Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2022, 07:05 AM

4,382 posts, read 2,300,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
No, you failed to communicate your needs. "Look "whoever', my jaw is getting tired. How about we switch to something else or else you do the same to me" would have been fine instead of suffering through a session that was apparently exhausting and not enjoyable for you as well. You didn't have any "bargain" to fulfill unless parameters were discussed beforehand. Plus, you could also just have said "Hey, I'm tired. I'm going home. Thanks for the evening/whatever." When sex becomes work, it's time to quit.
I have said multiple times I did enjoy it and it was 200% consensual.

But I think it was more enjoyable for him. I wasn't complaining in my post. Just explaining to the poster who asked the reasons I think he got more out of it.

I never said I didn't enjoy it. In fact if I were being tacky and ranking all my partners he would rank probably in the top 5. That's saying a lot!

I definitely got a lot out of the experience. Maybe I was wrong to say he got more. Idk. But I do try to "give" as much as "take"

Last edited by moongirl00; 04-14-2022 at 07:22 AM..

Old 04-14-2022, 07:17 AM

4,702 posts, read 2,860,303 times
Well, after 25 pages have we figured out whether people enjoy a good shag, or not?

Old 04-14-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Well, after 25 pages have we figured out whether people enjoy a good shag, or not?
We have found out its an extremely complex question.

I have discovered I do enjoy sex outside of a relationship. Unfortunately, living in one of the most misogynistic, sex negative, and dangerous places in the world for women makes it difficult and dangerous to do.

Old 04-14-2022, 07:40 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,372,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I have said multiple times I did enjoy it and it was 200% consensual.

But I think it was more enjoyable for him. I wasn't complaining in my post. Just explaining to the poster who asked the reasons I think he got more out of it.

I never said I didn't enjoy it. In fact if I were being tacky and ranking all my partners he would rank probably in the top 5. That's saying a lot!

I definitely got a lot out of the experience. Maybe I was wrong to say he got more. Idk. But I do try to "give" as much as "take"
I think you're referring to some questions I asked, and I asked them because your comment that he got more from sex than you seemed and still seems part of your belief that men are takers in relationships and women are givers. If that's your take, maybe you're right. Maybe you're biased. Maybe I'm biased and my bias is showing by asking that question. I know I have my biases and all I can do is try to be aware of them and factor that awareness into my thinking.

Old 04-14-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I think you're referring to some questions I asked, and I asked them because your comment that he got more from sex than you seemed and still seems part of your belief that men are takers in relationships and women are givers. If that's your take, maybe you're right. Maybe you're biased. Maybe I'm biased and my bias is showing by asking that question. I know I have my biases and all I can do is try to be aware of them and factor that awareness into my thinking.
I guess most of us can speak only from our own experiences and what we observe among others close to us.

I am open to the possibility I have grown up in and been exposed to things on one extreme. Gender roles were pretty rigid in my family of origin. Girls were socialized to be a certain way, docile and submissive. Men were the breadwinners and from my perspective this gave them much more power. The females were practically like employees who couldn't upset the boss nor disagree with him and he had to have his way all the time.

Growing up like this and seeing very similar situations in my friends' homes has probably influenced a lot of my interactions with the opposite sex and my perceptions of the expectations involved in being female.

I have bucked against the expectations in a lot of ways but its been an uphill battle. Struggling with both my own conditioning as well as pushback from people around me.

Your experiences have likely been very different from mine so its natural we would have different perceptions.

Old 04-14-2022, 07:57 AM
Status: "Peace sells...but who's buying?" (set 16 days ago)

8,215 posts, read 3,665,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post

Yes, that issue seems to be solved. Now we're talking about how awful men are, like seems to happen to many of the threads here once the original topic has been beaten to death. lol

Old 04-14-2022, 08:00 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,395,791 times
Quote:
We have found out its an extremely complex question.

I have discovered I do enjoy sex outside of a relationship. Unfortunately, living in one of the most misogynistic, sex negative, and dangerous places in the world for women makes it difficult and dangerous to do.
Don't you live in the US? I think there are more dangerous places for women.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Yes, that issue seems to be solved. Now we're talking about how awful men are, like seems to happen to many of the threads here once the original topic has been beaten to death. lol
Where did you get this idea from?

Misogyny is awful. Men are not awful.

You don't even have to be male to have misogynistic views. I have seen it in women. I have also seen femininism in men.

/shrug

But it is really a side issue to the main topic

If this discussion is making some people uncomfortable at this point we can end it here. I don't know what else there is to say on it really.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Don't you live in the US? I think there are more dangerous places for women.
The US is ranked number 10. The 10 most dangerous countries for women are:

1. India

2. Afghanistan

3. Syria

4. Somalia

5. Saudi Arabia

6. Pakistan

7. Democratic Republic of Congo

8. Yemen

9. Nigeria

10. United States

Old 04-14-2022, 08:06 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,395,791 times
Quote:
The US is ranked number 10. The 10 most dangerous countries for women are:

1. India

2. Afghanistan

3. Syria

4. Somalia

5. Saudi Arabia

6. Pakistan

7. Democratic Republic of Congo

8. Yemen

9. Nigeria

10. United States
Wow, we're a step above Nigeria.

I'm not sure US belongs on that list outside of really bad areas which are dangerous to anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships