Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 11:11 AM

4,085 posts, read 3,373,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
She texted me asking how my holidays were just small talk.

Then the next text was asking ms if I want to hangout sometime next week.

As far as friends she seems to have only one close lady friend from what I’ve seen.

I was more attracted to her friend but she wasn’t into me
This woman is lonely and doesn't have many friends, so she is trying to make more friends. That is why she is continuing to seek you out. If you are really annoyed with her, you definitely could drop her as a friend.

That isn't what I would do though. This woman seems lonely, so I would probably try to introduce her to some of my friends. When you move to some place new often it is tough to make new friends, maybe that is what is going on here. Next time you go out to lunch or breakfast with some of your friends, I might bring her along. if you have some guy friends who are single, I might invite her to meet them and if you have some female friends that you think might be a good match, I might introduce her to some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB83 View Post
Yeah it sounds like she might have been into him somewhat originally in terms of giving him a chance but was probably not very attracted to him physically so he was on a thin leash…If he was a good looking dude she’d be doing whatever it takes to get his attention and into bed to try to change his mind regardless of his indifference towards her..
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Not sure what kind of women you know, but...
It's far more likely that she was interested, and lost interest when he wasn't interested. Most people aren't going to waste their time pining after someone who's not into them.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2023, 11:18 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,855,653 times
Quote:
she got angry when I didn’t text her fast enough
I doubt this very much.

Old 01-18-2023, 03:08 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,373,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nope.
Really? I thought you believed friendships were more important than anything. If one of my male friends invited me somewhere and then disappeared, I'd be pissed.

But, I'd be pissed and not confused. If there was no real friendship as in this case, I'd wouldn't clutch any pearls. I also wouldn't see her again.

Old 01-18-2023, 03:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,191,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Really? I thought you believed friendships were more important than anything. If one of my male friends invited me somewhere and then disappeared, I'd be pissed.

But, I'd be pissed and not confused. If there was no real friendship as in this case, I'd wouldn't clutch any pearls. I also wouldn't see her again.
They are, but I wouldn't be bothered by that at all. I'd high five them (probably not literally) and tell them to be safe and have fun. Perhaps this is a bit sexist, but if it was a woman friend I'd also tell them if there are any problems, text me and I'll come get you and let me know you're safe (and do you need some condoms). It's literally happened scores of times in my life, and sometimes it was me (not often enough, ha). People go out as friends and sometimes things happen, sometimes for the better. I'm not roosterblocking anyone, and I'm not going to take it personally if it happens. If anything, I'm going to be happy for them (and I probably was encouraging them as well).

Of course, context matters a lot. Are we going to a play, or dinner, together? That's different than going to a dance club, bar, live music where the normal expectation is you're socializing and talking to other people. Different social events have different vibes and expectations. I mean, I look around, been dating fonumber 30+ years, BY FAR, the number one way I've seen people meet their spouse/long term partners is when people go out to have fun (bars, live music, breweries, festivals, parties, whatever), meet someone, have chemistry and go home with them (usually same day)... most of those people weren't going to those events alone, I don't think. (Edit: I shouldn't say by far, OLD is way up there too, it's probably close now.)

Last edited by timberline742; 01-18-2023 at 04:15 PM..

Old 01-18-2023, 03:57 PM

4,085 posts, read 3,373,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post

You are right, initially there was no friendship here, this woman asked out the OP and the OP wasn't interested in this woman romantically, but went out with this woman because he hadn't been on many dates lately. The OP was using this woman and this situation for his own purposes - not a profile in courage moment for the OP. The OP was going on this date for practice, and this woman didn't know that (and I assume would think the OP was rude for doing this to her). But on this date this woman, when she realized that the OP wasn't interested in her romantically likely assumed that the OP agreed to go out with her as friends. That is a tricky situation though for this woman, you like a guy, but he is not into you. I could see a woman not wanting to embarrass herself pining for a guy who isn't interested, overcorrecting and talking to another guy. Again not a profiles in courage moment for this woman this time, but sometimes lonely people do things that don't live up to our highest ideals either.

But ultimately we have two lonely people here who both seem like they could benefit from having more friends. The best way to get more friends is to just start being a good friend.

Old 01-18-2023, 04:40 PM

48,710 posts, read 35,229,289 times
I wouldn't like it if a friend bailed on me at a bar. But I am unclear how long the 2nd woman hung out? If the woman went and danced and left him with the other woman, that's fine.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-19-2023, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't like it if a friend bailed on me at a bar. But I am unclear how long the 2nd woman hung out? If the woman went and danced and left him with the other woman, that's fine.
That's what happened. At no time was he left alone.

Old 01-19-2023, 03:54 PM

12,854 posts, read 15,161,345 times
Quote:
To refresh people’s memory I exchanged numbers with someone i really wasn’t that attracted to and was gonna take her out on a date for experience even though I wasn’t interested. People here told me not to use her like that.

She texted me to hangout with her and her friend and I ended up
hanging out with her and her friend because I figured that’s not a date that’s more of a casual hangout.

She ended up talking to this guy at the bar we went to and dancing with him and referred to me as her friend when talking to him

While I thought that was kinda weird because months ago when I first exchanged numbers people who were friends of hers that worked with my friend said she was complaining I didn’t text her yet just after a few days so I figured she was into me.

In the end I guess neither of us was really into each other

Good, fine. So you weren't ever interested in her, but expected her OR wanted her to be interested in YOU.

Old 01-20-2023, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Good, fine. So you weren't ever interested in her, but expected her OR wanted her to be interested in YOU.
This goes back to my theory: scratch a "struggling guy," find a covert narcissist. Because the struggles originate from very fragile ego, sense of entitlement, and inability to see others except through the lens of oneself. The world is their mirror. Nothing is their fault.

Not diagnosing the OP, just pointing out the behavior.

Old 01-21-2023, 09:18 AM

5,334 posts, read 6,128,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I doubt this very much.
Doesn’t really matter what you doubt it’s facts. My best friend works with her good friend and that was the message relayed to me that she was waiting for me to text her and was wondering why i haven’t yet.

But I realize you have no interest in me or this issue other then trying to antagonize so I take whatever you say with a grain of salt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships