Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 04:35 PM

73 posts, read 34,156 times

Advertisements

I met this guy at a store where he works seven years ago. We would talk whenever I would see him at the store. A couple of years ago we went out on a date and had sex once. He was in a relationship at the time. After we saw each other once he said he thought we shouldn't see each other again. Then a year after we hooked up the first time he told me he wanted to see me again. And that his girlfriend was leaving him in six months. I didn't meet him the second time.

Sometimes I'll leave things for him at his work. This is something that I've done for years. Initially, when I started doing it he told me he liked it so it's something that I continued doing. A few times I've discreetly left him provocative pictures of me. The people at his job are ok with me leaving things for him Obviously they don't know what the items are.

A couple of months ago I asked him if I could give him a massage. I went to massage therapy school a couple of years ago and wanted to practice on him. He said he would love to but that he didn't think it was a good idea. And that he was trying to be a good boy. Basically saying he didn't want to cheat again So I left him a note telling him to call me when he's single.

But I decided to try and be respectful of his relationship and not flirt with him anymore. And I befriended another guy who works at the store who is his coworker. When he saw me talking to the other guy. He came over and started talking out of the blue. He saw me and the guy talking and he overheard the guy say something. And then he came over and started talking. I don't understand why he'd do this when he has a girlfriend.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:52 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,566,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_34 View Post
I met this guy at a store where he works seven years ago. We would talk whenever I would see him at the store. A couple of years ago we went out on a date and had sex once. He was in a relationship at the time. After we saw each other once he said he thought we shouldn't see each other again. Then a year after we hooked up the first time he told me he wanted to see me again. And that his girlfriend was leaving him in six months. I didn't meet him the second time.

Sometimes I'll leave things for him at his work. This is something that I've done for years. Initially, when I started doing it he told me he liked it so it's something that I continued doing. A few times I've discreetly left him provocative pictures of me. The people at his job are ok with me leaving things for him Obviously they don't know what the items are.

A couple of months ago I asked him if I could give him a massage. I went to massage therapy school a couple of years ago and wanted to practice on him. He said he would love to but that he didn't think it was a good idea. And that he was trying to be a good boy. Basically saying he didn't want to cheat again So I left him a note telling him to call me when he's single.

But I decided to try and be respectful of his relationship and not flirt with him anymore. And I befriended another guy who works at the store who is his coworker. When he saw me talking to the other guy. He came over and started talking out of the blue. He saw me and the guy talking and he overheard the guy say something. And then he came over and started talking. I don't understand why he'd do this when he has a girlfriend.
Look up the term "dog in the manger" and you'll have your answer for this guy's behavior.

Question for you, though: does this store that you frequent sell something that you cannot easily get elsewhere? It seems odd that you're still quasi-barking up this guy's tree despite your decision to respect his relationship and no longer flirt with him. (What you were doing went beyond mere flirting, IMO.)

Old 04-05-2022, 05:04 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,868 times
I think its more likely he is worried you are talking about him to his coworkers, rather than him craving your attention.

He has already rejected you (he did it politely but it was still a rejection), and chosen his girlfriend over you.

Why on earth are you continuing to sweat this guy when he clearly doesn't like you?

Old 04-05-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Look up the term "dog in the manger" and you'll have your answer for this guy's behavior.

Question for you, though: does this store that you frequent sell something that you cannot easily get elsewhere? It seems odd that you're still quasi-barking up this guy's tree despite your decision to respect his relationship and no longer flirt with him. (What you were doing went beyond mere flirting, IMO.)
I've recently started talking to another guy who works there. So I'm not barking up his tree he's the one who has a problem with me giving another guy my attention. I've been going to that store for years I don't see the problem with me being friends with another guy who works there. This guy shouldn't be jealous or have an issue with me talking to someone else. When he himself is in a relationship.

Old 04-05-2022, 05:11 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,566,868 times
Quote:
I've recently started talking to another guy who works there. So I'm not barking up his tree he's the one who has a problem with me giving another guy my attention. I've been going to that store for years I don't see the problem with me being friends with another guy who works there. This guy shouldn't be jealous or have an issue with me talking to someone else. When he himself is in a relationship.
Or perhaps, given your past history, he just wanted to talk with you on a human to human basis? Would you rather that he ignore you?

Old 04-05-2022, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I think its more likely he is worried you are talking about him to his coworkers, rather than him craving your attention.

He has already rejected you (he did it politely but it was still a rejection), and chosen his girlfriend over you.

Why on earth are you continuing to sweat this guy when he clearly doesn't like you?
Worried about me talking about him? No, he could hear what we were saying. The guy was telling me about something and he walked over and butted in. He rejected me yet he's interrupting conversations that I'm having with other men. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? He shouldn't be listening and watching who I'm talking to when he's in a relationship.

Old 04-05-2022, 05:19 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,283,868 times
Quote:
Worried about me talking about him? No, he could hear what we were saying. The guy was telling me about something and he walked over and butted in. He rejected me yet he's interrupting conversations that I'm having with other men. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? He shouldn't be listening and watching who I'm talking to when he's in a relationship.
Are you talking to the other guy because you are hoping that he will act jealous? Be honest.

If you truly don't want him butting in you could set a boundary. Be polite but firm. "I am moving on. Please respect my space and don't butt in on my conversations."

Why do I get the impression you are trying to get his attention and make him jealous?

Old 04-05-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Are you talking to the other guy because you are hoping that he will act jealous? Be honest.

If you truly don't want him butting in you could set a boundary. Be polite but firm. "I am moving on. Please respect my space and don't butt in on my conversations."

Why do I get the impression you are trying to get his attention and make him jealous?
No, honestly I am talking to the new guy because I think he's nice. I befriended him when the other guy wasn't around. Last summer I started talking to the new guy. He was upset with this customer who was giving him a hard time. I told him just to relax and not take it personally. And since then we've been talking. I'm not trying to make the other guy jealous.

Old 04-05-2022, 05:38 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,104,757 times
Quote:
......... A few times I've discreetly left him provocative pictures of me. The people at his job are ok with me leaving things for him Obviously they don't know what the items are.........

I've got some sad news for you. The people at his work know exactly what you are leaving because he is showing those provocative photos to every man he knows.

He doesn't want you but it strokes his ego to think that all women want him. Just because he thinks he has a claim on your attention does not mean he has any interest in you as a separate person.

Old 04-05-2022, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I've got some sad news for you. The people at his work know exactly what you are leaving because he is showing those provocative photos to every man he knows.

He doesn't want you but it strokes his ego to think that all women want him. Just because he thinks he has a claim on your attention does not mean he has any interest in you as a separate person.
Actually no, he hasn’t showed anyone anything. This isn’t the first time he’s interrupted our conversation or tried to get my attention. This is the second time he’s done this I find it odd that you say he doesn’t want me. Yet he comes running whenever he sees me talking to this guy. It doesn’t make any sense and I wonder how his girlfriend would feel? You think she’d be ok with this? I doubt it. I mind my own business and talk to the other guy he’s the one who comes around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.