Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 08:48 PM

603 posts, read 2,358,116 times

Advertisements

I guess I don't completely understand the whole bi-sexual thing. If a man was just experimenting in his youth, no problem but once he's in his 20's he should have it figured out by then, right? One of my best friends is gay (he knew when he was in the 1st grade) and he seems to think either you like men or you don't...he really doesn't buy into the whole bi-sexual thing.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:21 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,974,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
I guess I don't completely understand the whole bi-sexual thing. If a man was just experimenting in his youth, no problem but once he's in his 20's he should have it figured out by then, right? One of my best friends is gay (he knew when he was in the 1st grade) and he seems to think either you like men or you don't...he really doesn't buy into the whole bi-sexual thing.
It's not the "liking men or not" part that makes one bisexual, it's the liking men AND WOMEN thing that does.

Also, sometimes people don't just "figure it out". Sometimes people are into men and women equally and just love someone for who they are and not their genitals. Also, keep in mind that gay people are no more experts on bisexuals than straight people are.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:47 PM

564 posts, read 2,340,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I have heard SOOO many women on this board and in other places say repeaditly that they would never, ever be with a man who so much as kissed a boy on the cheek in Junior high on a $100 dare. What the heck? Why is it so wrong to be with someone who has experimented a little?

I mean, as long as the guy does not have any diseases or anything and can still be faithful, so what? And don't give me that "if he's bisexual, he can't be faithful!" crap. Look at it this way: if a white guy dated asian women before marrying his white wife, is it a GUARANTEE that he will cheat on her with a asian women? No. So, if a man who has been with men marries a women is it a guarantee that he will cheat? No.

Even worse, so many women will not even be with a man who just fooled around a little in his youth. I mean, if a guy slept with one man one time in college, is it really that big a deal?

And the most awful part of it is that the same women who experimented with other women would leave a guy who experimented with other men. Can we say "double standard"? Question for all you ladies out there: what if you're "mr. Right" left you when he found out that you made out with a girl? Probably be like "WTF?" wouldn't you?

Those whores on Sex in the City celebrate playing both sides all the time, yet the same women who cheer them on would never do anything with a man who so much as slept with a man one time in highschool, BY ACCIDENT!....well, I was trying out for the football team and was playing the center and we slipped and ahh...

And no, I am not bisexual myself. A little curious? yahh, but really, WHO ISN'T? Will I ever act on it? most likely no. But if a girl left me for finding that out, she would be just fine, while if I left a girl for sleeping with another girl at any point in her life, I would be the "bad guy"
I'm a young man, 23, fairly old fashioned, but liberal. I have no problem whatsoever with someone being gay. If women want to kiss other women and if men want to kiss other men, that's their business, not mine or anyone else's.

However, I do NOT want to date anyone who has had a bisexual relationship. Sorry. How do I bring that home to momma? I'm not one of those guys that goes absolutely nuts when he sees beautiful women kissing or what have you. In fact, knowing that my girlfriend, fiance, or wife had kissed another woman with the same lips I was kissing....it would make me physically ill. Either you're gay or you aren't, but I for one am not a fan of sharing anyone.

And yes, it really is a big deal if you slept with a man during college. This means you're a homosexual. That's the general definition, isn't it? You can't just say, "Well, I slept with a few other guys in college...but ya know, that's college for ya!" No, it isn't. I'm not attracted to them in any way, and I don't see how you can be unless you were born that way.

I swear, I feel like an old man just for having SOME traditional views on things nowadays.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:53 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,485,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
I'm a young man, 23, fairly old fashioned, but liberal. I have no problem whatsoever with someone being gay. If women want to kiss other women and if men want to kiss other men, that's their business, not mine or anyone else's.

However, I do NOT want to date anyone who has had a bisexual relationship. Sorry. How do I bring that home to momma? I'm not one of those guys that goes absolutely nuts when he sees beautiful women kissing or what have you. In fact, knowing that my girlfriend, fiance, or wife had kissed another woman with the same lips I was kissing....it would make me physically ill. Either you're gay or you aren't, but I for one am not a fan of sharing anyone.

And yes, it really is a big deal if you slept with a man during college. This means you're a homosexual. That's the general definition, isn't it? You can't just say, "Well, I slept with a few other guys in college...but ya know, that's college for ya!" No, it isn't. I'm not attracted to them in any way, and I don't see how you can be unless you were born that way.

I swear, I feel like an old man just for having SOME traditional views on things nowadays.
you are not an old man!!! i am so happy to hear this comming from a man--thank you!!! for having values, for not blaming college for every stupid thing you think you are allowed to try just cause.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:00 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
How do I bring that home to momma?
I didn't know people discussed each other's sexual histories when they introduced their dates to their parents.

Quote:
In fact, knowing that my girlfriend, fiance, or wife had kissed another woman with the same lips I was kissing....it would make me physically ill.
Why?

Quote:
Either you're gay or you aren't,..
As I asked a poster earlier, why the hetero/homo dichotomy? Seems pretty arbitrary.

Quote:
...but I for one am not a fan of sharing anyone.
I don't think anyone had suggested that.

Quote:
And yes, it really is a big deal if you slept with a man during college. This means you're a homosexual. That's the general definition, isn't it?
"Homosexual" just means you're attracted to the same sex only. A sex act itself doesn't make one anything, unless he or she wants to adopt the label himself.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
This thread is so darn active, I'm finally tempted to respond.

Because I don't feel like having a potential queen in my bed. Clear enough?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:34 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,210,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This thread is so darn active, I'm finally tempted to respond.

Because I don't feel like having a potential queen in my bed. Clear enough?
I think the OP has been answered pretty thoroughly.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiaroscuro View Post
I think the OP has been answered pretty thoroughly.
That's OK! A little more reinforcement can't hurt.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:20 AM

564 posts, read 2,340,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I didn't know people discussed each other's sexual histories when they introduced their dates to their parents.

Why?

As I asked a poster earlier, why the hetero/homo dichotomy? Seems pretty arbitrary.

I don't think anyone had suggested that.

"Homosexual" just means you're attracted to the same sex only. A sex act itself doesn't make one anything, unless he or she wants to adopt the label himself.
I didn't know I was back in Comp I in college getting my essay graded...I'm expecting "rather wordy" to be written outside of the paragraph in red ink at this point.

First of all, I'm not discussing sexual histories in front of my parents. I'm just sure as hell not bringing a woman who has been with another woman home to meet my family, even if she and I are the only ones who know it. Sorry. That's nasty to me and I'd feel like I'd need about 40 showers to get the dirty feeling of it off me. Why, you ask? Because I feel that way. I don't have to give a reason.

And wait a minute, a sex act itself doesn't make you gay? Did I land on the wrong planet?

You know, there's being open minded...but don't be so open minded that your brains fall out.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:13 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
I didn't know I was back in Comp I in college getting my essay graded...I'm expecting "rather wordy" to be written outside of the paragraph in red ink at this point.
Why? What's the point of a message board if people don't respond to each other's posts? I'm not trying to be an obnoxious English professor. I'd make a terrible one. I'm just trying to debate...something else I'm no good at, but I do it from time to time.

Quote:
First of all, I'm not discussing sexual histories in front of my parents. I'm just sure as hell not bringing a woman who has been with another woman home to meet my family, even if she and I are the only ones who know it. Sorry. That's nasty to me and I'd feel like I'd need about 40 showers to get the dirty feeling of it off me. Why, you ask? Because I feel that way. I don't have to give a reason.
I just asked why it's so disgusting. Of course you're not obligated to answer and it's your right to feel that way. But I still wanted to ask what makes it so disgusting.

Quote:
And wait a minute, a sex act itself doesn't make you gay? Did I land on the wrong planet?
If you look up the definitions for "heterosexuality," "homosexuality," and the like, that isn't what you'll see.

Quote:
You know, there's being open minded...but don't be so open minded that your brains fall out.
I'm still pretty intact. I don't understand that cliche. It seems to me like people use it just to deride someone who disagrees with them. I didn't respond with some cliche about you being closed-minded with some kind of hyperbole--I don't see why it's necessary to be that disrespectful.

Last edited by buildings_and_bridges; 05-27-2008 at 07:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.