Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 11:20 PM

1,655 posts, read 785,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
And nice guys aren’t as nice as they proclaim to be anyway, look at the examples we have here, some very judge-y and critical, some sense of superiority, these things I don’t find attractive. I don’t even know what they look like, so how can it be their outside?
Probably plenty of genuinely nice guys out there that aren’t trying to act tough. Throwing a middle finger at people, calling them names, slamming doors and peeling off on a motorcycle just seems like somebody that’s a little immature. I’ve definitely been immature in my life, acted reckless and hurt women emotionally but it’s not a place I wanted to stay at…I wanted growth as a person….especially approaching middle age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2022, 07:01 AM

1,483 posts, read 693,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Just today I talked to a woman who was recently beat very bad by her “bad boy” husband…thrown through glass, punched, finger smashed in a door. He’s on drugs also and spent half his life in prison yet she took him back over and over and over for years when he would promise to change. She’s a nurse so pretty good job, but as others have mentioned she said she thought she could change him if she loved enough.
Some people simply fail to grow up.

Sad all around.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Probably plenty of genuinely nice guys out there that aren’t trying to act tough. Throwing a middle finger at people, calling them names, slamming doors and peeling off on a motorcycle just seems like somebody that’s a little immature. I’ve definitely been immature in my life, acted reckless and hurt women emotionally but it’s not a place I wanted to stay at…I wanted growth as a person….especially approaching middle age.
Yeah, but - at least here - we are not suppose to 'judge'. Tsk tsk tsk!

The *real* world is certainly different from this place - a guy like that in my world would be regarded as a 'bad news loser' any SMART and GROWN-UP woman would WISELY avoid whereas here he would be coddled and branded as someone who is just a little bit 'misunderstood' - *awww* - and just needs to be given a 'chance' *sniffle* since he, 'deep down', really *is* a sweet pussycat *wipes away a tear*.

What crap. Seriously.

You betcha I am 'judge-y'. People like the 'sweet pussycat' negatively judge and have contempt for me and those like me. I return the favor with no regrets.

Old 08-13-2022, 01:02 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,912,939 times
Troll. Petulant whiny “poor me” bs gets you nowhere. Acting superior and judging because you’ve been judged by others is like slapping a kid and yelling “quit hitting”.

Last edited by RbccL; 08-13-2022 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-13-2022, 01:04 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,855,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Troll.
That actually makes a lot of sense. That much victim signaling and paranoia can't be real.

Old 08-13-2022, 01:14 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,912,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
That actually makes a lot of sense. That much victim signaling and paranoia can't be real.
It’s a performance. Another thread hijacked.

Old 08-13-2022, 01:40 PM

And of course, right on cue, the points made in the post are not addressed - rather, the poster is attacked. So the 'message' is irrelevant, but the poster *is* relevant. Google Halo Effect and Devil Effect for details.

Check the TOS, ladies, there is a bit of text there when it comes to 'personal attacks' and calling posters 'trolls'.

Oh, and also? Trashing 'bad boys' in general is not a 'personal attack' on anyone in particular, so I saved you some trouble.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:16 PM

1,655 posts, read 785,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
And of course, right on cue, the points made in the post are not addressed - rather, the poster is attacked. So the 'message' is irrelevant, but the poster *is* relevant. Google Halo Effect and Devil Effect for details.

Check the TOS, ladies, there is a bit of text there when it comes to 'personal attacks' and calling posters 'trolls'.

Oh, and also? Trashing 'bad boys' in general is not a 'personal attack' on anyone in particular, so I saved you some trouble.
Sort of annoying when people start throwing around the “troll” word because it usually means people are upset enough that a thread is close to being closed by moderators. It’s sorta like hundreds of years ago yelling out “witch!!!” if a woman said something you didn’t like. You would think a topic as innocent as this could be discussed by adults.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Sort of annoying when people start throwing around the “troll” word because it usually means people are upset enough that a thread is close to being closed by moderators. It’s sorta like hundreds of years ago yelling out “witch!!!” if a woman said something you didn’t like. You would think a topic as innocent as this could be discussed by adults.
I agree and I think some very valid and good points have been brought up and have yet to be addressed/discussed.

Old 08-13-2022, 02:58 PM

10,472 posts, read 7,083,253 times
What's funny, is when a younger person wants a "bad boy/girl."

Then, when they have a pistol shoved in their nostril, they come to the realization, that "maybe this wasn't such a good idea..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships