Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2022, 04:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times

Advertisements

This person should not be on your mind...like at all. I wish more women would stop letting these men they don't know for more than 2 seconds get into their heads so much and gaslight them. The second these weirdos make you feel uncomfortable, GET OUT OF THERE. Nothing to consider. Nothing to think about. Nothing to rationalize. BLOCK. Understand you're only wasting your own time giving this any mental energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2022, 05:37 PM

762 posts, read 452,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugratnyc View Post
I’ve been seeing this with the last few people I’ve gone on dates with.well the one before him would at least take me out for a few more dates.which made me think it would actually go somewhere.

these days I feel like people are just looking for a hook up with very little effort.
For someone in their 30s you seem surprised; this the same loser who wanted to make his first impression by taking a walk like you're still in elementary school. If you want a quality partner stop settling for scraps. You deserve better.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:29 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times
Quote:
I’ve been seeing this with the last few people I’ve gone on dates with.well the one before him would at least take me out for a few more dates.which made me think it would actually go somewhere.

these days I feel like people are just looking for a hook up with very little effort.
This is a self fullfilling prophesy. There are a lot of people who haven't had great success with dating This applies to both men AND WOMEN. So these guys will push for sex and women will agree to it, but when you talk to people most people really do want to love and be loved by someone else, but because there are so many of the walking wounded both men and women are settling for sex when they really want love. But people will also live up or down to your expectations. If you start expecting more from men you will actually get more from men.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:35 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Oyy yoii yoii. What jumps out for me is that all he wants to do is ____ you. In my book this discussion between the two of you went too far too fast already, but if that's how you roll then that's how you roll. Good luck.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:38 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,875,918 times
The saying goes "act like a lady and you will be treated like a lady."

It sounds old-fashioned, it sounds prissy, it sounds stuffy, but it is 100% true. I cleaned up my language and I walk away from crude and vulgar conversations. It works.

Old 07-21-2022, 07:39 PM

204 posts, read 111,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
For someone in their 30s you seem surprised; this the same loser who wanted to make his first impression by taking a walk like you're still in elementary school. If you want a quality partner stop settling for scraps. You deserve better.
the walk seemed odd to me but didn’t want to blow him off completely because of it.when he started talking about being a sexual person I should’ve deleted his number after that.dating has been so rough that I started to think maybe I was asking too much of people,i might’ve lowered the bar too low for my liking though.this was a learning experience.

Old 07-21-2022, 10:59 PM

1,655 posts, read 775,535 times
Movie on a couch on the first or second date is code for you know what. Starts off with “let’s cuddle”. Odds are pretty slim that turns into relationship or even hearing from the guy again.

If you’re a woman and really want to weed out 98% of dudes…tell them you don’t have sex until you’ve known someone a few months. You might stay single a loooong time though. If you do find one that will stick around that long there’s a good chance he likes you as a person. Very few guys wanting sex will hang around more than 2-3 dates if it’s not on the menu.

Old 07-21-2022, 11:06 PM

204 posts, read 111,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Movie on a couch on the first or second date is code for you know what. Starts off with “let’s cuddle”. Odds are pretty slim that turns into relationship or even hearing from the guy again.

If you’re a woman and really want to weed out 98% of dudes…tell them you don’t have sex until you’ve known someone a few months. You might stay single a loooong time though. If you do find one that will stick around that long there’s a good chance he likes you as a person. Very few guys wanting sex will hang around more than 2-3 dates if it’s not on the menu.
More than half the men I’ve come across through online dating mention cuddling before we even meet.I’ve had a guy for no reason randomly tell me that he lives alone & cleans his apartment naked.not sure what’s in the water or if covid made everyone horny with the lack of interaction we all had but it’s annoying.

Old 07-21-2022, 11:13 PM

1,655 posts, read 775,535 times
Quote:
More than half the men I’ve come across through online dating mention cuddling before we even meet.I’ve had a guy for no reason randomly tell me that he lives alone & cleans his apartment naked.not sure what’s in the water or if covid made everyone horny with the lack of interaction we all had but it’s annoying.
Sounds about right — since online dating came around not just Covid times. Believe it not there are women out there that will meet at say 11pm or even 2am at their house…start cuddling…then kissing…letting a hand roam and then be having sex within an hour of “let’s watch a movie”. A lot of men…maybe most are hoping that’s you so they are pushing the sexual/touching talk early to get a read on you.

Old 07-21-2022, 11:15 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Netflix and chill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships