Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 12:46 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I'm curious...what were the plans that your son had?
I didn't care what his plans were. I offered to provide him a way to get his things as quickly as possible. He should have either rescheduled (it damn sure wasn't a job interview) or kept his plans after we came back later on that day. He needed to be more proactive, say thank you, and go with me to pick up his stuff. He ran to Mommy to complain. I'm not dealing with that drama anymore. If he comes to me to ask me to do him a favor then he needs to adhere to my timetable not when its best for him

Old 05-18-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That is accurate.
I get that my way of handling things is not your cup of tea, but is it really necessary to take a statement I made from another conversation (which was nothing more than an opinion) and use it to further illustrate your clear bias towards me? I have tried to fill in the blanks to the best of my ability to give a clearer picture of my thinking, and why I feel the way I do. I do however respect your opinion.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:10 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,791,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I didn't care what his plans were. I offered to provide him a way to get his things as quickly as possible. He should have either rescheduled (it damn sure wasn't a job interview) or kept his plans after we came back later on that day. He needed to be more proactive, say thank you, and go with me to pick up his stuff. He ran to Mommy to complain. I'm not dealing with that drama anymore. If he comes to me to ask me to do him a favor then he needs to adhere to my timetable not when its best for him
But that's not what happened, according to your OP. He didn't come to YOU; YOU went to HIM and TOLD him what HE was going to do, and WHEN he was going to do it, whether he likes it or not!

Old 05-18-2022, 01:23 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,239,488 times
You didn't HAVE to pick it up.

It did not HAVE to be THAT Tuesday.

You went out and got them all by yourself anyway, on the weekend, no less.

Then you dumped items of potential value that could help your son move out or pay more rent.

And when he goes looking for them in another 10 years, when they're worth even MORE, you'll royally pi$$ off your wife and son for your lies of omission (among other ridiculous actions).

Wow, man of action, you really showed them!

Old 05-18-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
But that's not what happened, according to your OP. He didn't come to YOU; YOU went to HIM and TOLD him what HE was going to do, and WHEN he was going to do it, whether he likes it or not!
Yes I understand that I went to him and told him what he was going to do. My point is that he should have taken the reigns and asked me when I was available to go. Instead he got my wife involved to try and fight his battle for him. Since he handled it that way I felt I had to do what I had to do.

Old 05-18-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
You didn't HAVE to pick it up.

It did not HAVE to be THAT Tuesday.

You went out and got them all by yourself anyway, on the weekend, no less.

Then you dumped items of potential value that could help your son move out or pay more rent.

And when he goes looking for them in another 10 years, when they're worth even MORE, you'll royally pi$$ off your wife and son for your lies of omission (among other ridiculous actions).

Wow, man of action, you really showed them!
You're correct. He could have asked one of his friends to drive him out to Long Island to sit in traffic and pick up his own things. Since I was asked to pick up his things (irrelevant of what I wanted to do that day) I did what I was asked. HE nor my wife never told me where to bring his things to. Without direction I assumed any option was on the table.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:02 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,239,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
Without direction I assumed any option was on the table.
Did you also assume that the response to any option would be the same? You're smart enough to know that would tick him/them off. Is this your way of teaching them a lesson so that they appreciate you more and/or ask for fewer favors going forward?

Old 05-18-2022, 02:05 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
This has morphed from a marriage situation into a parent / child issue.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships