Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 52yr. old dating 20yr. old. Your opinion?
Yes 34 30.36%
No 55 49.11%
Casual dating is acceptable 14 12.50%
Other 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 02:47 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,151,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
Jealous for what? Would you feel the same way if this were your little girl dating the old man?
She's 20, not 13.

Old 09-06-2022, 02:55 PM

1,483 posts, read 684,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
What's there to hate? An old man who is trying to relive his youth by taking advantage of a dumb girl?
Morals matter, saying no when the world says yes, lead by example.

The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. ― Epictetus
Being sarcastic here... since this board is going through a conniption involving people whining about 'hateful' and 'judgemental' people.

Psst... I agree with you.

Old 09-06-2022, 04:06 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
I don't really care. This forum tends to make a BIG deal out of age differences. Sometimes the age differences are hardly significant and it's such a big deal to a few people.

But I must say, this is certainly a pretty HUGE age gap, unlike the 27 year old and 20 year old from a few weeks back or the 42 year old with a 28 year old.

Old 09-06-2022, 05:27 PM

876 posts, read 459,421 times
42 and 28 is nothing they could easily meet in the middle and just plain get along.
And really , well 32yrs def is getting up there for sure , but it does work sometimes. But at 20 , that's just too young even if she's an older sort of matured womanly 20 , she could go and marry her bf more her age and who knows , they're together the rest of their lives. lt use to happen all the time prob still does but 52 and 20 , she know not what she doing,

Old 09-06-2022, 05:28 PM

41 posts, read 21,702 times
Tha's because age gap couples are not all that common or normal. People pair up based on educational background, age, level of physical attractiveness, sex drive, goals, ambitions, and careers. That's the key to have a long, happy marriage. What do people with big age gaps, say 10 years between them have in common?

I have been with men and women who were 10 years younger than me, but I never saw what we had as something more than a summer fling or something to pass the time until I found something better.

Couples like that can work out, sure, it happens, but I very much doubt the 20 year old woman would date a 30 year old guy if he still lived with his parents or with roomates or if he had no job, or if he had a bad job, and I doubt the 30 year old guy would date the 20 year old woman if she wasn't physically attractive, so you start thinking about it yourself, and you wonder why someone who is over half a century wants with someone who could be his biological daughter, and you scratch your head wondering how financially desperate this young woman must be to reject the men her own age, for a guy who is only 13 years away from retirement.

I mean, I remember being 25 years old and being rejected by a 18 year old. At first I thought it was because maybe she saw me as being too old for her, but turns out she was getting along with a 60 year old Danny Devito look-alike who happened to have about 3 hands full of millions of dollars in the bank, according to the bank statement she showed me?

..how was I supposed to win against that?

That's probably the same scenario for that 20 year old woman and the guys her own age that want to go out with her, but can't compete with the fifty-two years old, economical power.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:36 PM

6,866 posts, read 4,863,645 times
I bought my first house when I was 21. I was 28 when I met my 53 yr old DH, dumped a 34 yr old BF for him a few weeks later. Married him when I was 33. Totally didn't need him financially. He was smart, interesting, handsome, ever so charming, and worshipped the ground I walked on. Also self sufficient and didn't need mothering.

One shouldn't jump to conclusions about people. And yes, 28 is more mature than 20 when it comes to knowing what one wants in a relationship. I can certainly understand a 20 year old woman finding men close to her in age as silly and boring, tho. I know I did, although some of my BFs were nice arm candy. Thing is, at a certain point some of us want more than hot looking.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:06 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,097,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I remember being in my 20’s and thought guys old enough to be my Father trying to flirt with me were creepy. I’m much older now and could never date a guy young enough to be my Son. GROSS! And besides from that, 50yr. olds typically have much more life experiences than someone 30yr. younger.

One of my friends is casually seeing a woman young enough to be his daughter. I see a man desperately clinging onto his youth. Hence, “Peter Pan” Syndrome. He has a full-time job, but in the low-class range. So, the relationship definitely NOT about $$$.
You see a “man desperately clinging to his youth”, but he sees 20 year old **** and a tight body… gee, which side would I rather be on

Old 09-06-2022, 11:36 PM

876 posts, read 459,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I bought my first house when I was 21. I was 28 when I met my 53 yr old DH, dumped a 34 yr old BF for him a few weeks later. Married him when I was 33. Totally didn't need him financially. He was smart, interesting, handsome, ever so charming, and worshipped the ground I walked on. Also self sufficient and didn't need mothering.

One shouldn't jump to conclusions about people. And yes, 28 is more mature than 20 when it comes to knowing what one wants in a relationship. I can certainly understand a 20 year old woman finding men close to her in age as silly and boring, tho. I know I did, although some of my BFs were nice arm candy. Thing is, at a certain point some of us want more than hot looking.

Thanks for that and yeah l agree and l do see that side in some younger women. My daughters 20 and such a beautiful deep old soul too actually, she could easily suit someone much older, sometimes ex and l both think that's what she actually needs. Admittedly though l'd hope he wasn't that much older at not even 21 yet though if it did go that way.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:00 AM

2,972 posts, read 1,644,194 times
As long as both are over the age of consent it's fine. I don't go around disapproving of other couples.

When I was 29 I dated a man who was 41.

He was very "youthful."

We had fun.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:35 AM

2,042 posts, read 855,366 times
Ask that’s good old Leo, Leonardo DiCaprio. No Matter how old that guy gets he will not date a woman over the age of 25. Once they get or reach the age of 25 he dumps them. There’s been six now. Start stating them around 19 to 22 and the minute they reach 25, he moves on to the next. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships