Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 08:24 AM

666 posts, read 478,233 times

Advertisements

I feel like a complete idiot. I met a guy on vacation in key west back in March. Had a great time and we kept in touch since. He kept telling me to come visit again. So here I am visiting key west for him for the weekend. He had asked me to stay with him but I booked a hotel just in case. Plans were to spend the whole weekend together minus the times he had to work.

We hung out Friday night and thought the night went fine. He stayed over and had work the next day so told me he would msg me after work at 7.

I didn’t hear from him all day.I was sitting there waiting for him thinking we were going out together. I finally msg him at 830 saying I’m hungry lol. He just wrote back “I was hungry all day”. I then said “when are you getting off work!?” Then he never responded. I am sitting there thinking the best of situation that maybe he fell asleep.

I go out to the bar and there he is with a friend. Completely shocked. Went over to him and said “what are you doing? I was here visiting you and waiting for you to msg after work. That’s completely disrespectful. I flew all the way here to hang with you”. He just said “oh I didn’t get your msg im sorry “ and then I walked away.

I am literally shocked. Like I was that bad that he felt the need to just ghost me after i came for him?!! Like I get if you’re not feeling it then just communicate that. Why are people so awful. No decency to just send me a quick message. Feel like I am always doing things for guys and making efforts where none is ever returned. Should I send him a message saying something ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2022, 08:39 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post
I feel like a complete idiot. I met a guy on vacation in key west back in March. Had a great time and we kept in touch since. He kept telling me to come visit again. So here I am visiting key west for him for the weekend. He had asked me to stay with him but I booked a hotel just in case. Plans were to spend the whole weekend together minus the times he had to work.

We hung out Friday night and thought the night went fine. He stayed over and had work the next day so told me he would msg me after work at 7.

I didn’t hear from him all day.I was sitting there waiting for him thinking we were going out together. I finally msg him at 830 saying I’m hungry lol. He just wrote back “I was hungry all day”. I then said “when are you getting off work!?” Then he never responded. I am sitting there thinking the best of situation that maybe he fell asleep.

I go out to the bar and there he is with a friend. Completely shocked. Went over to him and said “what are you doing? I was here visiting you and waiting for you to msg after work. That’s completely disrespectful. I flew all the way here to hang with you”. He just said “oh I didn’t get your msg im sorry “ and then I walked away.

I am literally shocked. Like I was that bad that he felt the need to just ghost me after i came for him?!! Like I get if you’re not feeling it then just communicate that. Why are people so awful. No decency to just send me a quick message. Feel like I am always doing things for guys and making efforts where none is ever returned. Should I send him a message saying something ?
Nope. That would accomplish absolutely nothing. Do not communicate with him at all, and take it as a lesson learned. I'm sorry this happened, some people suck. Do not make much of an effort until you know someone well enough to know the do not, suck.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-31-2022, 08:40 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillygirl123 View Post

Let it go. He is not worth more of your mental energy. Consider requiring more of how you want to be treated from guys before you start doing things for them. Be in tune to your self worth.

Old 07-31-2022, 09:02 AM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
Maybe you make so much effort it is off putting. It was rude of him to not be upfront with you. It was also foolish to travel any distance for someone you met on vacation. Why not seek out a relationship with someone that is more accessible, like within a 50 mile radius?

Old 07-31-2022, 09:37 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Maybe you make so much effort it is off putting. It was rude of him to not be upfront with you. It was also foolish to travel any distance for someone you met on vacation. Why not seek out a relationship with someone that is more accessible, like within a 50 mile radius?
I agree.

Meeting someone while you’re in vacation mode is often quite different from reality, as you unfortunately learned.

Old 07-31-2022, 10:24 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
I'd never in a million yrs do anything like fly out for a guy I barely know, heck, I've never & haven't ever driven 1 hr for some stranger...call me boring or whatever, ha! I hope he paid for 1/2 of this trip for you to come out, but I doubt it.

Why in the world would you message him ever again anymore? Don't do it. You were just someone out of who knows how many other women in his life who he wanted to divert his attention from his loser life for a while for his own selfish needs so he used you for the moment & ghosted you when he didn't care anymore.

There could be countless possibiliites of why he even wanted you to come out in the 1st place. That's what happens when you go this far out of your way for a stranger. Heck, people barely know some people they've known for 10+ yrs.

My guess...his girlfriend was going out of town for that same weekend, so he figured he'd have a little fun & contact the gullible, softies of all the women he halfway kind of knew (YOU) who'd actually agree to fly way out there to be w/ him for the weekend.

So however much longer you have on your trip, just enjoy yourself, enjoy the sights, shop, etc. ALONE until you have to go back. No use flying back at this very moment now if you don't want to.

Old 07-31-2022, 10:40 AM

9,398 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Welcome to the world of creeps, OP. Stick around the hood. There are plenty of good men, and plenty of pathetic men, within a 10 mile radius of where you live or work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'd never in a million yrs do anything like fly out for a guy I barely know, heck, I've never & haven't ever driven 1 hr for some stranger...call me boring or whatever, ha! I hope he paid for 1/2 of this trip for you to come out, but I doubt it.

Why in the world would you message him ever again anymore? Don't do it. You were just someone out of who knows how many other women in his life who he wanted to divert his attention from his loser life for a while for his own selfish needs so he used you for the moment & ghosted you when he didn't care anymore.

There could be countless possibiliites of why he even wanted you to come out in the 1st place. That's what happens when you go this far out of your way for a stranger. Heck, people barely know some people they've known for 10+ yrs.

My guess...his girlfriend was going out of town for that same weekend, so he figured he'd have a little fun & contact the gullible, softies of all the women he halfway kind of knew (YOU) who'd actually agree to fly way out there to be w/ him for the weekend.

So however much longer you have on your trip, just enjoy yourself, enjoy the sights, shop, etc. ALONE until you have to go back. No use flying back at this very moment now if you don't want to.

Old 07-31-2022, 10:42 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Maybe I expect too much, but if I'm going to visit someone for the weekend, I'd expect them to take a day off or two from work at the very least (especially if it's a romantic interest). So for me, that would already tell me this guy wasn't that into me to begin with.

Take it as a lesson learned, next time as others have said don't go a visit a guy you met once on vacation, or if you do make sure that's the not the sole purpose of your visit.

Old 07-31-2022, 11:04 AM

215 posts, read 127,162 times
I LOVE that you just turned and walked away after his lame%#% excuse! Do not undo that power by messaging him. He is the loser.

Since you said you feel taken advantage of often, maybe you could explore some strategies to help you with that. You don't need to drasticallly change yourself. The right guy will surface.

I do agree with others about being careful flying to meet someone you do not know. Let them come to you on your 'turf' .

Good luck!

Old 07-31-2022, 11:26 AM

666 posts, read 478,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Maybe I expect too much, but if I'm going to visit someone for the weekend, I'd expect them to take a day off or two from work at the very least (especially if it's a romantic interest). So for me, that would already tell me this guy wasn't that into me to begin with.

Take it as a lesson learned, next time as others have said don't go a visit a guy you met once on vacation, or if you do make sure that's the not the sole purpose of your visit.
Well we had planned to spend the day together Monday and then all the nights I was here. But I normally would not do something like this and fly for a guy. Key west is my favorite place so I figured why not. I also had decided I wanted to live it up this summer and travel because we changed custody schedules with my son and I have every other weekend off.

But yea I’m definitely not doing something like this again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships