Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 07:36 PM

4,644 posts, read 1,818,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
I would say it's absent an orientation. Orientation refers to your position related to others sexual orientation would mean you are sexual position related to others and if you don't have that then that can't relate to others and therefore no orientation.

It is the absence of an orientation because it's not oriented to anything I would call it sexual disorientation. Asexual means without sexual orientation.

As far as public approval goes they've never been disapproved of. It's been normal dating back centuries possibly even millennia for some people not to take a mate. They've never had to worry about rights or being arrested because it's always okay to be celibate and single. Some people are even revered for it.

It isn't like being gay or lesbian or trans because there's not everybody telling you it's wrong generally nobody cares. There's no revolution to happen here.

It's only really recent that people have started sneering at these people calling them spinsters as though that's bad or incels. And I mean in the passed 30 or so years.
As to what's bolded, actually you're wrong. Asexuals HAVE been disapproved of, SO MUCH SO, that New York has included asexuals as a 'protected clatlss.' There have been things such as 'corrective rapes', whereas, someone will rape someone who claims to asexual, because they believe that IF the asexual has sex, the asexual will 'change their mind'.

If one is sexual, one can't "will" themselves into feeing sexual about a certain person. And asexual can't "will" themselves into feeling sexual about ANYONE. But too many people feel like,"Its SEX, my GOD! EVERYONE likes sex!"

Ummm... no. Sex to an asexual is like...chocolate. Even though MANY people like chocolate, not EVERYONE does.

Plus, we have the whole "biological" thing. Most people think that the desire for sex is biological. But what if it's not? Man oh man, that would mean that a WHOLE lot of people would have to give up the tightly held idea that sex is as 'natural' as eating...and they're not willing to even CONSIDER that it may not be true.

It's been recognized by some social scientists that asexuality has existed for as long as man has been on this planet.

Yup, a whole bunch of people want to call people, who don't want sex, names like "spinster", or even worse. And yet, WHY is it a 'bad' thing to NOT want sex?

Seems like the people who ARE asexual have a lot less worries than those who ARE sexual.

Why is that a 'bad' thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2022, 08:19 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,256,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
As to what's bolded, actually you're wrong. Asexuals HAVE been disapproved of, SO MUCH SO, that New York has included asexuals as a 'protected clatlss.' There have been things such as 'corrective rapes', whereas, someone will rape someone who claims to asexual, because they believe that IF the asexual has sex, the asexual will 'change their mind'.
Anybody can be raped it isn't exclusive to asexuals. It's not okay no matter who it happens to.

Everybody should be free from rape I don't know about special targeting for asexuals.

What did NY have to protect them from? Who's not hiring or denying housing to sexual people because of their lack of sexuality
Quote:
If one is sexual, one can't "will" themselves into feeing sexual about a certain person. And asexual can't "will" themselves into feeling sexual about ANYONE. But too many people feel like,"Its SEX, my GOD! EVERYONE likes sex!"
They don't have to. That's never been a problem
Quote:
Ummm... no. Sex to an asexual is like...chocolate. Even though MANY people like chocolate, not EVERYONE does.
I know what an asexual is .
Quote:
Plus, we have the whole "biological" thing. Most people think that the desire for sex is biological. But what if it's not? Man oh man, that would mean that a WHOLE lot of people would have to give up the tightly held idea that sex is as 'natural' as eating...and they're not willing to even CONSIDER that it may not be true.
Sex is biological that's how we reproduce. Not everybody has to do it. I don't have reproductive sex and I never will. It's not just okay it's likely beneficial if some of us don't reproduce.
Quote:
It's been recognized by some social scientists that asexuality has existed for as long as man has been on this planet.
Well the identity just came into being also it's just a label people call themselves so it's a recent linguistic inventing But yeah people who don't have sex have existed likely since the species began. It's not even unique to humans.
Quote:
Yup, a whole bunch of people want to call people, who don't want sex, names like "spinster", or even worse. And yet, WHY is it a 'bad' thing to NOT want sex?
Incel is a particularly hateful word to call men who don't have sex. I don't understand why people hate men that don't have sex so much. So it's strange to me too
Quote:
Seems like the people who ARE asexual have a lot less worries than those who ARE sexual.

it isn't, parts of history and even places today such people can even be looked up to

Old 11-17-2022, 12:32 AM

9,022 posts, read 13,898,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Or a timberline, who while not an ugly man, I would not in a million years describe using either of those names.

I have seen his photos. He's just a normal lookin' dude. But he is intelligent and knows how to hold an in person conversation, he lives life in the real world despite his presence here on this forum, which is obvious from what I saw of him.

Ya don't have to be "Chad" or "Tyrone." But dudes could maybe try just...not bein' a scrub.

But anyways.

We digress.

OP I am still curious what else you are hoping to find in a partner besides cuddles, fidelity, and no sex.

Do you hope to cohabitate or marry? Do you want them to help raise your kids or are your kids raised? Financial partnership? Good company? Like what does your ideal relationship look like? And what, other than snuggles and no sex, do you have to offer him?

Marry. My kids are raised. The youngest is 13.

My ideal relationship hmmm.
I do not know that. But I guess a man that caters to me and is wildly romantic. I do not care about appearance at all,but i do not fancy very skinny men..My preferred age ranges are 40-70. I just want a man to be hygienic,as in clean house and body. I do not require a man be very intelligent,but of average intelligence. I want us to me equal in income,or he make slightly more. No felonies,unless he it was a one time offense when young(and NO sexual felonies)

What do I have to offer a man? Good meals,good conversation and company, good emotional support,I am not sure what else I have to offer.

Old 11-17-2022, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
What about intimacy without vaginal sex?
I have not thought about that. Maybe

Old 11-17-2022, 12:35 AM

1,555 posts, read 796,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Or a timberline, who while not an ugly man, I would not in a million years describe using either of those names.

I have seen his photos. He's just a normal lookin' dude. But he is intelligent and knows how to hold an in person conversation, he lives life in the real world despite his presence here on this forum, which is obvious from what I saw of him.

Ya don't have to be "Chad" or "Tyrone." But dudes could maybe try just...not bein' a scrub.

But anyways.

We digress.

OP I am still curious what else you are hoping to find in a partner besides cuddles, fidelity, and no sex.

Do you hope to cohabitate or marry? Do you want them to help raise your kids or are your kids raised? Financial partnership? Good company? Like what does your ideal relationship look like? And what, other than snuggles and no sex, do you have to offer him?
Pretty sure he looks good.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:13 AM

19,824 posts, read 12,375,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post

Some people seem actually offended by the idea of asexuality, that's why the snark and some hostility toward the OPs question.

Bill Mahar once said something like the only true dysfunctional type of sexuality is asexuality.

I don't understand why it would bother anyone unless they feel threatened in some way.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:49 AM

3,410 posts, read 1,802,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Some people seem actually offended by the idea of asexuality, that's why the snark and some hostility toward the OPs question.

Bill Mahar once said something like the only true dysfunctional type of sexuality is asexuality.

I don't understand why it would bother anyone unless they feel threatened in some way.
Because someone who is asexual typically lacks compassion and empathy. Someone who could be sheltered, experience severe anxiety, and just not socially healthy. If you have no sexual desires at all, there could be some mental and physical issues because humans are born to reproduce and sexual desires is mating call. Plain and simple.

Old 11-17-2022, 06:55 AM

11,097 posts, read 7,037,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Incel is a particularly hateful word to call men who don't have sex. I don't understand why people hate men that don't have sex so much.
People don't "hate" incels because they don't have sex. they are put off by incels because of the way a lot of them think and behave. A lot of them are people who need psychological help. It has nothing to do with their sex activity or lack thereof.
"Where does the word incel come from?
The term incel first became well-known following Elliot Rodger's 2014 spree killing in Isla Vista, California. Before carrying out his attack, Rodger left a video and a manifesto-type autobiographical account detailing his 'involuntary celibacy'."

Old 11-17-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Because someone who is asexual typically lacks compassion and empathy. Someone who could be sheltered, experience severe anxiety, and just not socially healthy. If you have no sexual desires at all, there could be some mental and physical issues because humans are born to reproduce and sexual desires is mating call. Plain and simple.
Someone who does not desire sex lacks empathy and compassion?

How so? Do explain please, I’m very interested in the response

Old 11-17-2022, 07:10 AM

19,824 posts, read 12,375,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Your assessment is wrong. It is you who is lacking in compassion and empathy if this is how you see it and you may want to do some real self-examination as to why you are threatened by someone else's sexuality such that you have to strike out at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships