Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2022, 05:43 AM

8,517 posts, read 3,786,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Cuddling, spending time together, etc?
I'm all for that. Nothing wrong with that at all. But to cuddle with a woman with no payoff is just torture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2022, 06:48 AM

22,130 posts, read 13,287,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm all for that. Nothing wrong with that at all. But to cuddle with a woman with no payoff is just torture.
It's not that men don't need or want the trappings of sex and just want sex itself.

When men have sex, they also get "cuddling" and "companionship"; it's part of the package.

Getting cuddling and companionship without it is the trick some are trying to pull!

Old 12-06-2022, 07:54 AM

841 posts, read 560,146 times
You'd be happy in my situation, lol. My bf (him 37, me 43) is much more into the cuddling part than sex. He says he always has been. We do still have sex, mostly initiated by me, but it's a very small part of our relationship.

We kiss (simple peck on the lips) each other hello after we get home from work. We watch tv in the evenings and on the weekends together. We always sit touching, normally holding hands, or rubbing each other's backs, etc. As it gets later, he'll lie down on the couch with his head in my lap. At night we sleep pressed up against each other, taking turns on being the big spoon. We express our love for each other daily in person and via text. So, although there isn't a lot of sex, there is a ton of intimacy.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:05 AM

9,025 posts, read 13,909,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
It's not that men don't need or want the trappings of sex and just want sex itself.

When men have sex, they also get "cuddling" and "companionship"; it's part of the package.

Getting cuddling and companionship without it is the trick some are trying to pull!

The trick of getting sex without cuddling and companionship seems way more popular than the other way around!

Old 12-06-2022, 02:18 PM

112 posts, read 82,649 times
Quote:
[/b]

The trick of getting sex without cuddling and companionship seems way more popular than the other way around!
That's the hook-up culture. I think the only way you can find a man that'll be compatible with your extremely low sex drive is to search for an asexual man.

Old 12-06-2022, 02:30 PM

22,130 posts, read 13,287,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa6660 View Post
You'd be happy in my situation, lol. My bf (him 37, me 43) is much more into the cuddling part than sex. He says he always has been. We do still have sex, mostly initiated by me, but it's a very small part of our relationship.

We kiss (simple peck on the lips) each other hello after we get home from work. We watch tv in the evenings and on the weekends together. We always sit touching, normally holding hands, or rubbing each other's backs, etc. As it gets later, he'll lie down on the couch with his head in my lap. At night we sleep pressed up against each other, taking turns on being the big spoon. We express our love for each other daily in person and via text. So, although there isn't a lot of sex, there is a ton of intimacy.
That's quite unusual for a 37-year-old man, and one with a woman 6 years his senior. Does he admit to - or brag about - or at least recognize - having a relatively low sex drive?

Old 12-06-2022, 03:13 PM

841 posts, read 560,146 times
Quote:
That's quite unusual for a 37-year-old man, and one with a woman 6 years his senior. Does he admit to - or brag about - or at least recognize - having a relatively low sex drive?
Oops, I typed his age in wrong. He's 36. 7-year difference.

Yes, he has been upfront about it from the start. There was a good amount of sex at the start of the relationship, but there was also a lot of alcohol involved. Neither one of us is currently drinking anymore. He suffered from eating disorders as a teen and even into later life. I think part of it is being self-conscious even though he has no reason to be as far as I am concerned. Right now he is also having a lot of issues with carpal tunnel at night. Very painful to him and keeps him from getting good sleep.

He also has a lot of debt and it weighs heavy on him. I know stress can affect your sex life. He's basically told me everything now and seems to be in a better mood since he got some of that off his shoulders. (I *knew* already (was off less than $1K), but there was something cathartic in him going through it out loud to me that has made a difference.)

And I am not talking months without it - just more like 3 times a month sex v 3 times a week sex.

I come from not wanting anyone to touch me and sleeping in my own bedroom for the last 10+ years. Sex was something I did when he wanted it and just basically did what I had to do and then went back to my own room, so it's actually weird for me to be wanting it. (I don't orgasm with a partner, so that has nothing to do with it.)

Old 12-06-2022, 03:29 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,117,827 times
Quote:
Not that unusual. Don't ask me how I know

Old 12-06-2022, 05:58 PM

8,517 posts, read 3,786,474 times
Quote:
[/b]

That's cause it's given to us like candy.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:55 PM

10,472 posts, read 7,083,253 times
Sounds like Barbie needs a Ken doll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships