50 or 60 still on the hunt. Seems sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships