Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2022, 05:49 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why do you want a boyfriend if you don’t want sex?

Isn’t the whole point of a relationship to eventually have children?
Uh, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 06:18 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
No one says asexuals don't like affection. Like they can't have any physical contact with someone they care about unless it leads to sex?

I think there are plenty of asexuals who haven't "come out" yet. Modern society is ok with every other type of sexuality but not quite ready for that one.
No one has said asexuals don't like affection, but expecting affection and cuddling from a boyfriend without sex, she needs to make sure the other person is an asexual (or just done with sex for some reason) and not just someone that has said they didn't want sex with the hopes that would change.

This still really depends a lot on the age of the OP, of which we aren't really sure, and if she is older, those that are younger may just not really understand why she doesn't want sex anymore. But still, if she wants the cuddling, she needs to make darn sure the male understands what will amount to the "rules".

I would think finding a group of single individuals in her age group, she could casually sort through them. I see no reason to bring up immediately that she isn't interested in sex though. If it were me, I would get to know someone a little better before springing that on them, but I am older. I think she can send signals that she isn't looking for a sex partner.

I don't think she is asexual, as I think she is just done with sex, which is not the same thing. I am sure there are some men who are also done with sex, and not asexual. I known a lot of people over decades, and known them well enough to make this call.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:38 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,224,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What makes you think asexual people don't have friends/roommates, dogs?
They want relationships like anyone else. If you don't think they should have that just say so, don't trivialize it by telling them to get a friend when they already have friends. People used to say such things to gay people.
They don't want a relationship just like everyone else that's the point. If they did this thread wouldn't exist.

The person who started this thread once a boyfriend that doesn't have sex with them. That's very unlike everyone else.

Last edited by Hankrigby; 11-10-2022 at 06:55 PM..

Old 11-11-2022, 07:06 AM

27,570 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No one has said asexuals don't like affection, but expecting affection and cuddling from a boyfriend without sex, she needs to make sure the other person is an asexual (or just done with sex for some reason) and not just someone that has said they didn't want sex with the hopes that would change.
Yes, it is unusual for someone to want a romantic relationship and not have sex ever. That is certainly not the norm and nobody should think it is.

Any man would freak out if a woman told him that, unless he was equally asexual.

Old 11-11-2022, 07:08 AM

11,067 posts, read 6,887,781 times
It's more common that you think. It's a private matter, and most people don't want to share such personal information, or admit that they aren't having sex in their relationship, and especially marriage.

Are you aware of the many articles in the past about young couples who are busy with babies, toddlers, homes, yards, cars, jobs, etc. etc.? How sex falls by the wayside? How about seniors who aren't as active anymore, or not active at all?

I remember when I was a new mother with a baby and a toddler. I was sitting in a park with several other mothers. It was a "moment" when all of us admitted to each other that sex had gone out the window for the time being.

That is not to say that we never returned to having sex. Sexual activity ebbs and flows with most people. And some people just aren't into it. Just because you can't imagine that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:48 AM

3,208 posts, read 1,673,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yes, it is unusual for someone to want a romantic relationship and not have sex ever. That is certainly not the norm and nobody should think it is.

Any man would freak out if a woman told him that, unless he was equally asexual.
Well, many men who can't have some type of issue or anxiety being with a woman in person. I was talking to a woman b4 and her prior man barely touch her or they only have sex maybe once every 2-3 months and she initiates. He's a good guy but he has some type of anxiety. Nothing wrong with his sex organ just can't perform. He's somewhat ashamed or uncomfortable but she is the one that wants sex more.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:43 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do not want sex
I must applaud you.

You have learned a lot about yourself, how you work and what you want in life.

I married a girl that is asexual, our marriage has been a long series of arguments and struggles. We have only ever argued about one topic though.

It took me 30 years to finally understand. It was not my error, I did nothing wrong. I fact that I have never been able to please my Dw, had nothing to do with me. If I had known this when we were dating, I might not have married her. But if I had chosen to marry her, our marriage would have been a lot different.

I would not have been expecting my Dw to allow intimacy with me.

We have been great business partners.

What should you do next? I have no idea, sorry.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:48 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
It's more common that you think. It's a private matter, and most people don't want to share such personal information, or admit that they aren't having sex in their relationship, and especially marriage.

Are you aware of the many articles in the past about young couples who are busy with babies, toddlers, homes, yards, cars, jobs, etc. etc.? How sex falls by the wayside? How about seniors who aren't as active anymore, or not active at all?

I remember when I was a new mother with a baby and a toddler. I was sitting in a park with several other mothers. It was a "moment" when all of us admitted to each other that sex had gone out the window for the time being.

That is not to say that we never returned to having sex. Sexual activity ebbs and flows with most people. And some people just aren't into it. Just because you can't imagine that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
And I remember hearing from all my male friends that they are sexually frustrated because their partners don't want sex anymore since they married or had children.

I used to be around many men at work and in my free time. I heard all the man talk.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:14 AM

11,483 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Well, many men who can't have some type of issue or anxiety being with a woman in person. I was talking to a woman b4 and her prior man barely touch her or they only have sex maybe once every 2-3 months and she initiates. He's a good guy but he has some type of anxiety. Nothing wrong with his sex organ just can't perform. He's somewhat ashamed or uncomfortable but she is the one that wants sex more.
What is her phone number?

Old 11-11-2022, 10:17 AM

11,067 posts, read 6,887,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
And I remember hearing from all my male friends that they are sexually frustrated because their partners don't want sex anymore since they married or had children.

I used to be around many men at work and in my free time. I heard all the man talk.
Yeah, and some men don't want sex anymore. In the case of my marriage it was a combination of his stress, his depression, him not liking my interests and him not being in love - ever. How did I end up married to him? Interesting question. I've covered that in other threads and posts unrelated to this topic.

it isn't always just the women who lose interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships