Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 08:43 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,757,431 times

Advertisements

Without sex, its just friendship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 08:51 AM

3,644 posts, read 1,599,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Without sex, its just friendship.
Most friends don't cuddle.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:52 AM

631 posts, read 399,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Why don't you want sex? I find that strange. I don't think you're going to find a boyfriend if you're not willing to give it up at some point..
It's actually not strange at all. There are lots of men out there that have no desire for sex. I was married to one, who was otherwise loving and affectionate, but that was as far as he could go. He was asexual. My best friend's husband had prostate cancer and couldn't have sex after treatment.

There must be loads of men who, for whatever reason, can't or don't want sex. It's not at all unusual.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:55 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,808,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceira View Post
It's actually not strange at all. There are lots of men out there that have no desire for sex. I was married to one, who was otherwise loving and affectionate, but that was as far as he could go. He was asexual. My best friend's husband had prostate cancer and couldn't have sex after treatment.

There must be loads of men who, for whatever reason, can't or don't want sex. It's not at all unusual.
I agree I don't think it's all that strange or uncommon, I think it's just not really talked about. A friend of mine is married and hates sex, always has. She said for her it's uncomfortable and hurts, she even saw a doctor about it who said it was because she had too many nerve endings down there, so she had surgery to fix that and still does not enjoy sex. She does have sex with her husband though but I guess it's purely for his enjoyment not hers, which is sad.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:59 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,218,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Humans are wired to desire sex, can we agree on that? While nothing is "wrong" there is something certainly abnormal about having zero desire for sex as long as there are no physical issues (hormonal, etc.) that are causing it. Let's stop with the PC police posts for a day, can we?

"Most" humans are wired to desire sex, but not all...

Old 11-10-2022, 09:02 AM

6,340 posts, read 2,893,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I agree I don't think it's all that strange or uncommon, I think it's just not really talked about. A friend of mine is married and hates sex, always has. She said for her it's uncomfortable and hurts, she even saw a doctor about it who said it was because she had too many nerve endings down there, so she had surgery to fix that and still does not enjoy sex. She does have sex with her husband though but I guess it's purely for his enjoyment not hers, which is sad.
Asexuality is much more common in women than men. 86% female - 14% male. 1% of the total population. Than means 3 million asexuals in the US. 420,000 male.

Old 11-10-2022, 09:20 AM

841 posts, read 553,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Why do you want a boyfriend if you don’t want sex?

Isn’t the whole point of a relationship to eventually have children?
What? I've never wanted kids and I've had very few moments where I wasn't in a relationship over the last 25+ years.

Old 11-10-2022, 09:23 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,403,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceira View Post

Wow, I had no idea.. I could understand if you have had some physical illness, but I just don't get it otherwise. I thought most men thought about sex a thousand times a day until they're like 70...lol

Old 11-10-2022, 09:26 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Most couples I know who don’t have children wanted to have children but unfortunately were unsuccessful because of fertility issues.
uhm, no. Almost none of my friends have children because they never wanted any. Including me. Dream on

Old 11-10-2022, 09:28 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What is the best way to go about this?

Everytime I meet a man,when i tell them I am not into sex,they either tell me about how they are different,and to give them a try,or they ghost.

Are there men out there open to a relationship with no sex?
Where can I find such men?
I would put it into my profile. Otherwise you are wasting other people's time.

Are you okay with them having sex with someone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships