Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:00 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
It is supposed to be a warning to all the young men out there that their hot fox of a lady is going to turn into an ugly old bat later on in life.
Yep. Especially after she's given birth to his children.

I think the OP is nuts! Forcing his wife to wear makeup and critizing another man's wife. Yuck. And yuck again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
K-Luv...touche, I thank you for your understanding my OP as did another. Some did not read my recent post. I was the owner of a company that was well known and established in the Grocery trade. As my (who was a beautiful redhead) wife even without makeup was attractive still needed as all women do "put their face on" before going in public. When was the last time you saw Elizabeth Taylor without makeup? When does Hillery Clinton or Obamas wife appear without makeup. Give me a break. All females who deal with the public wear makeup. Many women have a (slight blemesh) to cover with powder etc. thus the makeup. Do I care ? Hell NO. The ones that I notice first are those who look like they came off the cover of Vogue Magazine and the others are those who look like they just got off a drunk and as for those in the middle, nobody notices them. Ask any male what they see in women first. (next to 1/2 undressed females). Chances it will be attractive with a 2nd look by turning of the head. WOW!!! Steve
Steve, I'm a middle aged woman that never leaves the house without my makeup and am typically dressed very nicely. However, I do that for myself - not to impress anyone. If I was married and he told me to put on makeup, I'd be very hurt and offended. That is a personal choice. A spouse should enjoy their spouse's choices of style. If asked, it's one thing to share an opinion, but to dictate a style or choice for a spouse isn't what most women are looking for. I can promise you that wouldn't be helpful in most marriages or relationships.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
K-Luv...touche, I thank you for your understanding my OP as did another. Some did not read my recent post. I was the owner of a company that was well known and established in the Grocery trade.
I think (hope) that K-Luv was being ironic.
I read your recent post. You were equating a woman going out in public without "putting her face on" with someone showing up at your shop in nightclothes, with hair not brushed and a cig in her mouth. Hardly the same. I'm sorry but many women don't consider a trip to a local grocery shop as an occasion to put on full make up.

Your example of women who get made up to be on TV is daft. Of course they do! Yet many celebs also occassionally leave the house with no makeup as we see in the tabloids.

I honestly just find your attitude in critizing your friend's wife to be down right petty.

I can't tell what you are trying to get across with your post because it is so muddied with this 'women must wear make up evry time they go outside' nonsense, but if the underlying message is that you should marry for the woman, not the appearance of the woman, then I agree.

If as it seems, this is just an attack on your 'friend's wife and an encouragement to women to be made up at all times, then it's a pretty poor sentiment IMHO.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Steve, I'm a middle aged woman that never leaves the house without my makeup and am typically dressed very nicely. However, I do that for myself - not to impress anyone. If I was married and he told me to put on makeup, I'd be very hurt and offended. That is a personal choice. A spouse should enjoy their spouse's choices of style. If asked, it's one thing to share an opinion, but to dictate a style or choice for a spouse isn't what most women are looking for. I can promise you that wouldn't be helpful in most marriages or relationships.

Very well said. You put it much more pleasantly than I did.
I'm sensitive because my Mother never wears makeup and I feel like this is such a foolish thing to be judged on. My Mother is one of the best people I know, make up or not.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:20 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
Quote:
All females who deal with the public wear makeup.
I don't exactly know what universe you're in, but this is a completely false statement. My mother, a very beautiful woman (who my dad complimented often as you do your wife) works very successfully as a real estate agent and she wears not a stitch of makeup. My husband, bless his cologne-less heart, thinks I'm beautiful, I work as a teacher in public, and I also don't wear a stitch of makeup, at least to work. I will admit to covering a zit now and again, but I haven't had one of those in 10+ years. And if I'm going to a formal event, I will put on a little makeup for myself because I think it looks nice with a formal dress. My hubby would prefer I not wear makeup at all, even when I'm dressed up.

Last edited by cmacf1; 05-31-2008 at 09:03 PM..

Old 05-31-2008, 08:31 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Well..Well.. Well, guess all those years taking Inventory in some Drugstores with Cosmetic sections was for nothing. Should have told them that there was no need to count the lipstick,eyebrow pencils,rouge,makeup mirrors,finger nail polish,nail files,cologne,false eyelashes,long finger nails,make up kits etc,etc,etc. Throw it all into the back dumpster, after all women will not buy all that stuff, as they don't need or will ever use it. A waste of money. All those companys who advertise in Ladys Home Journal etc are throwing their money away. Nobody is going to buy their stuff. Nawwww. This is the US, Hollywood, Glamour stars. Nobody wants to imitate them. Throw the stuff away. As long as little girls try to imitate their mothers, all the MAKEUP ain't gonna go nowhere but stay a multi million dollar business. Steve

Old 05-31-2008, 09:02 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
Quote:
Well..Well.. Well, guess all those years taking Inventory in some Drugstores with Cosmetic sections was for nothing. Should have told them that there was no need to count the lipstick,eyebrow pencils,rouge,makeup mirrors,finger nail polish,nail files,cologne,false eyelashes,long finger nails,make up kits etc,etc,etc. Throw it all into the back dumpster, after all women will not buy all that stuff, as they don't need or will ever use it. A waste of money. All those companys who advertise in Ladys Home Journal etc are throwing their money away. Nobody is going to buy their stuff. Nawwww. This is the US, Hollywood, Glamour stars. Nobody wants to imitate them. Throw the stuff away. As long as little girls try to imitate their mothers, all the MAKEUP ain't gonna go nowhere but stay a multi million dollar business. Steve
Did I (or anybody on here) say ALL women wear no makeup? Where did you get that? You're definitely an all or nothing kind of guy, aren't you? First it's ALL women wear makeup. Now it's NO women wear makeup. Both are totally ridiculous statements now, aren't they? I very well may be in the minority and my mom may be in the minority, but telling me that ALL women wear makeup is just plain false. I don't waste money on the stuff because there are MANY other things I'd far rather be spending my money on. While I do not begrudge any WOMAN who chooses to wear makeup (which is most of my friends,) I sure as heck would begrudge a woman's husband who tells her she HAS to put on makeup before she walks out the door.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Steve, did you not bother to read the responses at all? You need to work on your reading and comprehension skills. Lol.
I use makeup regularly. Love it. If, however my husband 'insisted' upon me wearing it, I would be hurt and upset.
Is this really too much for you to understand?

Old 06-01-2008, 06:46 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
It appears Steve is one of those individuals who pouts when the conversation is not going the way he thought it was going to go... and it is rather apparant on his last post..

What I will say is this.. if your intent was to say that the women you marry is not going to look the way she is when you married her... hmmm.. I think that is a no brainer.. as a matter of fact... I can almost guarantee.. that you wont look the same as you did 30 something years ago. Bald, stomach, smelly feet.. hairy ears... to name a few things that occurs to some men when they age. These are all things that make up will not cover.. one thing for sure.. you do not need make up to cover up a very nice attitude and a lovely pesonality... if you marry/co habitate for the right reasons... you wont have any problems..

Hooking up with someone because they look like a million bucks but have the attitude of a horse will tend to pay you dividends in later years (although it may not be the dividends you want!). It always goes back to my point of... dont get with people for their looks... (although you tend to be attracted to people that look good to you.. dont let it be the only thing that attracts you to that person)

Old 06-01-2008, 06:48 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
Oh and to talk about "horse's attitudes" not all horses are bad either!! I just wanted to say that so no one took offense to the horse thing.. although horses are very stubborn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships