Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 01:23 PM

2,071 posts, read 1,038,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durpie22 View Post
Is it a bad sign 1-3 months into a relationship if the person you are dating never asks what you are doing for the weekend on nights you aren't together? For example, you have plans to go out with this person Saturday, but then they never inquire about what you are doing or did on Friday or how your Friday or Saturday was. To me this is a sign of disinterest and indifference.
Then you have the person that complains that their partner constantly wants to know what they're doing and where they are. Maybe your friend is sane, sound, firmly planted and emotionally healthy. He trusts and doesn't give it another thought. That's called peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 06:55 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
Quote:
Even when I'm talking to someone on dating apps or starting to date someone its just natural to ask about their weekend or share it. I've never dated someone who was interested in me who never asked what I was up to on weekends. Why would you not want to know about the social life and interests of someone you like? What you do on weekends can tell you about someone and is just something friendly to talk about. Even coworkers ask that question. Its not a thing where you're interrogating a person, but if you have any interest in a person its something that should come up and asked naturally if there is any romantic interest at all IMO.
somewhere on r/relationships will be a thread like: my girlfriend never asks about my weekend. should i dump her ?

Old 04-21-2022, 09:37 AM

150 posts, read 74,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Person is sending you a message. You are not in an exclusive relationship. Not yet. Hopefully, you are not asking about his plans, either.
Personally, I think you are dating a very wise and sensitive person with enough interpersonal skills to play a long game. You may have found a keeper.

I knew a man long ago who was dating a woman like that. She was great to be with and went out almost whenever he asked, but this was a good looking guy with lots to offer. One day he confided in me that the fact that she never asked and never told, was beginning to bother him a little.
He married her a year later. 25 years ago.
That lady knew what she was doing. Still does.
You had me till the last part. He married someone who bothers him? Why? And somehow this is a "win?" 25 years together doesn't necessarily mean it was a great decision; lots of dysfunctional long term relationships out there with people who like being unhappy, or playing games.

OP, he doesn't ask because he doesn't care what you are doing when you are away from him. Either that, or he has poor social skills and does not know how to converse. Is that someone you would consider a long-term or short-term prospect?

Old 04-22-2022, 12:37 PM

762 posts, read 451,591 times
Make sure you aren't just a side piece.

Old 04-22-2022, 12:42 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
It sounds to me like the two of you are not exclusive. How does he answer when you ask about his weekend?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2022, 12:58 PM

425 posts, read 191,328 times
Quote:
Is it a bad sign 1-3 months into a relationship if the person you are dating never asks what you are doing for the weekend on nights you aren't together? For example, you have plans to go out with this person Saturday, but then they never inquire about what you are doing or did on Friday or how your Friday or Saturday was. To me this is a sign of disinterest and indifference.
No everyone is different.

Last edited by PoorYetRich; 04-22-2022 at 01:50 PM..

Old 04-22-2022, 05:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by social_introvert View Post
OP, he doesn't ask because he doesn't care what you are doing when you are away from him. Either that, or he has poor social skills and does not know how to converse. Is that someone you would consider a long-term or short-term prospect?
Maybe he has MUCH more interesting topics of conversation to share, than "what did you do last weekend". It's kind of banal, when you think about it. Relatively speaking.

Old 04-22-2022, 05:40 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe he has MUCH more interesting topics of conversation to share, than "what did you do last weekend". It's kind of banal, when you think about it. Relatively speaking.

Only if you consider the person you are dating to be banal.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2022, 06:14 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
somewhere on r/relationships will be a thread like: my girlfriend never asks about my weekend. should i dump her ?
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships