Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 10:06 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post

If you KNOW the woman is single... what's the problem? Let me ask you, do you have Asperger's? There are things called "body language." You use this to figure out how people are receiving your advances / interest in them. It's not like you see a hot mom at the soccer game and then just go up and ask them out on a date. You get to know the person... "That was an awesome goal your son made. Does he go to <insert YOUR son's school here>? That's where my son goes," ... and then you learn a little bit more. And eventually, if she's interested, she'll say... "My husband and I are separated," and then you say... "Oh, sorry to hear that, same here... livin' the bachelor life!"

If she crosses her arms, or starts to look distracted, then she's probably not interested. If you're the only one doing the talking, then she's probably not interested. On the other hand, if she smiles, plays with her hair, or turns to you, or touches you on the shoulder... she might be interested.
Isn’t thst ultimately what is “wrong” with many people, not knowing how to read body language and know how to casually interact with others to see if there’s potential, and scale back if not.

Heck, there are plenty of guys who post here who want to “get” a GF but they have no social skills, no friends, no hobbies or interests, and are looking for a formula rather than understanding human connection isn’t math or science.

How can you run when you haven’t even learned to walk.

Old 05-08-2022, 10:41 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP45 View Post
Oh. So now you go ableist? Talking about Asperger’s…

No. I work in sales leadership. I literally read people all day long. The reason I wouldn’t hit on one of my kid’s teammates moms is i wouldn’t want the awkward deal if it wasn’t a fit or if they were just not looking to date, etc. OLD makes those things very clear, plus it expands your reach, which at 40 can be a real challenge to find like-minded partners.

It’s simply another tool in the toolbox for most people, if not all - and there’s zero shame in using it.

As for the single comment. I check Divorced - considering yourself single in a committed relationship would be an epic level douche move. Now we know where you stand.
Agreed. Once again rolling right into the online vs irl debate, some of us are open to all options, some need to criticize.

I successfully use dating apps and the proof definitely wouldn’t be that I found a husband, I’m not looking for that again. Not everyone wants to get married, probably now more than ever.

During the last 2 years of Covid if strange men approached me in person to strike up a conversation or ask if I was free for dinner I would’ve had so many questions, like: “Where? What’s open around here? Do they allow indoor dining or should we both order from our cars?” If I felt like talking with one or both of us using a mask.

And once again: If a person doesn’t like it, don’t use it. Simple. As for me, it’s just an additional tool.

Old 05-08-2022, 11:49 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
well I got 4 new matches and this time I am meeting at a park. I might even be creative and during a history tour that leads to ice cream

Old 05-08-2022, 11:51 AM

880 posts, read 564,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP45 View Post
Oh. So now you go ableist? Talking about Asperger’s…

No. I work in sales leadership. I literally read people all day long. The reason I wouldn’t hit on one of my kid’s teammates moms is i wouldn’t want the awkward deal if it wasn’t a fit or if they were just not looking to date, etc. OLD makes those things very clear, plus it expands your reach, which at 40 can be a real challenge to find like-minded partners.

It’s simply another tool in the toolbox for most people, if not all - and there’s zero shame in using it.

As for the single comment. I check Divorced - considering yourself single in a committed relationship would be an epic level douche move. Now we know where you stand.

Well. It’s been fun - time to go pick my “single” GF up from the spa morning that her sons and I set up and take all our kids out on the boat.

You can put the ruler away, it's OK man. That was a single comment that I made that was acknowledging that times have changed, and you seemed to really get offended by it, even though the entire point of me mentioning it is that times have changed.

Old 05-08-2022, 11:55 AM

880 posts, read 564,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
Isn’t thst ultimately what is “wrong” with many people, not knowing how to read body language and know how to casually interact with others to see if there’s potential, and scale back if not.

Heck, there are plenty of guys who post here who want to “get” a GF but they have no social skills, no friends, no hobbies or interests, and are looking for a formula rather than understanding human connection isn’t math or science.

How can you run when you haven’t even learned to walk.

Yeah, this is the thing that's frustrating for me. I realize that a lot of people inherently have difficulty in this area, but a lot of people like to hide behind their victim status. "I can't do this because..." and all this does is immediately set up the expectation for failure. People can smell and see failure a mile away, just like a horse can smell fear.

Asperger's syndrome for many is a crutch. It is 100% possible to overcome and adjust. Just like totally blind from birth people can "hear" buildings, a person with Asperger's syndrome can learn to recognize body language through sight and adaptation.

A bunch of people on here have taught me about this whole incel thing, and it seems to be a group of people who can't seem to figure out what is otherwise a simple behavior for just engaging people. If you have nothing to lose, then you can only gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships