Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 01:59 PM

1,483 posts, read 691,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Your experience sounds limited. I'm guessing you're not one of those old people, like I am.

I know a guy...one of the nicest guys I've ever met, who is full-sleeves tatted. Some amazing artwork actually. He's a Heating and Air guy, good union job, has a private plane, and a nice cabin in rural Missouri, owns his own home, is a loving dad to a teenager, AAANNNNDDD he has a Harley.

He's a total sweetheart and kind natured, and if he wasn't just recently married, I'd totally recommend him to ANY woman, including my daughters, if I had daughters. He is most definitely a "good guy".
If 53 - looks 23 - is not 'old' to you, then yeah, you're right, I'm not 'old'.

I don't 'hang' with bikers anyway - be kinda silly for a femboy to be seen around that... besides, wouldn't want to give any of them any 'ideas'. Hint: not ALL bikers are into 'old ladies'... lol.

Anyway. Not anywhere did I say EVERY tatted biker is an . Your friend may be an outlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 03:34 PM

44,417 posts, read 20,177,379 times
People, PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC! The topic is NOT Internet addiction nor social media addiction. Tread lightly and stay on topic, or the thread will be locked.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-11-2022, 03:52 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,832,456 times
Things that could also be seen as "bad" if you are bigoted:

Belonging to a frat
Living together before marriage
Going to Florida for Spring Break
Being divorced
Having a medical marijuana prescription
Having credit card debt
Drinking alcohol
Being openly gay or bi
Going to heavy metal concerts
Wearing a baseball cap backwards
Carrying a licensed concealed weapon
Having long hair as a guy
Dropping out of college
Enjoying rap music
Having unprotected sex

Lets add all these and more to the silly list of gateway activities (like having a tattoo and riding a motorcycle) that indicate a tendency to be a bad boy/girl.

How about it? What do you think?

Old 08-11-2022, 04:00 PM

5,764 posts, read 3,260,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

Belonging to a frat
Being divorced
Having credit card debt
Drinking alcohol
Being openly gay or bi
Dropping out of college
Enjoying rap music
Having unprotected sex

Lets add all these and more to the silly list of gateway activities (like having a tattoo and riding a motorcycle) that indicate a tendency to be a bad boy/girl.

THANK YOU!

I think it's fair to say we all have our biases...but surely, when we live long enough, our biases get challenged . One can't judge a book by the cover, so the saying goes.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:13 PM

Wanna know who taught me to judge - harshly, in particular?

Ready?
Set...
GO!

People who judge *me* - harshly or not.
They taught me *very* well. And when I learn something, it stays. For LIFE.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:20 PM

1,655 posts, read 783,594 times
Quote:

Belonging to a frat
Being divorced
Having credit card debt
Drinking alcohol
Being openly gay or bi
Dropping out of college
Enjoying rap music
Having unprotected sex

I think most people may understand that “bad boy” isn’t strictly limited to tattooed motorcycle riders — that was just a generic description. When a woman says “I like bad boys” or “I want a bad boy” or just subconsciously chooses one — perhaps there is some commonality among what the majority of those women want (and vice versa for men seek women).

Old 08-11-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
I think most people may understand that “bad boy” isn’t strictly limited to tattooed motorcycle riders — that was just a generic description. When a woman says “I like bad boys” or “I want a bad boy” or just subconsciously chooses one — perhaps there is some commonality among what the majority of those women want (and vice versa for men seek women).
Exactly.

I think it's hilarious certain people are sidestepping this - they know exactly what is meant by 'bad boy' and 'bad girl'.

I will say that it *does* involve a high amount of laughable insecurity on the 'bad' person's part - trying oh-so-hard to be 'tuff' and what-not. Fakery on a grand scale - and so sad that certain impressionable people fail to see right through it.

Yeah, we all know what it means.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:30 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,832,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
You seem to be saying that women who consciously choose an abusive, sketchy criminal have something in common with other women who choose abusive, sketchy criminals.

Can't argue with that, although it says nothing about women (or men) in general.

So now I'm not at all sure what your OP is arguing or observing, other than the obvious.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:36 PM

Quote:
You seem to be saying that women who consciously choose an abusive, sketchy criminal have something in common with other women who choose abusive, sketchy criminals.

Can't argue with that, although it says nothing about women (or men) in general.

So now I'm not at all sure what your OP is arguing or observing, other than the obvious.
For the Unstable Squad (R), chaos is exciting. Unpredictability is arousing. Abuse induces uncontrollable bodily undulations. All in the name of FUN and EXCITEMENT.

Responsibility? Stability? Dependability? Reliability? Kindness? Tenderness? Being 'clean'? The hell with all that - boooooring. Who wants THAT?

On a personal note, I have told some people that they are not capable of appreciating me - or someone like me - because of their damn 'issues'. And THAT right there is why 'good' people have difficulty in dating - they are outnumbered by those who are 'bad'. The 'bad' don't want the 'good' - and the 'good' definitely need to stay far away from the 'bad'.

Last edited by Euskalherria; 08-11-2022 at 04:44 PM..

Old 08-11-2022, 04:57 PM

306 posts, read 533,134 times
I don't think its badness so much as intensity, which usually becomes something like passion. Its hard to not feel attracted to an intense person especially when they are directing that intensity towards you. Not in a creepy way, no. More like, they are going to write songs and sonnets for you, and take you to the most romantic beach and get down on one knee.

A guy who shows no emotion or is like a stick up the butt kinda guy, a fuddy duddy, is boring just because that can indicate a lack of emotion, lack of passion, or if there is emotion there, there is also an unwillingness to express it and let go. That's a fuddy duddy and sorry but that's not fun for anyone of any gender or orientation.

The problem that arises is, sometimes that intensity and passion can go to an extreme. It can be an unhealthy need for novelty, stimulus, excitement, etc.

But it doesn't have to be. Some people are able to strike a balance with it. You can be sexy and exciting and also be responsible and law abiding.

Most people want that balance. Most people don't want to date a drug dealer or bank robber or abuser or cheater. But most people also don't really want a fuddy duddy who is never interested in trying anything or doing anything and is living an extremely boring life.

It doesn't have to be so extreme in either direction. Most people just want someone that falls in the middle. The best of both worlds. Be sexy and exciting but don't get me killed in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships