Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 02:34 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,280,819 times

Advertisements

A dating app like this might not appeal to everyone, but to people who struggle with dating and have no idea why, I think it could be a gold mine.

The way people go to dating coaches to get feedback, well what if they went on dates and their dates had to give feedback?

There would be moderators to delete abusive or non constructive feedback.

But most people would be there to go on dates and give each other feedback about what worked and what didn't.

I would join a dating app like this.

I have seen Hinge mentioned but I would want this to be the focus of the app. Every date requires an honest review.

I really want to see this happen. I just think it would be really interesting and helpful.

Old 05-08-2022, 02:35 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
I think it would have been interesting to read the reviews of dates women had with me, because there were many times I wondered "what went wrong?".

However I don't see how this concept would not end up as a super toxic snakepit of spiteful ex-dates throwing crap at each other.

Old 05-08-2022, 04:04 PM

24,538 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
If you are talking to someone on a dating app and trying to decide whether or not to meet, would you find it useful to be able to access reviews left about them by prior dates or partners?

Kind of like how we get to read reviews about things before we order them off Amazon so we know if we are being scammed or not and to get an idea of the quality of the product. If it breaks after a month. Or if it is true to description.

So instead of wasting the hour it takes to get ready and drive to our date location, only to have to sit through another hour or so if the date is flopping. Could we save ourselves time and energy by reading honest reviews left by others who have already been on a date with that person?

I am thinking things like "He looked like his picture, even a bit better! But I found out he supports [politician] that I despise so that was a deal breaker. Otherwise he was polite and showed up on time."

Would you be in favor of such a feature if a dating app were to implement it?
Amazon account review?

Old 05-08-2022, 04:09 PM

7,238 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
I think it would have been interesting to read the reviews of dates women had with me, because there were many times I wondered "what went wrong?".

However I don't see how this concept would not end up as a super toxic snakepit of spiteful ex-dates throwing crap at each other.
I think it could just be moderated. And the more inflammatory statements could be taken out.

I would in fact like the people I dated but ghosted to know why.

Most of the time it wasn't anything horrible. One time I dated someone who was greek and made it clear from the first date I would expected to appreciate his greek heritage. I just didn't get that off his profile so we weren't a match. If in fact he didn't mean to be that forceful about it he could have corrected his error, but now we will never know.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:49 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,181,102 times
I would love something like this!

Old 05-08-2022, 09:44 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
JHC, this is real? This is so half fast as to be unbelievable. Except in today's OOOO LOOKK LOOKK AT MY SELFIES X10,000!!!! world, I guess it's believable and real. Even Orwell didn't think of this one.

Old 05-08-2022, 09:49 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,092 times
I think too many people who got rejected would write bad reviews out of spite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
JHC, this is real? This is so half fast as to be unbelievable. Except in today's OOOO LOOKK LOOKK AT MY SELFIES X10,000!!!! world, I guess it's believable and real. Even Orwell didn't think of this one.
Someone already did, in a way. It was called True Dater and you could link to the person's dating profile and leave a review. That site is something else now, however.

https://www.wired.com/2005/04/keepin...daters-honest/

Last edited by Seija; 05-08-2022 at 09:58 PM..

Old 05-08-2022, 10:08 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,097,993 times
Nope. Just another dimension further shaping the dating scene into a meaningless meat market.

“Oh I better swipe left/right because their former partner said they bla bla bla”

God forbid the way people are perceived can differ between people.

Remember that really mean, rude, abrasive teacher you had? He/she is married, has kids, has parents, whom all love and adore him/her and whom he/she adores. Some students even get along really well with him/her.

Imagine if you based who you meet in life based upon everyone else’s perception of them. Absolutely cringe.

Old 05-08-2022, 10:24 PM

10,304 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
A dating app like this might not appeal to everyone, but to people who struggle with dating and have no idea why, I think it could be a gold mine.

The way people go to dating coaches to get feedback, well what if they went on dates and their dates had to give feedback?

There would be moderators to delete abusive or non constructive feedback.

But most people would be there to go on dates and give each other feedback about what worked and what didn't.

I would join a dating app like this.

I have seen Hinge mentioned but I would want this to be the focus of the app. Every date requires an honest review.

I really want to see this happen. I just think it would be really interesting and helpful.
I can see your reasoning, however, this rating system can only deteriorate over time. (Think "fb.") Soon enough, it would turn into "nextdoor" with anonymous things being said about a person. Mostly untrue, because there is no penalty for lying about someone (unless there's monetary damages that can be proven.)

Since you're in the "dating game," I'm going to give you a resource to check on possible suitors...

www.dontdatehim.com

Old 05-08-2022, 10:26 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
Hans - "When she showed up in Birkenstocks it was over before it began."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships