Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 09:01 AM

2,964 posts, read 1,640,080 times

Advertisements

A man touching a woman's knee is flirtatious.

Gateway to the portal.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:05 AM

20,366 posts, read 14,644,040 times
Your two theories are both plausible (drunk handsy/flirting.) I'd also say that there are some men out there who put their hands on women they don't know as a means to test their boundaries. Though you can usually get a sense of when it's happening because you can see that the woman is uncomfortable and the guy keeps doing it...he wants to see if she'll allow him to make her uncomfortable and find a way to just let it keep happening, because this is the kind of woman he can pressure into letting him get away with anything. Testing limits.

Funny story, there was a drunk guy at a get together at a bar (not a friend, a new person who just showed up that night) and he was grabbing women's hands and holding onto them for a slightly awkward period of time and kissing them. At one point my husband, having watched him do this to me and others, deliberately structured the conversation to a point where he could reach out as though he was gonna shake the dude's hand, but instead grabbed it in a death grip and pulled it to his mouth and planted a long kiss on it while awkwardly making intense eye contact. The guy was shocked and it was HILARIOUS. Never thought my shy and introverted husband had it in him.

Of course this was long before Covid was a thing.

I dunno, at the very least I would say that your friend had a green light if she wanted to give the guy her number or try to see him again. Should she? That's her business.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:17 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post

A man touching a woman's knee is flirtatious.

Gateway to the portal.
Agreed, and it only gets more flirtatious when alcohol is involved.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:30 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,143,735 times
I remember once, meeting a guy in a bar. We had some friendly conversation, and he starts telling me about some physical therapy he was undergoing for his leg. Then he says, "here, let me show you, put your leg up here." And I did, and he proceeded press on my leg from about my knee, down to my ankle, and back up.

Yeah. I knew what he was doing. LOL And we dated for a little bit.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:59 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
He is checking to see where the boundary fences are. If there is no objection, the next step is to roam up the inside of thigh

Myself, I wouldn't allow a man I'd just met a couple of minute prior fondle my knees, but that is a personal choice. Your friend apparently doesn't mind.

No, it doesn't mean he likes her. It means he would have sex with her if she doesn't do anything to stop him. Just because a man will have sex with you, it doesn't mean he likes you.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:02 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
Or am I reading to much into it? He tapped my friends knee when offering to buy her and me a drink, then later he was telling her about a restaurant he liked in the city where she was from and he touched her knee for a few seconds when asking if she had ever been there. I thought it was flirtation but she though he was just drunk and touchy feely. He touched my hand also when demonstrating something but it wasn’t flirtatious. She just never thinks someone would actually like her and I know they would.
Well, was he drunk?

Old 04-12-2022, 12:36 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
I've cleaned up this thread of rude and inappropriate posts. It's now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.