Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:24 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,950,375 times

Advertisements

Finding the humor in life, not afraid to laugh at himself, not afraid when to make fun of me so I can laugh at myself.

Is able to listen intently when I have something important to say, and who is able to at least look like he is listening when I have something unimportant to say.

Nice in general to strangers, opens doors, acknowledges salespeople and waitresses.

Respectful to his mother and family, and to mine.

The other regular stuff, intelligent, honest, loyal. Yes, hottness is important, but not overly hot, because then he is arrogant and full of himself and that is just a pain in the butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 09:02 PM

44 posts, read 167,709 times
(+) Honesty, Good sense of humor, being yourself, Kindness, Sensitivity, Job, a Gentleman

(-) Liar, Thief, Poor hygiene, Cheating, Rudeness, Laziness, Selfishness

Old 06-02-2008, 09:19 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,840,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
Question to all female members: What turns you on or off about a guy? What is the most key factor in a love relationship and what keeps it going?
Turn offs:
Lack of personal hygiene
Arrogance
Condescending attitude
Effeminate (that's fine if you are gay, but it's not something I find attractive as a heterosexual woman)
Controlling
Domineering

The key factor for a successful relationship to me is to be treated like an equal, like a partner, like a friend. I can't stand for a man that expects to "be the MAN" as if it is his right to make the decisions of the home etc. I'm a physically and emotionally stong woman, I don't want to be treated like I'm any less.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,070,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
Question to all female members: What turns you on or off about a guy? What is the most key factor in a love relationship and what keeps it going?
I am greatly attracted to a man that is smart, well educated, with a good sense of dry humour, that respects me, and that is kind. His looks are less important to me, but he should been well groomed and have good hygiene habits. But I would also make sure that we are in agreement about having children (zero of them), money matters and religion (none). He must also love dogs and my cars.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 AM

681 posts, read 2,873,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
All the posts above me sound really nice, but here's the reality list:

leaves the room I'm in when he has to fart
And what do YOU do when YOU have to fart? (Don't even try to con me into believing that you never fart... everyone farts.)

Quote:
puts down the toilet seat
appreciates the fact that I will never ask him, "does this XXX make me look fat?"
knows better than to tell me "that XXX makes you look fat" (see the line above)
If I said that last one to my wife, she'd know it was a compliment and possibly a come-on line.

Quote:
uses utensils to eat
can occasionally show affection and feign interest in my stories
doesn't make me sleep on the wet spot
Why should HE sleep on the wet spot all the time, especially if he didn't make it?

Quote:
The big "bulge", as stated earlier, is just gravy
Anything that can't go in is wasted... just remember that.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:27 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,567,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
First and foremost he better drive a new sports car. Second he'd better make at least 100,000 a year. He sure as day better not be round. just kidding.
That's not as far fetched as many may think.

There's too many females out there that want those attributes just for starters.

Many are "coy" and don't mention their real selfish "material wants" when asked the type of question the OP asked in this thread.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM

77,955 posts, read 60,120,250 times
The fancy car thing is what throws me out I guess. :-)

I drive a functional no-frills commuter car but could afford a benz if I wanted to spend my money in that manner. Instead I like to take trips, have a nice house and save etc. I was just cruising some threads and stumbled onto this one and thought it was funny.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,332,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
That's not as far fetched as many may think.

There's too many females out there that want those attributes just for starters.

Many are "coy" and don't mention their real selfish "material wants" when asked the type of question the OP asked in this thread.
There are also those of us who have our s*** together and just wish the guys we dated could say the same for themselves. Especially here in CA where most of the men in my age group are still sharing rent with their old frat buddies in some little closet by the beach. I purchased my first home in my mid 20s - while they were busy boozin' it up and pi**ing their money away on irrelevant junk. The sad part is that ten years later, they are still flopping around getting high and playing video games.

I personally don't care if they drive the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile - is it paid for? Does it start when you turn the key? Yes? Then that's fine with me.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:55 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,937,108 times
Quote:
I personally don't care if they drive the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile - is it paid for?
Always comes back to this.. doesn't it? (KIDDING!!)

Old 06-03-2008, 02:04 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,567,558 times
Quote:

I personally don't care if they drive the Oscar Mayer Weinermobile - is it paid for? Does it start when you turn the key? Yes? Then that's fine with me.
Well at least you're not picky - but too many are believe me.

Also not everyone can purchase a home and I'm not talking about the ones who squandered the $$$ they had on "garbage" things either. They're many that have always lived paycheck to paycheck on bare minimal living and not everyone gets a college education and or gets The Job that pays a nice salary to afford the "nicer" things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships