Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 08:36 AM

7 posts, read 2,911 times

Advertisements

Well this is rather something funny. I was searching for one of my skirts I've lost. Upon going through clothes after clothes, on the very bottom of one of the drawers, discovered a small gift bag I've never seen before that said ''To (my name), with love, (his name)''. Inside there was a letter, a receipt dated March 30th, 11:13 am and hidden on the very bottom of the bag was the gift. The letter's intro read ''Today April 30'', meaning the gift was meant to be given on that day. It's not a birthday gift because my b-day is still far out on Oct 28th and it's definitely not a holiday.

I already know what it is (the message in the letter is very brief and straight forward, in his own big letters) but put it back where it was, covered it with clothes and tried my best to pretend nothing happened. I can't stop laughing (in the good way) as I'm writing this. Has this happened to other men before, where his gf finds it by accident? I didn't mean to ruin it. Snooping has never been into me. This was an honest accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2024, 08:53 AM

22,561 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Weird he would hide something in your drawer, and weird you keep skirts in a drawer.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Weird he would hide something in your drawer, and weird you keep skirts in a drawer.
Drawers come in all different sizes. They're large drawers, suitable for clothes. I do agree he made it very obvious by hiding it my drawer. Well now I'll have to continue pretending I don't know and wait for that day.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:42 AM

22,561 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingsAnnie View Post
Well now I'll have to continue pretending I don't know and wait for that day.
Why?
He deliberately/intentionally put it in a place where you can find it.
And he left the receipt so that you know how much he spent.
Why not say you found it while looking for a skirt in a drawer?

Old 04-13-2024, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Why?
He deliberately/intentionally put it in a place where you can find it.
And he left the receipt so that you know how much he spent.
Why not say you found it while looking for a skirt in a drawer?
He wanted to give it on April 30th as it says on the letter. I don't mind waiting.

Old 04-13-2024, 12:08 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingsAnnie View Post
He wanted to give it on April 30th as it says on the letter. I don't mind waiting.
My bet is that he never thought you would get that deep in the drawer, so maybe he thought it was the perfect location. I do not think he meant for you to find it, as having the receipt in there would be very tacky. I would definitely wait, and not ruin the plan, especially since he has a specific day in mind. Some day, long from now, I would reveal that I had found it, and how I did not want to spoil the wonderful surprise he had planned.

I would think that it makes it kind of exciting knowing and anxiously waiting for the day. Boy, you have something to look forward to!

Now, if it had been to someone other than yourself, that would be worth bringing up immediately!

Old 04-13-2024, 12:24 PM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times
Buy him a gift, too. And hide it in one of his drawers. Have fun with this!

Old 04-13-2024, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Now, if it had been to someone other than yourself, that would be worth bringing up immediately!
Definitely. It would've been over right away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Buy him a gift, too. And hide it in one of his drawers. Have fun with this!
I can even though it won't match his unique gift that only happens once. It's the greatest gift I've ever gotten (will get) from him.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:42 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
How nice of him!!!

So, is it just a random gift or is there a proposal or anything else as a reason for it?

Old 04-16-2024, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
How nice of him!!!

So, is it just a random gift or is there a proposal or anything else as a reason for it?
You just said the answer on your sentence. Might as well confirm it here. Yes the short message on the letter was the question. On the bottom of the gift bag was the jewelry box, containing the ring. That's why I didn't want to ruin his surprise and going along, pretending I'm clueless about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships