Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 06:08 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
I’m back.i posted about not knowing what this guy I’m seeing is looking for.our 2nd date he told me somethings that came up as possible red flags.1 that he was a very sexual person.i didn’t understand what he meant by that he said something about how he has to be sexually attracted to the person he is dating and how he is very affectionate.then he said he likes to just chill at home sometimes and I told him I’m not into going to a dudes house so soon.he wanted me to go over to his place as a 2nd date and when I suggested we go for dinner he said I was changing the plans & got upset when I never actually said I was going to his place for the 2nd date.

We went out for dinner and had a good time but that’s also when he mentioned that he was a sexual person.now date 3 I asked him what he wanted to do he said he wanted to watch movies at his place.i told him I wasn’t a fan of going over so soon into dating.he got upset and stated how that was the plan just because he asked me if I liked to cuddle and I responded with yes then told him maybe one time we can.i didn’t think that meant our next date would be me going over and just cuddling.

He ended up telling me that I’m making things complicated and I’m being difficult.that I’m giving off red flags.then later still asked if I wanted to meet up.emotionally it was a complete rollercoaster to be told that someone no longer wants to see you that you’re a red flag and then ending it by asking if I still want to hangout.

I know I give mixed signals by saying I’d be down to cuddle sometime but I was just flirting.him getting upset because I don’t want to go to his place and watch movies throws me off.on the other hand I enjoy his company in person we don’t have these types of miscommunications when we are in front of one another.is he just looking to hook up?
Is this the guy who wanted to go for a walk for your first meeting/date?

If so, I thought more highly of him that he deserved.

Someone who's "sexual" doesn't need to make a blaring announcement about it nor does he keep trying to push you into doing something that you're not overly keen to do just yet with him. Besides, there are plenty of public activities that would allow for physical touching, but I don't think that he wants just a kiss, a hug, and a snuggle. This is a guy who's looking to get laid. Not that there's anything the matter with that, but he's not even trying at the courtship aspect of getting woman into bed--just using the lazy "Netflix and chill" method. That's cute when you're in college hanging out in someone's dorm room with someone who you already know, but lame as heck behavior for a grown man.

He's also trying to push blame onto you for not putting out on his schedule hence the "you're making things complicated" and that he sees that as being a red flag.

Move on and consider this guy to be a bullet dodged. After all, dating is about finding someone who is a good match for you and this guy isn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 06:17 PM

204 posts, read 111,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Is this the guy who wanted to go for a walk for your first meeting/date?

If so, I thought more highly of him that he deserved.

Someone who's "sexual" doesn't need to make a blaring announcement about it nor does he keep trying to push you into doing something that you're not overly keen to do just yet with him. Besides, there are plenty of public activities that would allow for physical touching, but I don't think that he wants just a kiss, a hug, and a snuggle. This is a guy who's looking to get laid. Not that there's anything the matter with that, but he's not even trying at the courtship aspect of getting woman into bed--just using the lazy "Netflix and chill" method. That's cute when you're in college hanging out in someone's dorm room with someone who you already know, but lame as heck behavior for a grown man.

He's also trying to push blame onto you for not putting out on his schedule hence the "you're making things complicated" and that he sees that as being a red flag.

Move on and consider this guy to be a bullet dodged. After all, dating is about finding someone who is a good match for you and this guy isn't it.
this is the same guy.i agree with everything you said and even told him we are in our 30s at this point we know what someone wants by asking them to come over and watch a movie.he kept saying that wasn’t the case.the whole “I’m a sexual person” was weird.he was kind of hinting at the fact that he wants to sleep with me which is normal.under different circumstances and when I’m ready I would.the way he went about it was just classless and the more I think about it kind of manipulative by switching and putting the blame on me.

Old 07-20-2022, 06:48 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, I got as far as the first page here. Drop this guy before you end up as a statistic. You two have nothing in common. You're trying to talk to him as if he were a normal person, even though he's made his agenda patently clear. Get out of this situation while you can. Block, and make sure he doesn't follow you around.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:13 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,562,030 times
Quote:
this is the same guy.i agree with everything you said and even told him we are in our 30s at this point we know what someone wants by asking them to come over and watch a movie.he kept saying that wasn’t the case.the whole “I’m a sexual person” was weird.he was kind of hinting at the fact that he wants to sleep with me which is normal.under different circumstances and when I’m ready I would.the way he went about it was just classless and the more I think about it kind of manipulative by switching and putting the blame on me.
This guy made me sorry that I gave the advice that I did in your earlier thread. In my past experience, walking or other simple dates lead to some great times even if they didn't end up being the grand romance of the century.

In your shoes, I'd "next" this guy. He doesn't seem worth the aggravation. It makes me wonder if he sucks in bed as much as he does at dating (not that I recommend that you find out for yourself.)

Old 07-20-2022, 09:44 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Girl, move on.

Old 07-21-2022, 12:36 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
I'm not quite sure why there is a question. He wants sex and you aren't putting out fast enough or cheaply enough, so he is irritated because his plans are being thwarted. I doubt that he has any interest in you beyond sex on a budget.

There is no reason to stick around any longer.

Old 07-21-2022, 01:31 PM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
I’m back.i posted about not knowing what this guy I’m seeing is looking for.our 2nd date he told me somethings that came up as possible red flags.1 that he was a very sexual person.i didn’t understand what he meant by that he said something about how he has to be sexually attracted to the person he is dating and how he is very affectionate.then he said he likes to just chill at home sometimes and I told him I’m not into going to a dudes house so soon.he wanted me to go over to his place as a 2nd date and when I suggested we go for dinner he said I was changing the plans & got upset when I never actually said I was going to his place for the 2nd date.

We went out for dinner and had a good time but that’s also when he mentioned that he was a sexual person.now date 3 I asked him what he wanted to do he said he wanted to watch movies at his place.i told him I wasn’t a fan of going over so soon into dating.he got upset and stated how that was the plan just because he asked me if I liked to cuddle and I responded with yes then told him maybe one time we can.i didn’t think that meant our next date would be me going over and just cuddling.

He ended up telling me that I’m making things complicated and I’m being difficult.that I’m giving off red flags.then later still asked if I wanted to meet up.emotionally it was a complete rollercoaster to be told that someone no longer wants to see you that you’re a red flag and then ending it by asking if I still want to hangout.

I know I give mixed signals by saying I’d be down to cuddle sometime but I was just flirting.him getting upset because I don’t want to go to his place and watch movies throws me off.on the other hand I enjoy his company in person we don’t have these types of miscommunications when we are in front of one another.is he just looking to hook up?
Repeated telling you he's a sexual person and inviting you to his house...and you have to ask if he's looking for sex ????

Those are not "possible" red flags....those ARE red flags.
You shouldn't need anyone to confirm or verify that for you. If you are uncomfortable then end it.

Old 07-21-2022, 03:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I don't understand why you even went on date 2. Don't be a doormat or desperate. You should have told him right there already to go pound sand.

Old 07-21-2022, 04:11 PM

204 posts, read 111,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I'm not quite sure why there is a question. He wants sex and you aren't putting out fast enough or cheaply enough, so he is irritated because his plans are being thwarted. I doubt that he has any interest in you beyond sex on a budget.

There is no reason to stick around any longer.
I’ve been seeing this with the last few people I’ve gone on dates with.well the one before him would at least take me out for a few more dates.which made me think it would actually go somewhere.

these days I feel like people are just looking for a hook up with very little effort.

Old 07-21-2022, 04:21 PM

11,065 posts, read 6,881,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
I agree, WAY too soon.

Drop him.
Agree. Drop - no, ghost - this loser. This guy is intimidating you, gaslighting you and is not interested in you. It's not about you it's not about anybody else. It's all about him. Don't be offended at this behavior. This jerk is lost in his own world. He is really bad news and you need to watch out for yourself.

You haven't written anything at all that shows us that this is an interesting or fun guy. What's the attraction?

You sound very young and rather impressionable and I really do hope that you take steps to guard yourself against this type of male because they are out there in great numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships