Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:11 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,359 times

Advertisements

I was a late bloomer I guess, sports were all I cared about, I had friends that were girls but if they came and went I didn't too much care till I met this Italian girl in Coral Springs Fl named Mary, went out for about 6 months but she was headed to NY to attend Nursing School and I never heard from her again. I got the feeling since I wasn't full blooded Italian I would not be accepted back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 11:26 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I was in 3rd grade when "Pippi Longstocking" hit theatres. I was absolutely fascinated by Tami Erin. Still have a thing about redheads. My first real crush was a girl in my first grade homeroom who's dad coached our pee-wee league baseball team (boys and girls weren't separated until 3rd grade). We were inseperable in the summers. Her family moved away before 3rd grade and I thought we would never see eachother again. We wrote letters for a while (no email in the late 80's) but that eventually died out. I never stopped thinking about her, though. First semester of my freshman year in college I was going through the "Fish Directory" and did a triple-take when I came across a very familiar name. It was her. We dated all through college and long distance for five years afterwards before finally calling it quits. Turned out to be a huge waste of time.
Awww... it's so sad when adult life spoils good memories...

Old 05-29-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Alas, he grew up and married another, oddly enough the only other person I have met with the same name as mine.
Wow, how weird is that... He must've been meant to marry this name, but not you...

Old 05-29-2008, 11:36 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I'm pretty sure it was Shaun Cassidy!
Shaun Cassidy?.. and not David Cassidy and his mischievous TV show, brother Danny Bonaducci?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:53 AM

Hmmm.. in the 1960's, I had a crush on Dawn Wells, who played Marianne (or is it Mary Ann?) on Gilligan's Island.

I also had a crush on a gal in grade school, but I was only 11 or so.

My first girlfriend was when I was a junior in high school, we dated until late 1979 early 1980, after she graduated from college, and I dropped out of college.

I went back to college in January of 1985 and got my Bachelor degree in Computer Science... A gal I dated in the 1980's joked with me about going to college for a long time, like John Belushi's line from Animal House "Seven years of college right down the drain!"...

Old 05-29-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post

I also had a crush on a gal in grade school, but I was only 11 or so.
Now that's the one we wanna hear more about!

Old 05-29-2008, 12:29 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Awww... it's so sad when adult life spoils good memories...
Nah. You can never recapture the splendor in the grass.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now that's the one we wanna hear more about!
LOL.. there's not much to hear about, I was too shy to talk to her.

Allso in my freshman year in high school, I had a crush on my English teacher, and I still remember her name to this day, Mrs. Campbell, I think she was married, and I believe she was in her mid or late 20's in 1972, at least 10 years older than I am. so I don't think that would have worked out...

I learned to overcome my shyness when I was a junior in high school and gathered enough nerve to ask the gal out, who was in history class, and liked a lot, and we dated for 6 years.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. there's not much to hear about, I was too shy to talk to her.
Awww... my poor neighbor was shy... You're certainly making up for it now considering how much time you spend in your room.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times
I remember girls from 1st grade,not sure if they were just crushes though because I got with them anyway.

There was a girl I was friendly with when I was around 8 though who would probably have been considered my girlfriend,but as my life started to unravel in my teenage years I actually later found out that she was one of the first I'd heard about having kids then getting married. Well no chance there I guess huh? Now mid 30s I wonder whatever became of those that peaked so early...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships