Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 52yr. old dating 20yr. old. Your opinion?
Yes 34 30.36%
No 55 49.11%
Casual dating is acceptable 14 12.50%
Other 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 06:11 PM

52,457 posts, read 53,021,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Well it's okay if it's not for you. Something about dating someone who's younger than you is get to be a bit of a mentor and that's something some people like. It's a very easy to relate to someone who's younger than you because you've been their age before and you may understand better what they're going through than a lot of people especially people their age. The thing has to go with is what did I get from you. And because my partner is a few years younger than me a Gap that was a problem for some people. He really liked that I was more stable than he was. He really rather needed that because the year before he met me was quite a turbulent year in his life. But he never was a party animal and he didn't want to run around and taste everything and not everybody wants to do that.
Again, whatever works for you.

I don't want to mentor a woman. I want my equal. I want someone with maturity. A 20 ys old 9.9 times out of 10 isn't on par with someone 30 yrs older.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:25 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,263,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Again, whatever works for you.

I don't want to mentor a woman. I want my equal. I want someone with maturity. A 20 ys old 9.9 times out of 10 isn't on par with someone 30 yrs older.
Who says you're not an equal if you're and more of a mentor role? Even if it's someone that's equal in my age I'm going to know more about several things than they do and vice versa.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Who says you're not an equal if you're and more of a mentor role? Even if it's someone that's equal in my age I'm going to know more about several things than they do and vice versa.

I've said my piece, anything more would be beating a dead horse.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:36 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,263,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I've said my piece, anything more would be beating a dead horse.
You've made assumptions judgments about people. I'm correcting you.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
You've made assumptions judgments about people. I'm correcting you.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:00 PM

11,176 posts, read 8,051,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaa View Post
Looks more like a business transaction than anything else. It's natural for people to be attracted to those who are much younger, physically speaking, that is. There are women and men who are attracted to older people, but they tend to be no older than 5 or 10 years than them.

Being 32 years older than his partner kinda gives it away, that this is a monetary-based relationship. Well, I'm sure the young woman has college loans to pay off and rent to take care of, so I can't really blame her.
I dated a guy that was twice my age when I was 25. His issue with dating women close to his age was that the majority that he dated were looking for a ring on their finger and financial security…. Older single women probably have mortgages and car payments to pay off, so I really can’t blame them.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I dated a guy that was twice my age when I was 25. His issue with dating women close to his age was that the majority that he dated were looking for a ring on their finger and financial security…. Older single women probably have mortgages and car payments to pay off, so I really can’t blame them.
If I recall you were always sort of upfront about the whole deal, you and he knew what was up. I think that that is another sort of element to the deal.

As I said 18,000 times people can do what works for them.

52 and 20, while it's not my jam, I guess it can work for some. I've stated my preferences here, but to each their own really, at the end of the day.

Old 09-10-2022, 10:53 PM

1,465 posts, read 748,654 times
What many arent factoring in is the fact that in these weird times, people are in different stages of life in non traditional ages, some people are waiting much longer to start families while others popped out kids right after highschool or earlier so a guy who is just now ready to settle down in his late 30's early 40's or even 50's is going to have better odds dating women in their 20's than women his own age who've already raised their children and don't want or cant have more, or a guy who had his kids at 18 is going to be 36 when they are grown, most of the empty nester women in his area may be in their late 40's early 50's while most of the women his age still have another 10 years or so to go before their kids are out the door..

Both examples of potential couples who are years apart in chronological age but happen to be in the same life stage.

as we no longer live in a world where the majority enters the next stage of life at the same time, some people wait until their early 30's to start a family, while others still start right after highschool/college, so the dating pool is full of people who are years apart but are somehow in the same lifestage.

Old 09-11-2022, 09:12 AM

8,889 posts, read 4,019,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
52yr. old guy dating 20yr. old woman. Your Thoughts???
I’m in my forties, and I can’t see a twenty-year-old as anything but a kid; thirty would be about the youngest woman I personally would date. However, per your question, I would neither care nor give it a second thought relative to anyone I didn’t know i.e. it’s bizarre the thought/effort (or anger) some place on age difference, attractiveness/chemistry, wealth, and/or whether or not a couple ‘should’ date, as evidenced by the numerous threads relative to such.

That said, it’s a bit different if it were someone I knew personally (such as my niece, although she isn’t 20 yet) regarding a ridiculous age difference/imbalance of power i.e. I’d probably speak directly to her about it (and assume her parents would as well).

Old 09-11-2022, 11:07 AM

4,085 posts, read 3,373,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaa View Post
Looks more like a business transaction than anything else. It's natural for people to be attracted to those who are much younger, physically speaking, that is. There are women and men who are attracted to older people, but they tend to be no older than 5 or 10 years than them.

Being 32 years older than his partner kinda gives it away, that this is a monetary-based relationship. Well, I'm sure the young woman has college loans to pay off and rent to take care of, so I can't really blame her.
It is possible that this young woman could be motivated by money, but I don't think it is necessarily true that this young woman is motivated by money either. I wouldn't rule out a young woman just being really naive.

When I was doing online dating, I did hear from this 19 year old woman who worked at goodwill and was going to community college to become a mortician. After she wrote me, we discussed a few things I had mentioned on my profile that she had asked about but it finally came out that she was looking for a power exchange relationship with an older guy that she felt that she could trust to be her dom. Nothing went anywhere between us, because I was looking for someone whose life was just better sorted out. The problem she had was most guys her age didn't have enough life experience to be her dom. This young woman was also just 19 and I don't think had a really good idea of how and where to find a guy who was the best fit for her.

But this wasn't a business transaction for this young woman, she was just kind of clueless without much guile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships