Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,619,542 times

Advertisements

Your first crush - do you even remember them? How did they shape the way you look at relationships, if at all? Was it a happy story or a tear-jerker?

I remember Donna Salerno from 2nd grade - mamma mia, she was gorgeous! I'd hang out when school let out, just to get a glimpse of her. The day she invited me over to her house to watch "Love Boat" - my feet didn't touch the ground. To this day I couldn't tell you what that episode was about - I was too busy being smitten.

Years later, in 6th grade, we hooked up some more. More invites to her house, her Mom loved me - I thought for sure we were getting married soon. But since our school only went to 6th grade, it was the last time I'd probably see her - my last memory of her was when she was in her cheerleading outfit - probably why I have a weakness for them today.

Junior high went by, then I transferred to an all-guy technical high school. In my second year there, they decided to bring in SIX girls as a test to see if a mixed-gender program would work. Now, picture 287 horny teenaged guys and SIX girls...uh-huh, it was like that.

But WHO was one of the six? Donna Salerno! I fell over myself, beating aside my erstwhile classmates just to get a glimpse of her walking down the stairs. Birds sang and all was right with the world when she smiled at me.

Now, she's probably married to a CPA in KissandTell, Idaho with 2.5 kids and a white picket fence. But the RUSH she introduced me to, the raw, primitive emotions, was priceless, and for that Lady Salerno will always be in my heart.

I showed you mine - now you show me yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 09:25 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,603,683 times
I'm pretty sure it was Shaun Cassidy!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Your first crush - do you even remember them? How did they shape the way you look at relationships, if at all? Was it a happy story or a tear-jerker?

I remember Donna Salerno from 2nd grade - mamma mia, she was gorgeous! I'd hang out when school let out, just to get a glimpse of her. The day she invited me over to her house to watch "Love Boat" - my feet didn't touch the ground. To this day I couldn't tell you what that episode was about - I was too busy being smitten.

Years later, in 6th grade, we hooked up some more. More invites to her house, her Mom loved me - I thought for sure we were getting married soon. But since our school only went to 6th grade, it was the last time I'd probably see her - my last memory of her was when she was in her cheerleading outfit - probably why I have a weakness for them today.

Junior high went by, then I transferred to an all-guy technical high school. In my second year there, they decided to bring in SIX girls as a test to see if a mixed-gender program would work. Now, picture 287 horny teenaged guys and SIX girls...uh-huh, it was like that.

But WHO was one of the six? Donna Salerno! I fell over myself, beating aside my erstwhile classmates just to get a glimpse of her walking down the stairs. Birds sang and all was right with the world when she smiled at me.

Now, she's probably married to a CPA in KissandTell, Idaho with 2.5 kids and a white picket fence. But the RUSH she introduced me to, the raw, primitive emotions, was priceless, and for that Lady Salerno will always be in my heart.

I showed you mine - now you show me yours.
This is such a sweet story and such a breath of fresh air here, Phil! You and Lior made the day!

Early crushes... Lemme see... The first guy who had a crush on me was walking me to the bus stop every day (2nd or 3rd grade...) and bringing me snowdrops from his Grandma's garden.

In about 4th or 5th grade I developed a serious crush on Z. He was very good looking and a popular soccer player (ya know, the equivalent of the football players here, but not the jock type...). As I result I attempted to show interest in soccer (if somebody doesn't know, I hate sports). Was watching games and was all up to speed with it. Both of us were A students. The problem was it was OK for a guy to be popular and an A student, while the same girls were frowned upon... Not that we were truly disliked, but it just wasn't a cool thing to have a crush on us. So, in 6th or 7th grade those cool kids started going out together and my crush had a GF... one of my best friends... Had to live with this somehow... Later on we were also in the same high school (the first boy, too), but my crush had already worn thin after so long and eventually I found a new interest.

The new interest in high school was very weird! What else is new, right...?! He was obsessed with heavy metal and was playing air guitar all the time, which I found kinda embarrassing. He was half-foreigner with a foreign name. I think that influenced my choices later in life or perhaps I've always had a deeply rooted taste for exotic and odd. Oh, yeah, he also smoked and I found the taste of his lips so appealing that I started smoking myself. It was a weird thing... still in 8th and 9th grade... there weren't that many "couples" per se. He didn't wanna advertise the "relationship" much and neither did I because all my friends found him appalling. After school, we'd leave with our respective friends of the same gender and meet later on at the bus stop and then never get on the bus and walk all the way home; well, occasionally with some stops in a bit isolated places...

Have no idea what any of them is doing at this time. The first two had gotten married and had kids, but I haven't seen them for years. Would be more curious to know what my AC/DC fan is doing...

Old 05-28-2008, 09:30 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,170,686 times
Amy Allen.

Second grade.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,541,151 times
A red rag top jag.

Or was it the blonde dish in the top cut down to her navel?

I guess I'll never know.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I'm pretty sure it was Shaun Cassidy!
You and how many million others?

Quote:
Have no idea what any of them is doing at this time. The first two had gotten married and had kids, but I haven't seen them for years. Would be more curious to know what my AC/DC fan is doing...
You CAN do Internet searches, ya know... But that was a great story - thank you!

Quote:
Amy Allen.

Second grade.
Hmmm...I'm beginning to spot a trend here...

Quote:
A red rag top jag.

Or was it the blonde dish in the top cut down to her navel?

I guess I'll never know.
They were both too fast, huh?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
You CAN do Internet searches, ya know... But that was a great story - thank you!
Well, before tonight, I hadn't thought of him for ages. Besides, the spy business back home is not as well developed yet as here. On the other hand, it's a small country and the gossip business is superior.

Yeah, you liked it because I couldn't get my soccer player, didn't ya...

Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, before tonight, I hadn't thought of him for ages. Besides, the spy business back home is not as well developed yet as here. On the other hand, it's a small country and the gossip business is superior.
As is the assassination business...

Quote:
Yeah, you liked it because I couldn't get my soccer player, didn't ya...
That's cruel. Cruel and unusual, to imply that I take great comfort in the misfortunes of others. Cruel, unusual and....

*Pfttt*

...sorry - I couldn't keep a straight face anymore! HEY, SOCCER BOY! TOUGH LUCK

Old 05-28-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
As is the assassination business...
Now that you insinuated that, no wonder I feel like strangling folks often, huh...?!

Quote:
That's cruel. Cruel and unusual, to imply that I take great comfort in the misfortunes of others. Cruel, unusual and....

*Pfttt*
...and soooo like you!

Quote:
...sorry - I couldn't keep a straight face anymore! HEY, SOCCER BOY! TOUGH LUCK
That's right! Last time I saw him he had a belly!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now that you insinuated that, no wonder I feel like strangling folks often, huh...?!
I didn't insinuate that - I implied it.

Quote:
...and soooo like you!
Just the lovable part...

Quote:
That's right! Last time I saw him he had a belly!
Heavens to Betsy! A BELLY?!? That's it - no REAL woman would want him now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships