Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 01:57 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,885 times

Advertisements

My exgf is bi, she likes older men and younger girls then she is. It didn't make sense to me then why she be attracted to both gender, but with different age groups. I guess everyone is different.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:00 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, and the whole "Look. Some men like fat women!" tie-in is just bizarre. What the hell did that have to do with anything? I vote this thread as Strangest Analogy in City Data's History.

Huh?
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 05-25-2008, 02:03 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,699,180 times
I think it has a lot to do with what is involved with the actual act itself when it involves men with men. Sorry, but that is just unnatural and most people feel it in their gut. I grew up in an atmosphere of total acceptance of any kind of behavior. But even before becoming a Christian, I felt something deep inside say, " That, is wrong!"

Our bodies were made by a master planner/architect, and the intention of action of each body part is pretty obvious. As for a double standard? I think it is best to forgive and forget as long as it is past. Both behaviors should be unacceptable regardless!!

I know I'm going to catch it for this post, but remember I didn't write the rules for mankind!! And contrary to popular belief, it actually is covered in multiple places in His Word.

P.S. Before we Christians get too excited, (and self-righteous) remember His Word also says that there is NO sin that is not common unto man!!! We are all capable (because of the old sin nature) of committing every sin in the Book!!!! And just as soon as you say, 'Oh no, not me!' Then...Boom! That is why it is important to "Pray without ceasing" and so on and so forth!!

Last edited by jadybug; 05-25-2008 at 02:52 PM..

Old 05-25-2008, 03:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
VictorianPunk, you should have gained a basic understanding of the difference between sexual orientation and a fetish before attempting to debate this topic. Sexual attraction to a 300 lb. woman is a fetish, whereas, bi-sexuality is a sexual orientation. There's a big difference between the two (pardon the pun). Sexual orientation is generally accepted to be caused by several factors including biology, environment and cognitive functions. Additionally, sexual orientation is not something that can be treated or changed. A fetish, on the other hand, can be treated if a person decides that the fetish has become harmful. There is no evidence that a fetish is due to biological factors.

I would be unable to accept that my partner was bi-sexual as I would fear that he could not repress his desire for other males long-term. I, alone, could not satisfy his orientation towards both sexes. A fetish for fat women could be overcome with therapy as a fetish is not hard-wired. Additionally, a man that desires a fat woman could, hello, marry a fat woman. Viola, both his sexual orientation and fetish would be fulfilled in one large package.

As to your other fail argument, if a friend said her boyfriend dumped her for making out with another woman, I would not be sympathetic towards her. Cheating is cheating.

Really well said maia. Had to rep you for it. Wish I'd said it as well as you did.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:36 PM

598 posts, read 2,074,798 times
I don't have any problem whatsoever with bi guys, but I would have reservations about (seriously) dating them. Because I would be afraid that later, I would find out they were gay. I am completely supportive of the gay community but I personally would not be willing to bet that the person's bisexuality will not develop into something more later. Just too much to lose in my opinion.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:43 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
since when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
very interesting in that homosexual experimentation is higher among women than men.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:14 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
I don't doubt that this has been addressed already (I haven't read every page in this thread) but it's very hurtful when you develop genuine feelings for a person and the person finds out you're also attracted to the other sex and is then unwilling to even try to date you. That's the person's prerogative, of course, but it's a shame if you're willing to and habitually are monogamous but the person is prejudiced and doesn't believe that's possible. Why is it that people don't fault you for the potential for being attracted to anyone of their sex but when it's another sex also, they decide to freak out then? If one's really paranoid about being cheated on, it could reasonably happen with any mate.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:14 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
VictorianPunk, you should have gained a basic understanding of the difference between sexual orientation and a fetish before attempting to debate this topic. Sexual attraction to a 300 lb. woman is a fetish, whereas, bi-sexuality is a sexual orientation. There's a big difference between the two (pardon the pun). Sexual orientation is generally accepted to be caused by several factors including biology, environment and cognitive functions. Additionally, sexual orientation is not something that can be treated or changed. A fetish, on the other hand, can be treated if a person decides that the fetish has become harmful. There is no evidence that a fetish is due to biological factors.

I would be unable to accept that my partner was bi-sexual as I would fear that he could not repress his desire for other males long-term. I, alone, could not satisfy his orientation towards both sexes. A fetish for fat women could be overcome with therapy as a fetish is not hard-wired. infidelity

As to your other fail argument, if a friend said her boyfriend dumped her for making out with another woman, I would not be sympathetic towards her. Cheating is cheating.

As for your first failed argument: If fetishses can be treated, than why isn't there a cure for pedophila? "phila" being Greek for love or lust, i.e., A FETISH!

Second, the other argument I made clearly stated that I was not talking about infidelity, but rather past, as in pre-relationship sexual experience. If woman dumps her boyfriend for having had been with a man BEFORE she was with him, her girlfriends say something to the effect of "you go girl!" But, if a man dumped a woman for being with another woman before there relationships started, than the same friends would say "there there, he is such a jerk"

Quote:
fetish for fat women could be overcome with therapy as a fetish is not hard-wired. Additionally, a man that desires a fat woman could, hello, marry a fat woman. Viola, both his sexual orientation and fetish would be fulfilled in one large package.
Also, bisexual means the capacity to be with a man or a woman. Therefore, if a bisexual man marries a woman than viola, his sexual orientation is fulfilled.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingeverything View Post
Well said. Because it's not a big deal to the person experimenting hardly means the one you're with feels the same way. To victorianpunk- It's really not something to get so upset over. Instead of wondering why people are so "bi-phobic"- just find yourself someone who's not. People have very strong opinions and beliefs on this subject, and for these ones- you're not going to change their views.

Who said I was bisexual? Like I said, I have found men to be hot sometimes, but when I thought about sleeping with them I kind of had the same reaction I had watching 2girls1cup....that is to say, I wanted to vomit. I am just pointing out hypocrisy.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadybug View Post
I think it has a lot to do with what is involved with the actual act itself when it involves men with men. Sorry, but that is just unnatural and most people feel it in their gut. I grew up in an atmosphere of total acceptance of any kind of behavior. But even before becoming a Christian, I felt something deep inside say, " That, is wrong!"

Our bodies were made by a master planner/architect, and the intention of action of each body part is pretty obvious. As for a double standard? I think it is best to forgive and forget as long as it is past. Both behaviors should be unacceptable regardless!!

I know I'm going to catch it for this post, but remember I didn't write the rules for mankind!! And contrary to popular belief, it actually is covered in multiple places in His Word.

P.S. Before we Christians get too excited, (and self-righteous) remember His Word also says that there is NO sin that is not common unto man!!! We are all capable (because of the old sin nature) of committing every sin in the Book!!!! And just as soon as you say, 'Oh no, not me!' Then...Boom! That is why it is important to "Pray without ceasing" and so on and so forth!!

Please, can we ALL AGREE THAT THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO POST NICENE PROPAGANDA!?

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTREST IN HEARING WHAT SOME SLAVE OF SAMAEL HAS TO SAY! GO AWAY AND WORSHIP YOUR DESPOT ELSEWHERE!.....

...don't make me whip out the gospels of Judas, Thomas, Phillip, Mary, the Egyptians, and Secret John on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships