Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 04:20 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times

Advertisements

Good lord! Does it really matter that much to y’all if the guy is lying about being with someone else? The message is still the same either way, he’s no longer interested in you and you are best served leaving him alone. Block him if you feel inclined to never talk to him again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2022, 09:20 AM

4,033 posts, read 3,311,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
If it weren't for bad luck with dating I'd have no luck at all...

the last guy I went out with ghosted me after making very specific plans, the guy before that turned out to have herpes....that sums up 2022 for me...I'm going to be alone forever.
That does sound frustrating.

The bigger picture problem is that you aren't having enough guys to select from. so you feel pressure to settle for a guy that is just not making the effort.

Part of me thinks switching to another dating site might bring in some fresh faces to your life, but you might also have done that. You seem plenty active, varying activities might help, but again you might have done that too. Fayetteville just isn't that big of a community so your dating pool just might not be that thick and there really isn't a good solution to that other than moving.

Old 11-06-2022, 07:08 PM

6,880 posts, read 4,880,771 times
I would like to know....did the weekend sushi date happen?

Old 11-06-2022, 07:57 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
Rule of thumb: If a guy is interested, he will be on you like white on rice. He will definitely call you, he will want a date with you and would not ever ghost you or stand you up. This guy did ghost you, he was disrespectful when he did not call when he said he would. You should not have contacted him, he just doesn't want to hurt your feelings, but not mature enough to explain to you that he isn't really interested. With that being said, it is not likely that "sushi" is going to happen, and I would not sit around wondering and pass up other opportunities since he's already ghosted you once. He made this "sushi date" with you to tie you over for a few days. He is not someone that you want to get involved with. I would move on and not answer any calls or texts at all, especially since you are not all "googoo" about him, not "needy" but your actions say that you are, and you are wreaking of desperation whether you know it or not. Asking him "where'd you go" sent a clear message to his little pea brain that you were just waiting around for his call. Learn from each life lesson, and this is one of them.
I'm a man and this is correct.

Old 11-07-2022, 02:03 PM

595 posts, read 265,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Men like that are cowards. They string you along instead of cutting things off like a decent person would. At least ghost the person, don't tell them you're going to call, don't make plans with them. Only cowards and sadists do that. My ex was both. Made plans for an actual trip together knowing he was never going to go.
Then lied about the whole thing.

The truth is fine, just say I'm not into this and we both move on. What's with all the lies and drama and stringing and confusing people....??? And then lying about the lies. They must enjoy it as a kind of drama or like to make people confused and see that as power or something.
Lots of reasons:

1. They might not find anyone else and they want to keep you around in case they don't.

2. If there is even a .00001% chance they might get some sex out of you, they'll put the effort into keeping you on the back-burner.

3. It strokes the ego to think all of these women are interested in them.

Not all guys are like that, of course. But I've met my share who are. It cracks me up because they'll still crawl out of the woodwork years later. Like, how do they even still have my contant information? Even better is when they still reach out in other ways after you change your phone number. Some guys even went to my LinkedIn. So inappropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships