Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 04:58 PM

7,036 posts, read 5,036,223 times

Advertisements

Assume he's not going to call. Then if he does it's a pleasant surprise. Meantime, find some other prospects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 04:58 PM

1,555 posts, read 800,777 times
44 here. What exactly are you looking for? Relationship? Or whatever it is be direct. Stop playing games including body language. Respect your time.

Old 10-31-2022, 05:13 PM

893 posts, read 487,211 times
3 day rule eh , my God, so we're on a stop watch these days hey.
So when you posted this it must've been what 24hrs or something, Jezuz, settle down.
And now if he doesn't call you in 2 seconds he's playing games and he'll be blocked-so he's not allowed to have a life or be busy or have some important stuff on or just want to wait for the right time first.
Some people, heaven forbid , just supposing you were really really important to him , might just want all the crap out of the way first, bc this is a really special so he wants to choose a good time.
We could even be trying to choose a good time for her too like , l don't wanna catch her out somewhere or in the middle of tea, l wonder when she'll just be relaxing - maybe l should call her then- or wait until this, or that, or nerves.

Just sayin, anything could be reasons you don't hear if she's important so to have some ridiculous rule and be jumping up and down after one day, Jezuz.
Buttttt , of course he could be just fulla shyt too he did lay it on pretty thick and the prettiest girl there , you must be really something, or else there were only 3 others there.
Sooooo, who knows, maybe you were maybe he was, he did stick with you all night. A player might of rushed you off to a dark corner and tried it on , or start chasing others, dk, but he at least didn't do that.
At any rate , just sayin, at least give it some time first before lighting the damn cannon fuse.

Old 11-01-2022, 08:19 AM
Status: "Peace sells...but who's buying?" (set 19 days ago)

8,214 posts, read 3,672,933 times
There may be no 3 day rule but there's no 1 day or 2 day rule either. How about if he contacts you, hear what he has to say and take it from there?

Old 11-01-2022, 08:21 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,837,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomx View Post
3 day rule eh , my God, so we're on a stop watch these days hey.
So when you posted this it must've been what 24hrs or something, Jezuz, settle down.
And now if he doesn't call you in 2 seconds he's playing games and he'll be blocked-so he's not allowed to have a life or be busy or have some important stuff on or just want to wait for the right time first.
Some people, heaven forbid , just supposing you were really really important to him , might just want all the crap out of the way first, bc this is a really special so he wants to choose a good time.
We could even be trying to choose a good time for her too like , l don't wanna catch her out somewhere or in the middle of tea, l wonder when she'll just be relaxing - maybe l should call her then- or wait until this, or that, or nerves.

Just sayin, anything could be reasons you don't hear if she's important so to have some ridiculous rule and be jumping up and down after one day, Jezuz.
Buttttt , of course he could be just fulla shyt too he did lay it on pretty thick and the prettiest girl there , you must be really something, or else there were only 3 others there.
Sooooo, who knows, maybe you were maybe he was, he did stick with you all night. A player might of rushed you off to a dark corner and tried it on , or start chasing others, dk, but he at least didn't do that.
At any rate , just sayin, at least give it some time first before lighting the damn cannon fuse.
I just want to say, I think plenty of girls hear this one (it's not the first time I heard that line from someone) and all I take it to mean is out of everyone there the person is most attracted to me, so I don't think it's a creepy thing to say or laying it on thick. Out of everyone at the venue I was most attracted to him, and he was not the best looking guy there so I don't by any means believe I was the prettiest girl there out of 200 people.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:12 AM

2,219 posts, read 1,125,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
For the past several years I've just been meeting men through dating apps. I'm 40 years old so that coupled with the past few years of the pandemic and being in a relationship prior to that plus I don't really go out to clubs and bars so that sort of limits me meeting men in person (the old fashion way). My only social activity is salsa dancing and while I do get hit on quite a bit when I go, I'm just not interested in most of the men at these events since most of them are either too young for me or quite a bit older than me.

This past weekend I ended up going to a Singles Halloween party with a girlfriend of mine. It was an organized event and we decided to give it a try. I hit it off with one of the organizers (not knowing he was an organizer when he first started talking to me), and so we ended up hanging out together the whole time. He seemed super into me, kept telling me how I was the most beautiful girl there and all that good stuff. We never actually kissed, but he did keep putting his arm around me and kissing my forehead or kissing me on the cheek (although at this point he had a few drinks in him). He asked to exchange numbers and so we did, when I was ready to leave I got my coat and went to say goodbye him, he hugged me, gave me a kiss on the cheek and said "God, you're so pretty" and then said "ok, so we're gonna do this right, we're gonna go out on a date?" and I said yes, we hugged again and I left. Now the guy is 46 years old, so I expected to hear from him yesterday since he acted really interested but I haven't heard from him. I know there's that old 3 day rule, but I don't really know if people even follow that anymore. In the past when a guy is really interested I typically hear from them the next day. I am also aware that this guy is an organizer for single's events and I'm pretty sure he's good at telling women what they want to hear and schmoozing them, so that's not lost on me either (so very possible this was a game to him), although I didn't see him talking to any other girls there. I've just been out of the meeting people in person dating game for so long that I don't know how it works anymore lol. So was just wondering is it unreasonable to have expected him to text me yesterday? Or should I give it the 3 days (I know passed that I'll lose interest)?
I think you shouldn't put a time limit on anything and just go about your life. If he contacts you for a date, that's great, if he doesn't, no harm done. He was drinking, he was respectful of you and at least halfheartedly he was interested in a date at the time, however, the next day may have been different for a lot of reasons that you have no knowledge of. Just because he doesn't call or text doesn't change your life one bit. You are still you and you still have your life and although you may be a little disappointed, you shouldn't stress over this. After all, it's his loss, right? Hold your head up high and go to those dance lessons! Do the things you like and don't worry about him. If it's right, you will feel it and you will know. This was just a bump in the road. Carry on.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:41 AM

20,779 posts, read 20,117,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I just want to say, I think plenty of girls hear this one (it's not the first time I heard that line from someone) and all I take it to mean is out of everyone there the person is most attracted to me, so I don't think it's a creepy thing to say or laying it on thick. Out of everyone at the venue I was most attracted to him, and he was not the best looking guy there so I don't by any means believe I was the prettiest girl there out of 200 people.
This ^^

not creepy or weird at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships