Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northfleet View Post
you should date east asian men, most of them are educated, making good salaries and don't have kids (unless they are divorced)
for some reason 'dark skinned man' struck me as an epithet for "no ****in ethnics"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,242 times
Lies and cheats.
Has kids.
Doesnt go to church.
Bashes and complains about women.
Cant hold a job.
Has a huge ego.
Complains about me liking soccer(football). Sorry its my favorite sport, get over it.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:01 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
LOL, sure. Some of my best friends are Republicans...

My friends are all political stripes - I just want the person taking up space in my bed to be mostly on the same page as me
My SO and I are both Republicans.... we still argue over issues! But in all fairness, we ARE on the same page about most things.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
for some reason 'dark skinned man' struck me as an epithet for "no ****in ethnics"
Yet I believe her children are biracial. Go figure.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Those are the biggest idiots of all. Because they're willing to overlook roughly 50% of all available men or women simply because a person believes in either Keynesian or Austrian economics. And then they'll be back on this forum in a few months wondering why they can't find anyone, chiefly because they've cut the available pool of people in half. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
Heck people who will only date someone of their party have cut the dating pool by more then half, mainly because they cut out the apolitical folks too. My ex, was 100% apolitical. I am pretty sure she never voted, and would groan when someone said something even mildly political.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:43 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Heck people who will only date someone of their party have cut the dating pool by more then half, mainly because they cut out the apolitical folks too. My ex, was 100% apolitical. I am pretty sure she never voted, and would groan when someone said something even mildly political.
That kind of annoys me for some reason. I think everyone should be civically involved, at least to the point of going to the voting booth.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,069,915 times
1. Repetitive liar
- I can't deal with people who keeps lying and let you down.
2. Doesn't want any kids
- I don't go into a relationship if I have no plans to remain with them long term. If they say they don't want kids, then there are plenty of other men available. Contrary to many people here, I don't really mind if she has a kid from before.
3. Is fat
- I'm actually pretty strict on this one. I find fat repulsive, and fat people tend to become bigger over the years. However, they do not need to be physically fit.
4. No interest in social issues
- I talk about it a lot, and I find people who are not interested hard to talk to. But if I can easily talk to them, then it is not an issue. Politics is not too important as long as we agree about the general message.
5. Has had sex with many men before
- Due to my conservative nature, I won't feel comfortable with it.
6. Rude people
- I can't deal with people who responds rudely. For instance if I make a bad joke, instead of not laughing they will ask. "why are you making such a stupid statement". And I don't like arrogant people or people who think they know more than they do, and won't listen to other people.
7. Is lazy
- I need to respect them, and I won't if they bum around all day. Also, we need financial stability, and either I have to work long hours and she does the house work, or we both have to work.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:57 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,387,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
That kind of annoys me for some reason. I think everyone should be civically involved, at least to the point of going to the voting booth.
I don't know I have met a lot of people who just don't do politics. To be fair it is kind of slimy and if you are just not all that interested why bother?

Though I have to say I think it is funny that she lives in kind of swing state (NC), and doesn't really care about voting when there are numerous die hard partisans in un-competitive states that would love to have the kind of say in a reasonably close state that she can get with a 5 minute trip to the county elections office, and a 5 minute trip to the polls.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:31 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You know, I don't get striking people because of their political beliefs. I used to date people who believe differently than me and I am friends who believe differently from me. We can have dinner parties and bat around opposing viewpoints without voices being raised or knives being drawn.

Because, unless you count the Nazis, few political viewpoints are wholly right or wholly wrong. In fact, I would argue that to cling to a label for yourself tells the world that you've actually abdicated the right to think for yourself. And if you believe that conservatives or liberals are totally wrong while you are totally right, then I would say that you suffer from a serious case of moral vanity.
If the GOP wasn't full of proponents of theocracy, and it had more old-school types who didn't cater to religious zealots, I'd be more open to Republicans. I just can't bring myself to be with a man who supports people who would curtail or even take away his girlfriend's reproductive rights and deny homosexuals the right to marry. The state has no business in that stuff, as far as I'm concerned, so for now, if a man is right-winged, he'd best be a Libertarian or I'm not going near him. Of course I'd prefer a Green or a liberal Democrat, as I consider myself progressive in many respects and we'd have more in common. Although there is no need to agree on everything, there are some issues I feel just that strongly about, and the more we have in common, the better it will work.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
If the GOP wasn't full of proponents of theocracy, and it had more old-school types who didn't cater to religious zealots, I'd be more open to Republicans. I just can't bring myself to be with a man who supports people who would curtail or even take away his girlfriend's reproductive rights and deny homosexuals the right to marry. For now, if a man is right-winged, he'd best be a Libertarian or I'm not going near him. Of course I'd prefer a Green or a liberal Democrat, as I consider myself progressive in many respects and we'd have more in common. Although there is no need to agree on everything, there are some issues I feel just that strongly about, and the more we have in common, the better it will work.
Surprisingly, many of us Republicans feel the same way. But until there is a viable 3rd party to encompass middle of the road liberals and republicans were all stuck with our respective parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships