Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2022, 08:17 AM

167 posts, read 147,219 times

Advertisements

My room is right under theirs. It was in the early morning, I hear my stepdad walk in and about 10 seconds later they started doing it. I don't know much about sex or relationships so I figured I ask. My only concern is knowing that they both want to do it. Aren't you suppose to ease into it with foreplay or something?. From what I know, their relationship is good and he doesn't seem like a bad guy. But who knows how people are behind closed doors.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:38 AM

29,749 posts, read 34,415,700 times
This is absolutely none of your business.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:47 AM

6,877 posts, read 4,880,771 times
Maybe it's time you get a job and move out. And don't get any pets.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This is absolutely none of your business.
I know it's not my business. My only worry if you will, is that it's a healthy and consensual thing and no one is pressured or coerced into doing something they don't want to do

Old 11-11-2022, 08:57 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,813,260 times
Is this a real post?

Old 11-11-2022, 09:22 AM

2,979 posts, read 1,651,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yologuy01 View Post
I know it's not my business. My only worry if you will, is that it's a healthy and consensual thing and no one is pressured or coerced into doing something they don't want to do
If this is real, it's absolutely none of your concern.

Your parents are adults they can take care of themselves if there's a problem.

You are intruding into their privacy.

Back off, find healthy pursuits to occupy your thoughts.

How old are you?

Old 11-11-2022, 09:24 AM

2,453 posts, read 1,688,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Maybe it's time you get a job and move out. And don't get any pets.
More than likely ^^THIS^^.

OP how old are you? That really makes a big difference in the appropriate answer.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:30 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,158,656 times
Quote:
My room is right under theirs. It was in the early morning, I hear my stepdad walk in and about 10 seconds later they started doing it. I don't know much about sex or relationships so I figured I ask. My only concern is knowing that they both want to do it. Aren't you suppose to ease into it with foreplay or something?. From what I know, their relationship is good and he doesn't seem like a bad guy. But who knows how people are behind closed doors.
While I understand in general about having concerns about sexual assault, unless there is some evidence, its odd to think that there might be sexual assault without any evidence. How old are you?
What a couple chooses to do in a bedroom is entirely up to them. Unless you see evidence of abuse, I would keep you nose out of their private business. I would also tell both of these adults in your life that you are available to discuss adult topics if they need.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
While I understand in general about having concerns about sexual assault, unless there is some evidence, its odd to think that there might be sexual assault without any evidence. How old are you?
What a couple chooses to do in a bedroom is entirely up to them. Unless you see evidence of abuse, I would keep you nose out of their private business. I would also tell both of these adults in your life that you are available to discuss adult topics if they need.
I'm am adult and by society's standard I should have my own place.

That's derailing the topic though. With your last sentence, are you saying that if there's an issue they would tell me?

Old 11-11-2022, 10:32 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
Quote:
O.P., if I might write this rather frankly and with as little judgement as possible given that you likely have very little first-hand experience with romantic relationships and sex...

It's highly probable that you overheard your folks having consensual relations. Foreplay isn't always a prerequisite when people are in the mood to have intercourse with one another. Sometimes, people are just ready to go....or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships