Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 06:48 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times

Advertisements

Don't get involved with women you work with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 06:18 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesag View Post
First off before I go into detail I want to let readers know I have Aspergers. Background situation girl that started at work a few months ago would often ask " what am I doing after work ? " I interpreted it as just making conversation. A few weeks ago she asked me the same I told her " just going to a fast food diner " she replied " can I join you if it wouldn't be cramping your style ? " I said " sure I don't mind ".she drove me to the diner and drove me home. Last week she offered me lifts home again I told her " i had other plans after work " she offered me a lift twice more and said " last chance " . As I was walking she drove past me and waved. Now here is the reason I mentioned I have aspergers I don't have good social skills and I'm clueless at interpreting if a girl is Just being friendly or actually romantically interested in me. From what I wrote about my female co worker does she seem interested or just being friendly ?
more than likely interested; bigger question, are yoo ?

there is no such clinical diagnosis as aspergers so yoo are probably just a little socially awkward like how 3-quarters of the men on cd-r dont have charisma. i doubt yoo arr diagnosed with acute autism spectrum disorder (this is like how everyone who is neat claims to have o.c.d. although they arr not hoarders).

Old 04-21-2022, 06:28 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
Quote:
If next time she offers me a lift or self invites I plan to ask her " is this a date or just two people hanging out ? " .
last chance. shes not gonna' ask again.
if yoo want to date her then ask her out (she will likely say yes).
if yoo dont want to date her then dont ask her out (and on the off chance she asks yoo out again then continue to politely decline).

Old 05-14-2022, 11:12 AM

14 posts, read 9,390 times
Since the day she offered me a lift and said " last chance " she has being very distant with me since; needles to say its looks like I blew any possible chance with her.

Old 05-14-2022, 11:33 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Do you even like her? You never said.

Of course you haven't blown it. Just ask her out. As of now she thinks you've rejected her.

Old 05-14-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Do you even like her? You never said.

Of course you haven't blown it. Just ask her out. As of now she thinks you've rejected her.
I have taken a liking to her if Im honest with myself Id like to go on some dates with her to see where things might go. However she is working all different hours and times to me lately and when I did see her it was just a brief hello .

Old 05-14-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I have taken a liking to her if Im honest with myself Id like to go on some dates with her to see where things might go. However she is working all different hours and times to me lately and when I did see her it was just a brief hello .
You don't have her number?

Old 05-14-2022, 05:58 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times
Quote:
First off before I go into detail I want to let readers know I have Aspergers. Background situation girl that started at work a few months ago would often ask " what am I doing after work ? " I interpreted it as just making conversation. A few weeks ago she asked me the same I told her " just going to a fast food diner " she replied " can I join you if it wouldn't be cramping your style ? " I said " sure I don't mind ".she drove me to the diner and drove me home. Last week she offered me lifts home again I told her " i had other plans after work " she offered me a lift twice more and said " last chance " . As I was walking she drove past me and waved. Now here is the reason I mentioned I have aspergers I don't have good social skills and I'm clueless at interpreting if a girl is Just being friendly or actually romantically interested in me. From what I wrote about my female co worker does she seem interested or just being friendly ?
I think you're capable of understanding whether or not someone's being romantically friendly versus just plain friendly.

Maybe use this friendship has triggered in you those thoughts that you may never have considered before with this person. Don't worry you're not really that much of a disadvantage it is a minefield for everyone.

I would advise you if you're not interested in finding another job or do not pursue any romantic relationship with this person she is a coworker.

Infants worth it to find another job to pursue a romantic relationship with this person and do it but I would make sure that there's something there before I would bother.

Also you can flat out ask probably better to do it when you're alone if she likes you. If she says you're sweet and you're a good friend and that means no romance.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You don't have her number?
No I don,t have her number, outside of work we follow each other on Instagram.

Old 05-14-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
No I don,t have her number, outside of work we follow each other on Instagram.
So slide into her DMs, player!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships