Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 52yr. old dating 20yr. old. Your opinion?
Yes 34 30.36%
No 55 49.11%
Casual dating is acceptable 14 12.50%
Other 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 07:00 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Men don't have a biological clock set to expire.
Women do.

It's more reasonable to expect a 50 yr old man to have children with a 20 yr old woman.
A 50 yr old woman and a 20 yr old man are unlikely to produce progeny.
This may come as a surprise, but many people engage in the sexy-times with 100% NO desire to procreate.

Old 09-13-2022, 07:21 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This may come as a surprise, but many people engage in the sexy-times with 100% NO desire to procreate.
Sinful! Unnatural!

Old 09-13-2022, 07:44 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
I can't even imagine how romance can develop with a 32 yr age gap. I never dated anyone significantly older than me (>10) in my teens and 20s
Same. The 52 year old is in the same age group or older than the parents of the 20 year old.

Despite a 20 year old being a legal adult, I can't imagine what kind of parents, other family, friends wouldn't be seriously concerned for the 20 year old's well-being in this situation.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:38 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Lord. I guess no one bothers with reading comprehension these days. All this talk about procreation, gold digging, romance, relationships...

These are two people who are "casually seeing each other" according to the OP. But she won't come back and clarify the exact nature of the friendship. My guess is because she doesn't really know these people at all and is just gossiping from afar.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:34 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,157,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I remember being in my 20’s and thought guys old enough to be my Father trying to flirt with me were creepy. I’m much older now and could never date a guy young enough to be my Son. GROSS! And besides from that, 50yr. olds typically have much more life experiences than someone 30yr. younger.

One of my friends is casually seeing a woman young enough to be his daughter. I see a man desperately clinging onto his youth. Hence, “Peter Pan” Syndrome. He has a full-time job, but in the low-class range. So, the relationship definitely NOT about $$$.
I suspect the 20 year old and 52 year old do not care what your opinion is. Two consenting adults, why would you care? I am in my 50s and certainly consider women attractive in many age groups from 20 to 60. If they are into me, why would that be a bad thing. FTR, I'm married and not looking, but if someone is, go for it.

Its hard enough to meet someone, why let age be an issue. If both are happy, leave them alone and let them be happy.

Old 09-13-2022, 10:20 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Sure leave them alone but if you are the family of such a couple, especially the parents of the young woman, you have good reason for concern. No I would voice my thoughts if I had a 20 yr old daughter going with a man the age of her dad. And I suspect dad would have something to say as well.

I don't object because someone young enough to be your daughter would be competition (it's not), it is about proper concern for the young lady, and I wouldn't go near one of those guys with a twenty foot pole anyway. Sometimes when these guys fail enough times with young women they decide to settle for women of their own generation. NO THANKYOU.

Old 09-13-2022, 10:40 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
I can't even imagine how romance can develop with a 32 yr age gap. I never dated anyone significantly older than me (>10) in my teens and 20s
I did.
Power is attractive. Access to power is also attractive.
So is a luxury lifestyle.
There were no deeper psychological issues going on.
I didn’t feel the need to turn off the lights.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:24 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,735,718 times
"It's not a dad bod, it's a father figure."

Old 09-13-2022, 11:29 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
I suspect the 20 year old and 52 year old do not care what your opinion is. Two consenting adults, why would you care? I am in my 50s and certainly consider women attractive in many age groups from 20 to 60. If they are into me, why would that be a bad thing. FTR, I'm married and not looking, but if someone is, go for it.

Its hard enough to meet someone, why let age be an issue. If both are happy, leave them alone and let them be happy.
I've posted in this thread that it's not for me, but yeah, if they are into it, have at it, re bolded.

Old 09-13-2022, 03:18 PM

21,952 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaa View Post
Relationships with such a wide age gap are very rarely about having something in common, or having the same goals in life. The older person wants to have sex with someone who is young, healthy, attractive, and fit, and the younger person wants monetary compensation for the services they are providing.

You see that happening a lot with rich, older, powerful men, and much younger women. Tale as old as time. I wouldn't be able to take seriously someone who is much younger than me.

Hmm, I dunno about that. I know of older men who married much younger women from cultures outside of the States, and what was supposed to happen, happened. They left them once they secured the means to stay in the Country permanently, and then they went off with a much younger man. Which is only natural, and I can't blame them for doing what they did.

Don't assume a woman is going to become submissive and meek just because she's Brazilian or Chinese. If a guy has little to no success in the USA, with women, he's not suddenly going to become Brad Pitt just because she's poor wasn't raised in the west.
I think you covered it nicely.

I have the perfect example. My old boss is a billionaire now. I was looking up to see what he is doing these days because he is public. Not much to look at. He married a woman almost 40 years younger than he was who looked like a stripper. And then a few years later, he divorced her. By the spelling of her name, I think is not native born American. I wonder how much she got?

I personally would be embarrassed if I were him. I think you could easily find an attractive younger woman that didn't look like a stripper with that kind of money.

I like the woman Paul McCartney married. He could have picked a bimbo who was after his money but he picked a lovely, elegant woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships