Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 02:12 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post

I insisted she put her makeup on before ever leaving the house and she generally asked my opinion if she looked alright. I wanted her to appear in public wherever it may be a neat and attractive female that would make some man turn his head and say to himself, "Damn, she sure has one lucky husband"
Oh Yikes! You INSISTED that your poor wife put on make up before ever leaving the house?

That sucks.

The more I read what some men say on this forum, the luckier I feel to have my husband.
My dh requests that I leave makeup off altogether occassionally because he loves me 'fresh faced'. Generally I make up every day, but if my DH INSISTED upon it, I would insist that he never spoke to me like that ever again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 02:37 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
WestCobb, I applaud you. I finally have someone who respects old fashioned virtue. You are my grandaughters age and my son taught her and also my grandson how to treat and respect all women regardless of age. You definitley have the right outlook and your wife is one LUCKY woman. Again, you have made my day, never minding the criticism from other posters. THANKYOU. Steve

Old 05-31-2008, 02:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
The more I read what some men say on this forum, the luckier I feel to have my husband.
LOL, that's funny. Reminds me my ex and I liked watching Wife Swap occasionally and feel better and superior... Oh, well, guess all perceived by us as weirdos can laugh at us all the way...

Old 05-31-2008, 02:59 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
LOL, that's funny. Reminds me my ex and I liked watching Wife Swap occasionally and feel better and superior... Oh, well, guess all perceived by us as weirdos can laugh at us all the way...

Lol sierra, I don't know that I feel superior really - there's lots about our relationship that isn't perfect, but when I hear someone saying that they spent years INSISTING on his wife wearing make up before she is allowed to leave the house... well... perhaps I do feel a bit superior after all! LOL.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Lol sierra, I don't know that I feel superior really - there's lots about our relationship that isn't perfect, but when I hear someone saying that they spent years INSISTING on his wife wearing make up before she is allowed to leave the house... well... perhaps I do feel a bit superior after all! LOL.
I personally know somebody who didn't let his wife wear lipstick... Needless to say, that marriage didn't last long.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:20 PM

Being the owner of a Grocery/Liquor Inventoery business for 23 yrs, I had the occasion to see how many women dress in a Grocery store. The lady in slippers, bath robe, hair in curlers, cigarette hanging from her lips, buying some milk and cereal for the small kids breakfast is a lasting memory. Same type of woman with similiar clothes at the Liquor store at 9 am buying a 1/2 pint of vodka and a qt of beer while slapping the hand of a (about) 4 yr old boy who wanted a candy bar saying NO. I have also seen a VERY NEAT women in a suit and heels looking like she just came from the office. New for a fact she was a housewife. Spend time in the Public domain and get an eyeful of EDUCATION. Steve

Old 05-31-2008, 03:54 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
I insisted she put her makeup on before ever leaving the house and she generally asked my opinion if she looked alright...Hope she is looking down on me from above as I write this.

I wonder if her idea of heaven is being free of someone who apparently didnt think she was attractive enough to be seen in public without makeup.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:07 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
I really don't get the whole point of this post..

Old 05-31-2008, 04:14 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I really don't get the whole point of this post..
Well, you obviously haven't taken any psychology courses

It is supposed to be a warning to all the young men out there that their hot fox of a lady is going to turn into an ugly old bat later on in life.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:54 PM

K-Luv...touche, I thank you for your understanding my OP as did another. Some did not read my recent post. I was the owner of a company that was well known and established in the Grocery trade. As my (who was a beautiful redhead) wife even without makeup was attractive still needed as all women do "put their face on" before going in public. When was the last time you saw Elizabeth Taylor without makeup? When does Hillery Clinton or Obamas wife appear without makeup. Give me a break. All females who deal with the public wear makeup. Many women have a (slight blemesh) to cover with powder etc. thus the makeup. Do I care ? Hell NO. The ones that I notice first are those who look like they came off the cover of Vogue Magazine and the others are those who look like they just got off a drunk and as for those in the middle, nobody notices them. Ask any male what they see in women first. (next to 1/2 undressed females). Chances it will be attractive with a 2nd look by turning of the head. WOW!!! Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships