Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 10:16 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times

Advertisements

Robyn - Good luck on your first day on the new job Monday! Hopefully, you'll come back and tell us it's a much better environment than your old one....hopefully no nasty AOM or assistant AOM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Well, we've all been encouraging you to stand up for yourself for the last year, haven't we?

I'm glad to see this strength in you, Robyn. You are the only person who knows what's right for you- and you have every right to follow that.

It's wonderful to hear about the kids- especially the changes in A. It must be a beautiful thing to watch this evolve.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:51 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,124,602 times
Smile This one's for you cinderobyn!

I hope everyone just keeps on enjoying this "Happy Music" video. Someone must like it since the views have now grown to 9,645,118 and counting!
She's also giving a free concert today in NYC's Central Park.

"Yael Naim - New Soul with Lyrics".

YouTube - yael naim new soul clip

Last edited by sun; 06-22-2008 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: This video reminds me of cinderobyn soooo much!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:54 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
I hope everyone just keeps on enjoying this "Happy Music" video. Someone must like it since the views have now grown to 9,645,118 and counting!
She's also giving a free concert today in NYC's Central Park.

"Yael Naim - New Soul with Lyrics".

YouTube - yael naim new soul clip
I've had that tune on my mp3 player for a couple weeks. I can't see u-tube here at work. I'll have to check it out when I get home.
Hang in there Robyn. Glad your finally gettin some!

Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,734,914 times
Hey there Robyn, I know I haven't been around in awhile, but...I support you 100%!! Go you!!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:45 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Default At times, I am a dragonfly

The image of the dragonfly sparks the creative power of the imagination. Living in an aura of fantasy, the dragonfly’s fluttering wings inspire thoughts of fairies and butterflies; bubbles and snowflakes. They flit from flower to flower, from tree to tree; settling on dew-kissed leaves and grass. Within sight yet always out of reach

The more that you learn about this small but very powerful creature, the more you understand that it is not only a testimony to beauty, but also to strength and more importantly, change.

You see, the dragonfly is very similar to the butterfly in two respects: first, they both are flying insects with four wings, and secondly, they both go through a metamorphosis period to emerge as fully formed and functional new creatures. For the dragonfly (and its closest relative, the damselfly), life starts out encased in an egg. These eggs are laid in water, and when the young dragonfly emerges, it is known as a nymph. These juvenile dragonflies are not nearly of the beauty or stature of their adult counterparts. In fact, they can be downright ugly. Their wings are tiny and their jaws are large and extended, to make it easier to find their favorite foods (like mosquito larvae). They can spend three years in the nymph stage, living in water, waiting to truly take form.

The chance that the procedure of morphing from nymph to dragonfly is painful is very high. The first step seems easy enough. The nymph just climbs out of the water to rest on a plant stem or leaf. But then, the process really begins! The skin of the nymph begins to split, with the new head emerging from the ruins. The rest of it emerges, until finally free, its wings have a chance to dry and become strong enough to fly. The process takes about two hours. However, it won’t be fully complete for another day or two, when the beautiful colors begin to fully come in.

Putting the “Dragon†In Dragonfly
Dragonflies were originally given their name to pay tribute to the awesome power and strength of their jaws for hunting and catching their prey. Their diet consists mostly of flies and mosquitoes and the like, which luckily we view as pests. As a matter of fact, their hunting skills are usefulness to us has earned them the nickname of “mosquito hawkâ€.

Of course, the dragonfly has been around for millions of millennia, showing up many years before dinosaurs emerged. This has given them plenty of time to adapt to their environment and breed in amazing hunting and survival skills. The only real difference between their ancient predecessors and the modern progeny is in the matter of size and wingspan. The ancient dragonflies were considerably larger than even the largest of today’s dragonflies (which has a pretty impressive 7†wingspan).

Through this time, they’ve learned to maneuver like masters, out-flying and out-thinking their prey. They’ve also got amazing eyesight, with eyes somewhat like a spiders, based on hundred of small 6 sided facets which form a grid-like pattern to detect even the slightest movements.

So, what may have appeared as simply a feminine design turns out, in fact, to be quite a fierce natural predator! Much like the people who chose the dragonfly as their emblem, it would be dangerous to judge these creatures based on appearances alone – especially if you’re a mosquito.

The Hidden Meaning of the Dragonfly
The dragonfly’s shell is designed with special facets that reflect and refract their beautiful colors and the light of the sun. This almost sparkling appearance has leant added meaning to the dragonfly’s form. They’ve taken on a mystical and magical symbolism. The dragonfly’s magic is it’s light magic, and all of the wonderful similes, metaphors and clichés that light has inspired. In Japan, the Japanese people have chosen to honor the dragonfly as a symbol of joy and new light.

Thus, the dragonfly has come to be an image that inspires us to not only learn to practice the shedding and mirroring of light in our own lives, but to learn to see when others are doing it too!

Often, an individual would have many different totems throughout life, some for just a time, some for their entire lives. And one of these totem spirits was the spirit of the dragonfly. It would adopt men and women, young and old. The dragonfly spirit means you must consciously make an effort to express your hopes, dreams, needs and wishes.

The dragonfly spirit is the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment; and the communication from the elemental world. Its medicine beckons you to seek out the parts of your habits which need changing. You can turn to the dragonfly to guide you through the mists of illusion to the pathway of transformation.

Is the dragonfly spirit beckoning to you?

I have cut and pasted from another site aboutt he dragonfly. Maybe it will be deleted, maybe it wont. I have not a clue.

I hope all is well with everyone here, I am doing good. Work is going well, although I am not feeling my best today. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Tink cup of coffee is good. I am about to start the music now, and let it enter my mind, my thoughts and dreams.

Have a great rest of your day!!!!

robyn

Old 06-26-2008, 10:01 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
With the hundreds of replies in here, heck, Im not sure I already put one in already. If not, heres mine:
Im happy where I live now and if someday I ever move again, it would be towards the midwest somewhere. Maybe Oklahoma, S Dakota or Wisconsin. Heck with family genetics, who knows, maybe even Canada! But definately not planning on any place like Az, N M or Nevada, Ive had more than my fair share of desert life.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
With the hundreds of replies in here, heck, Im not sure I already put one in already. If not, heres mine:
Im happy where I live now and if someday I ever move again, it would be towards the midwest somewhere. Maybe Oklahoma, S Dakota or Wisconsin. Heck with family genetics, who knows, maybe even Canada! But definately not planning on any place like Az, N M or Nevada, Ive had more than my fair share of desert life.
Poor Livewire... that's what happens when you get a life! This thread has absolutely nothing to do with moving.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:50 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Hello all. My new job is much less stressful than the onld one.. so far. Next week is supposed to head up a busier week for the office. I can hardly stand how little work I am doing compared to what I was doing before. It has been a break for me, and I find myself trying to find things to do.

My co workers are nice, respectful. My office manager is nice. I have met all of the drs, and they are all good. I have also run into many of my old patients in my office as well as outside of the office. I am able to see them passing by and I run out to say hello.

Back to walking fairly regularly. L having issues with respect, so is A. It is driving me up the wall, and sometimes I just want to head for the door.

ib will meet me tomorow morning for the kids. He will have them through to Sunday. Tonight I am going to start back up on making jewelry. It's been such a long time since I have done that, I have to get the technique back.

That's it for me, for now.

Coffee is great. Every day.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:13 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,124,602 times
Happy July 4th everyone!

When I went outside this morning I saw a young dragonfly just sitting on the wall, moving only a little. There were a few drops of misty rain still lingering in the air and the sky cloudy and dark, and it seemed to be resting. Would it stay there until I went and got my camera?
Well it did and I snapped about 20 pictures without it seeming to mind a bit.

I saw cinderobyn's first blog where she mentioned:

Quote:
I have a tattoo. It is of a beautiful dragonfly. The dragonfly has a signifigance, I have learned. The colors in this ink are black as the background, a very light turquoise, and periwinkle. I am going to have to go back and get the part that is periwinkle filled back in, as it is too light.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving foward back to where I should be.-p1030734a57-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships