Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 04:15 AM

72 posts, read 439,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have heard SOOO many women on this board and in other places say repeaditly that they would never, ever be with a man who so much as kissed a boy on the cheek in Junior high on a $100 dare. What the heck? Why is it so wrong to be with someone who has experimented a little?

I mean, as long as the guy does not have any diseases or anything and can still be faithful, so what? And don't give me that "if he's bisexual, he can't be faithful!" crap. Look at it this way: if a white guy dated asian women before marrying his white wife, is it a GUARANTEE that he will cheat on her with a asian women? No. So, if a man who has been with men marries a women is it a guarantee that he will cheat? No.

Even worse, so many women will not even be with a man who just fooled around a little in his youth. I mean, if a guy slept with one man one time in college, is it really that big a deal?

And the most awful part of it is that the same women who experimented with other women would leave a guy who experimented with other men. Can we say "double standard"? Question for all you ladies out there: what if you're "mr. Right" left you when he found out that you made out with a girl? Probably be like "WTF?" wouldn't you?

Those whores on Sex in the City celebrate playing both sides all the time, yet the same women who cheer them on would never do anything with a man who so much as slept with a man one time in highschool, BY ACCIDENT!....well, I was trying out for the football team and was playing the center and we slipped and ahh...

And no, I am not bisexual myself. A little curious? yahh, but really, WHO ISN'T? Will I ever act on it? most likely no. But if a girl left me for finding that out, she would be just fine, while if I left a girl for sleeping with another girl at any point in her life, I would be the "bad guy"

I wouldn't really care if he was with a man, to be honest. lol What's good for the goose is good for the gander! It's not my thing, personally, but, can't hold it against them. The past is the past.

I also don't see why it's okay for men to have multiple wives & yet it's not okay for a woman to have multiple husbands. Same thing, only different. lol I wanna start a polyandry cult. It takes about 30 husbands to make ends meet in this society anyway. LOL (i'm joking btw)

Old 05-26-2008, 04:15 AM

20,324 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
victorianpunk;3875787]
Also, I hate to break it to you but, almost all men have had some kind of contact with males in their lives. Playing doctor when you're ten? "you show me your's and I'll show you mine"? Does that count?
Most men played Dr with guys? I don't think so.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:56 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Alot of my gay friends are of the opinion that there is no such thing as bisexual, only people who are riding the fence affraid to really embrace being gay.
There are a lot of people out there who have a hard time believing most people aren't gay.

Quote:
I tend to feel that is posible.
But just about anything's possible. What makes it more probable than something else?

Quote:
I have another friend whose Father came out as gay when she was a teenager of course landing her in therapy who told me her therapist believes that people who claim to be bisexual are people who are actually addicted to sex and will take it with whomever they can get it but their LOVE relationships are always with one sex or the other.
I'm sorry to read that there are still bisexual therapists out there. Hopefully this is not a psychologist. But then I shouldn't be surprised because I've known homophobic therapists, also.

I don't buy into any of those labels, but in response to that particular therapist, I am attracted to men and women, and about the least sexual person you'll ever encounter, save for Shakers, I guess.

Quote:
Frankly, I just have no interest in being involved with someone who isn't sure which side of the fence they fall on.
Why the hetero/homo dichotomy?

Quote:
Some of my dearest friends have been gay and personally I love hanging out with gay guys, they are just so more much more fun BUT not someone I would share my bed with.
Why not? Unless they have no interest in women--then the answer is obvious.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Yea, I have a girlfriend whose ex boyfriend (who claimed to be bi) now lives life as a woman. He even had himself castrated. Not really a memory I would want to have if I were her.
Those are separate issues.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:34 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I don't doubt that this has been addressed already (I haven't read every page in this thread) but it's very hurtful when you develop genuine feelings for a person and the person finds out you're also attracted to the other sex and is then unwilling to even try to date you. That's the person's prerogative, of course, but it's a shame if you're willing to and habitually are monogamous but the person is prejudiced and doesn't believe that's possible. Why is it that people don't fault you for the potential for being attracted to anyone of their sex but when it's another sex also, they decide to freak out then? If one's really paranoid about being cheated on, it could reasonably happen with any mate.
That's just part of life. Partners can find out all types of things about you from your past that they don't like and stop dating you at a moments notice. That is just part of life, like it or not. And those reasons are hurtful too.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
That's just part of life. Partners can find out all types of things about you from your past that they don't like and stop dating you at a moments notice. That is just part of life, like it or not. And those reasons are hurtful too.
Maybe as time marches on and people grow more open-minded about ***** issues, it will be the basis for rejection less and less often.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:49 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,427,956 times
I just chalk it up to other women's loss. Bisexual and bicurious men tend to be more attentive and better in bed. I don't care what kinds of females my boyfriends have been with in the past, provided that they have been protected and test clean- so why should I care if they've had sexual contact with men?

Old 05-26-2008, 09:58 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

"you show me your's and I'll show you mine"? Does that count?
Yes, especially in the public men's room at the city park.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:04 AM

72 posts, read 439,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I just chalk it up to other women's loss. Bisexual and bicurious men tend to be more attentive and better in bed. I don't care what kinds of females my boyfriends have been with in the past, provided that they have been protected and test clean- so why should I care if they've had sexual contact with men?
exactly.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:55 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconitum View Post
I wouldn't really care if he was with a man, to be honest. lol What's good for the goose is good for the gander! It's not my thing, personally, but, can't hold it against them. The past is the past.

THANK YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships