Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:26 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times

Advertisements

My girlfriends and I recently got together for our typical "why i hate my baby daddy" meeting and I noticed that all we talked about was our new boyfriend's trifling baby mamas or our trifling baby daddies new girlfriends

Yes, I know that sounds crazy but let me try to explain. I'll use myself as an example: I have a son, his father is not active in his life BUT his father lives with his girlfriend who has 2 kids, whose fathers are not involved in their lives

And so while I'm dealing with trying to get my baby daddy to act right - my boyfriend is having baby mama drama because his baby mama - who lived off govt. assistance & child support - has let a dude who doesn't have a job but has 3 kids from 3 different girls move in her apartment and is now pregnant.

As we were talking I realized how many different people are now involved in my everyday life. If I put my child's father on child support, it will in turn affect how much money he has to spend on his girlfriends kids, which means she will probably have to put their father's on child support, and the cycle goes on.

Why is that men will move in with another woman and take care of her kids when he's not taking care of his? Why would a woman want a man who's not taking care of his kids? I used to hear stuff like this on Jerry Springer - when did it become the norm?

Disclaimer - this isn't about my life I just used me as an example

Old 05-23-2008, 11:31 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
Get on Springer honey, as that is about that this situation is destined for.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:38 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

Why is that men will move in with another woman and take care of her kids when he's not taking care of his?
Probably out of spite, or he thinks that you are a ***** and the child is not his.

Quote:
Why would a woman want a man who's not taking care of his kids?
Beats me, but I would consider a hefty lack of self-respect is involved.

Quote:
I used to hear stuff like this on Jerry Springer - when did it become the norm?
About ten years ago when being ignorant, severely uneducated and ghetto fabulous became vogue (by the way, I am using this to refer to ALL races in America).

Old 05-23-2008, 11:41 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
and this is where my tax dollars pillaged out of my paycheck goes for welfare...........

Old 05-23-2008, 11:52 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
and this is where my tax dollars pillaged out of my paycheck goes for welfare...........

But of course and that goes to all women and men in this same situation not just one group of people. I hate when I see a perfectly abled body making all kinds of kids and not supporting any of them and then expecting the working people like ourselves to support them via welfare. It's called GET A JOB and pitch in like the rest of us working stiffs. When I got divorced many years ago, I never once went on any kind of aid. I worked and had friends and my ex help care for the kids, he paid his child support and yes, I struggled but I never asked anyone for anything. It angers me to no end to see these women and men all over these talk shows during my lunch hour having DNA tests on 10 plus men, boys not acting like men, etc...
The worst part is, these are future generations! Acckk!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 12:00 PM

145 posts, read 435,444 times
I guess I missed it in the OP but I didn't see where anyone except one person was receiving govt assistance in all this.

Anyway, yeah I know what you mean about it being the norm. 2 girls in my sorority have kids from the same guy and both of them now have boyfriends who also have a kid or 2. My sister's boyfriend has 2 kids from a girl and he doesn't do anything for them and when I asked my sister she said "well his baby mama stupid as hell" I wanted to shake her ass and say "she's not the only one"

I don't know if it's low self esteem or the fact that they already have a baby, but I know a lot of girls with kids are more comfortable with guys who have a baby of their own. And as far as the man taking care of his girlfriends kids but not his own - I know you've heard the pay where you stay rule before.

A man will always take care of the home where he lives FIRST.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:11 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,433 times
Quote:

Why would a woman want a man who's not taking care of his kids?
The same reason girls will try and holla at dudes when they see them out with their kids. My brother rarely sees my nephew but whenever he gets stuck watching him he dresses him up and parades him around the mall knowing that some silly female will walk up and say "oh he's so cute" and then he'll say "he get it from his daddy" they'll giggle and next thing you know she's pregnant.

I really don't know when this whole baby mama boom took place but I have several friends who have kids from multiple women and in some cases he met one woman through the other woman.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:21 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
good god, why can't people act like adults and make conscientous decisions??? This whole scenario is just pathetic. I hate to sound like Dr. Phil, but I guess none of these folks ever gave thought to their children's lives, how they are affecting them, and ultimately affecting the downslide of today's society. And we wonder why our jails are full.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingTheSunshine View Post
I guess I missed it in the OP but I didn't see where anyone except one person was receiving govt assistance in all this.

Anyway, yeah I know what you mean about it being the norm. 2 girls in my sorority have kids from the same guy and both of them now have boyfriends who also have a kid or 2. My sister's boyfriend has 2 kids from a girl and he doesn't do anything for them and when I asked my sister she said "well his baby mama stupid as hell" I wanted to shake her ass and say "she's not the only one"

I don't know if it's low self esteem or the fact that they already have a baby, but I know a lot of girls with kids are more comfortable with guys who have a baby of their own. And as far as the man taking care of his girlfriends kids but not his own - I know you've heard the pay where you stay rule before.

A man will always take care of the home where he lives FIRST.
this situation plays out across the country and namely in poor areas and since poor areas are a high precentage Black and Mexican it is these races that are in perpetual poverty with high amounts of kids growing up to become criminals.

Yes it happens to whites also,but percentage wise more to minorities and until this attitude changes America will not rise above poverty no matter how much government "helps" with assistance.

Harsh words maybe,but its true

Old 05-23-2008, 12:57 PM

169 posts, read 538,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
this situation plays out across the country and namely in poor areas and since poor areas are a high precentage Black and Mexican it is these races that are in perpetual poverty with high amounts of kids growing up to become criminals.

Yes it happens to whites also,but percentage wise more to minorities and until this attitude changes America will not rise above poverty no matter how much government "helps" with assistance.

Harsh words maybe,but its true
I must agree. Also that they keep popping babies out to get a few extra dollars for tax purposes. Oh but they can drive nice cars and not give a **** about anyone but themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships