Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2022, 12:08 PM

11,428 posts, read 24,563,072 times

Advertisements

Put this info on your dating profile. There are plenty of men with ED who might appreciate the company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 12:40 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,117,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
OP is this something you've come to realize recently, or has it been the case for quite a while or actually your entire life?
What I am reading in between the lines - I may be completely wrong - is that OP has a libido but just never met a man whom she had fun with in bed. She tried it with different men. She got tired of trying to find that unicorn who is more creative. Then tried again with men who said they are different - still no success.

So instead of faking it or continuing to fake it or looking for the 1%, she is now giving up hope.

Old 11-15-2022, 02:02 PM

20,494 posts, read 14,861,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What I am reading in between the lines - I may be completely wrong - is that OP has a libido but just never met a man whom she had fun with in bed. She tried it with different men. She got tired of trying to find that unicorn who is more creative. Then tried again with men who said they are different - still no success.

So instead of faking it or continuing to fake it or looking for the 1%, she is now giving up hope.
I also detected notes of unhappiness due to men she was with behaving badly, perhaps cheating, that sort of thing. The impression I have is that she feels she is giving and getting nothing back.

Or at least...she's been getting nothing that she wants, anyhow.

Old 11-15-2022, 03:21 PM

893 posts, read 487,211 times
Yeah but thing is it doesn't really matter she no doubt knows whatever she feels and well aware too right person that could change if there were reasons , orrrr maybe not. Maybe that's nothing to do with things but she'd know that too.

There's plenty of people around too with just plain low drive you even see that in posts all the time with a lot of people too and yeah known guys like that. Everyone's different but if to them it ain't broke no need to bother trying to fix it then is there it's just a matter of like in everything else, finding your match.
You often even see stuff of women complaining she thinks he prefers to be off pleasing himself well, op does too in this case sooo. lf she finds herself one of those all will be well with the world right, and whatever they prefer is their business.
l could go into all kinds of detail even RL examples that yeah l know of buttt, not one to splatter that stuff all over the internet either though so l'd just say that yeah , l'd think it'd be very doable for some. lt always amazes me that with forums these days you see it all right there anyway even if you don't in RL, so why any surprise. As l said earlier and others have too for whatever it's worth, if you use date sites for example anyway op maybe even just discretely add in whatever your looking for on your page.Yeah that'll rule out most but not all and it'd have to come out later anyway sooo- may as well not waste time.

Last edited by randomx; 11-15-2022 at 03:51 PM..

Old 11-15-2022, 03:47 PM

11,099 posts, read 7,070,069 times
I don't think someone who pleasures themselves - even occasionally - is asexual. I thought an asexual person was someone who eschews sex altogether. No desire, no activity.

Old 11-15-2022, 04:00 PM

20,494 posts, read 14,861,571 times
Quote:
I don't think someone who pleasures themselves - even occasionally - is asexual. I thought an asexual person was someone who eschews sex altogether. No desire, no activity.
There might be some other term for it like "autosexual" or something if one really wanted to get super specific but most people wouldn't bother. It would be a kind of asexuality, implying no sexual attraction to other people.

But one must specify that they still were "romantic." Just saying that you are asexual usually leads people to think that you also have no need or want for romantic relationships either. Which technically is "aromantic"...leading to one of the funnier auto-corrects or typos when I've seen people accidentally refer to themselves as "aromatic."

Gotta be careful about these things!

Old 11-15-2022, 04:08 PM

8,925 posts, read 7,773,783 times
Quote:
Some asexuals do still engage in physical pleasure because they still have a sex drive. Libido (the body's physical craving for sexual release) and sexual attraction (being sexually curious and wanting to sleep with someone in particular) are not the same thing. So they may self pleasure in order to relieve their bodies of the tension rather than seek someone out. Asexuls can still enjoy sex without the sexual attraction. People who are asexual can either be sex adverse, sex neutral/indifferent, or sex favorable.

Old 11-15-2022, 05:39 PM

4,655 posts, read 1,827,521 times
Quote:
Not true. This from an asexuality site:

Quote:
"An asexual person does not experience sexual attraction – they are not drawn to people sexually and do not desire to act upon attraction to others in a sexual way."

"Many asexual people may experience forms of attraction that can be romantic, aesthetic, or sensual in nature but do not lead to a need to act out on that attraction sexually. Instead, we may get fulfillment from relationships without sex, but based on other types of attraction."

"For some asexual people, arousal (sometimes interchanged with “libido” in asexual dialogue) is a fairly regular occurrence, though it is not associated with a desire to find a sexual partner or partners."

"Some may occasionally masturbate, but feel no desire for partnered sex. Other asexual people may experience little or no arousal, often called*non-libidoist*asexuals. Both types are equally valid in identifying as asexual, as sexual orientation is about attraction and desire towards other people, rather than strictly physiological reactions."
https://www.asexuality.org/?q=overview.html (About a 1.5-2 minute read)

Old 11-15-2022, 11:31 PM

893 posts, read 487,211 times
Quote:

Yeah maybe , no idea.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:54 AM

9,025 posts, read 13,909,567 times
Yeah I may see many attractive men,but it is not " oh wow,I must have him on top of me NOW" type of thing.
I feel nothing when seeing an attractive man. It is like,"Oh he is cute" and then I go about my business.

This has been like this all of my life.

Now I will say this.....If a man is being extremely romantic,i MAY give in eventually. It wont be because I am sexually attracted to him,but rather because it raises my libido
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships