Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 03:05 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldjackson View Post
I dont know about 14 ..but 15 years old 200 years ago and even 100 years ago was pretty normal.
there really is no moral issue if a 17 and 15 year old wanted to get together.
early 1900s a 25 year old guy married a 15 year old girl and no one had a problem with it.
you are biologically able to have a kid at 15/16. Somewhere along the line people were convinced it was a moral and legal issue which it only is because people didnt stop the law from happening (propaganda).
just another way for govt to tax and take charge and control people.
everyone bases their beliefs..and they are just beliefs..on here-say and group think.
people are lead to believe you throw your life away having a kid young but thats just a society stereotype because you've been told college is needed and you need to be a career woman.
Unfortunately its earlier than that, There was a story here of a couple of 12 year olds becoming parents a few years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 06:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
The internet is going to destroy humankind in more than one way!

Old 02-14-2017, 06:54 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
But what if they have a fake ID or something?
OMgoodness...foiled by a fake ID? I'd say that most fakes are pretty easy to figure out...and the biggest indicator -if you NEED to look at their ID then they are way too young for you! Just say no!

Oh right, - "you" (general you) were hoping that would let you off the hook so you could proceed. No, I don't think so. How about you go meet the parents before moving things along? Yeah, that would be no fun at all, would it - when you see their dad is a decade or more younger than you are...

Old 02-14-2017, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I'd find that hard to believe. First off, if you're caught using a fake ID to buy alcohol, enter a bar, etc. You can/will definitely get in trouble.
...and so will the establishment - otherwise they'd all take ANY ID shown to them...but they don't.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:31 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Unfortunately its earlier than that, There was a story here of a couple of 12 year olds becoming parents a few years ago
My mom used to work at a hospital years and years ago, and said the youngest she saw come into the hospital to give birth was a 12 year old. 😱
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
OMgoodness...foiled by a fake ID? I'd say that most fakes are pretty easy to figure out...and the biggest indicator -if you NEED to look at their ID then they are way too young for you! Just say no!

Oh right, - "you" (general you) were hoping that would let you off the hook so you could proceed. No, I don't think so. How about you go meet the parents before moving things along? Yeah, that would be no fun at all, would it - when you see their dad is a decade or more younger than you are...
Umm, NewYorker is like 26, if I recall correctly. If he goes to a girls house and her dad is a decade younger than him, how old could the daughter be? The dad would be like 16?

You seemed to single him out by saying (general you), so just saying....

Old 02-14-2017, 07:34 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
My mom used to work at a hospital years and years ago, and said the youngest she saw come into the hospital to give birth was a 12 year old. 😱

Umm, NewYorker is like 26, if I recall correctly. If he goes to a girls house and her dad is a decade younger than him, how old could the daughter be? The dad would be like 16?

The youngest I've known that had a baby was 14 when I was at school.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Well one of my friends had a grandmother, and she was like 15 years older than his mom. When they were married, his grandfather was 21 and his grandmother was 14. His grandparents were from the Southern part of the USA, where I guess marriage at that age may have been a little more common than in the Northern regions. It was the late 1940's at this time. Which isn't even that long ago, when you think about it. Since you hear of stories from the 1800's where 20 year olds were marrying 12 year olds or something.

This friend's oldest brother was something like 33 or 34 years younger than his grandmother. His mom had her oldest at 18 or 19 and her mother had her at 15.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,144 times
I remember seeing a couple of pregnant girls in middle school.

There's an acquaintance of mine who got pregnant at 14. Her mother was 29. When the acquaintance was 33, her daughter had a daughter of her own. At this rate she will be a great-grandmother in her late forties or early fifties. And so it goes, I guess.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

When I say "general you" you think I'm singling him out - how about the opposite? So yeah, I don't know NewYorker's age and I was commenting on his general comment...couldn't care less how old HE is.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
When I say "general you" you think I'm singling him out - how about the opposite? So yeah, I don't know NewYorker's age and I was commenting on his general comment...couldn't care less how old HE is.
My apologies for misunderstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships