Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 04:10 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times

Advertisements

So, when I came to this forum, I thought I'd be around adults. And they say that my generation is messed up. Oh wait.. I guess we know who the parents of those kids are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 05:48 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Their opinions and $5 will get you a Latte at Starbucks.
And there she goes again, ladies and gentlemen! So if none of our opinions count, allow me to reiterate the question that you have been ignoring over and over again, WHY are you still here and what are you trying to prove, since obviously you don't take no one else's but your own narrow opinions?

Old 06-08-2008, 06:07 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
And there she goes again, ladies and gentlemen! So if none of our opinions count, allow me to reiterate the question that you have been ignoring over and over again, WHY are you still here and what are you trying to prove, since obviously you don't take no one else's but your own narrow opinions?
You seem to think everyone's opinion counts but mine. In my life, uniless you can change my mind, your opinion doesn't matter.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
You seem to think everyone's opinion counts but mine. In my life, uniless you can change my mind, your opinion doesn't matter.
Of course yours counts, but when everyone else weighs the OTHER way, and you REFUSE to EVEN CONSIDER that OTHER way, then yes, it does get irritating after 35 pages of people trying to open up your eyes.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:28 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,428 times
Quote:
Hopefully, this isn't the same attitude you've taken with your husband and marriage.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Hopefully, this isn't the same attitude you've taken with your husband and marriage.
Nah, that only applies to people on bulliten boards silly enough to think their opinions on my life should count for more than mine. People who actually know me get more consideration though in the end I usually go with my own opinion. After all, it is my life.

People like my friends who faught the idea of my husband and I renewing vows do get consideration. They know me. They felt it was his way of trying to wipe the slate clean. Even though my husband pushed to the point of planing the reception, I deicded that maybe my friends were onto something since they were unanamous in their feelings we should not take that step.

Now if you can present a logical argument that changes my mind, then your opinion counted for something. If walk away from a debate with you holding the same opoinion I did before, then it doesn't mean anything in my life. You're entitled to it and to apply it any way you want in your life but I'm still going with what I believe.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:42 PM

549 posts, read 1,929,797 times
So what exactly do moderators do here?

Old 06-08-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
So what exactly do moderators do here?
I would assume they make sure TOS are followed and follow up on posts that are reported. That's what they do on most sites I've been on.

I have to ask about your nick. "Enders Game"? Loved that series.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Nah, that only applies to people on bulliten boards silly enough to think their opinions on my life should count for more than mine. People who actually know me get more consideration though in the end I usually go with my own opinion. After all, it is my life.

People like my friends who faught the idea of my husband and I renewing vows do get consideration. They know me. They felt it was his way of trying to wipe the slate clean. Even though my husband pushed to the point of planing the reception, I deicded that maybe my friends were onto something since they were unanamous in their feelings we should not take that step.

Now if you can present a logical argument that changes my mind, then your opinion counted for something. If walk away from a debate with you holding the same opoinion I did before, then it doesn't mean anything in my life. You're entitled to it and to apply it any way you want in your life but I'm still going with what I believe.
BLUEGRASS, this answers your statement re: IVORY's husband & her marriage.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:08 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,195 times
In my few minutes of spare time, I have been reading through several different posts, and came across this one and the one that is relevant to this one posted by the same OP.

Being as I haven't been involved in the argument....I do have to state something...but I also have a feeling that just like the plethora of posters that are not agreeing with the OP...which are the majority of posters I do have to say...it appears as it doesn't matter what the majority of people think (which actually should say something, as it is the majority).

I am not going to comment my opinion on who is right or wrong in the cheating business, because it appears as if I agree with her, I am right and if I don't, I am wrong...which is nonsense, so I just won't comment.

I am going to comment on the fact that people- including her, come on her for advice, from unbiased people. In this situation, those unbiased people are people who are not actually involved with her, so they will most likely be able to give truer (yeah, I know that word is incorrect) opinions because they don't have any involvement or care in the matter. What is wrong is that people come on here "asking for advice", but what they want is advice or comments that only swing their way. That becomes apparent when they don't heed other peoples' opinions when it doesn't agree with theirs, even when it becomes apparent that the majority of opinions DO NOT agree with theirs...and they keep arguing their own opinion. The real post should have been "Let me state my views and if you agree with me, come in, because I don't want to hear anyone else's views". That would have saved a lot of trouble and time from other people who were sincerely trying to help.

Then comes the immaturity. Believe it or not, it gives a bigger picture into the situation, actually...without going into detail.

I have come onto this site and posted previously about situations that I was involved in, and wanted opinions...and I know that in some of them I thought I was right....but of course, most times, everyone thinks they are right and most times they are NOT right....but you need people from the outside to look in and help. Many times you need other voices to help you look at it from different angles and view different perspectives...that's what life is about. It's not all black and white unfortunately...there is a gray area...and other people can help you to see that...but then there are the posters with blinders on that only want to see their way, want to hear people state about their way...and tada! that is that.

This will be my only post in here. I will probably come on to read when I have time (in process of unpacking and take breaks during that)...but I don't repeat myself when people don't listen...and I am also too old (35) to deal with people who don't have time for anyone that aren't versions of themselves...so I won't post.

Have a good day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships