Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
wow your parents never taught you all anything.

A date is to get to know somebody on an intellectual and fun level. There should be no sexual intercourse.
Sorry, that "dating" deal is quite American, if not strictly (can't say I'm sure how it works in every country). My early love life didn't take place here.

On the other hand, I've heard and read that a 3rd date happens to be a make-or-break one... Not that I operate on anybody else's schedule... Just mentioning my American knowledge. I’ve never experienced sampling various people at the same time which might very well be healthy, but I don’t even have the energy for that. So far my life has been about serial monogamy and dry spells. Of course, it's not like I dreamed about the serial part, but that's how it worked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 02:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
oh right I can relate because I don't have the energy to date various people at the same time very draining and awkward...i hate it when the guy I am on a date with is texting other people in the middle of my date...very rude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sorry, that "dating" deal is quite American, if not strictly (can't say I'm sure how it works in every country). My early love life didn't take place here.

On the other hand, I've heard and read that a 3rd date happens to be a make-or-break one... Not that I operate on anybody else's schedule... Just mentioning my American knowledge. I’ve never experienced sampling various people at the same time which might very well be healthy, but I don’t even have the energy for that. So far my life has been about serial monogamy and dry spells. Of course, it's not like I dreamed about the serial part, but that's how it worked out.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:06 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
My main problem with the concept is "dating" a few people at a time. What exactly does that involve?

Going to the movies and dinner? Developing feelings? Having sex with all of them?
Again, let's break it down to root causes...

Just do what you do on ONE date, with a LOT of people.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Just do what you do on ONE date, with a LOT of people.
Well, then I'll put the whole bunch together and take them to the movies 'cause I'm too tired and old to deal with all of them individually. After that perhaps we can have a lil’ orgy. That’s it! Gotta apply for the patent – I’m the inventor of the new American dating in the 21st century!

Old 06-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Well, then I'll put the whole bunch together and take them to the movies 'cause I'm too tired and old to deal with all of them individually. After that perhaps we can have a lil’ orgy. That’s it! Gotta apply for the patent – I’m the inventor of the new American dating in the 21st century!
That's it!

Now just get Dr. Phil to lend his face to your new website and you'll be a millionaire!

"Lil' orgies - how's that workin' for ya'?"

Old 06-11-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
That's it!

Now just get Dr. Phil to lend his face to your new website and you'll be a millionaire!

"Lil' orgies - how's that workin' for ya'?"
I believe his face already is on the Playgirl thread, so I'll just pick it from there.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I believe his face already is on the Playgirl thread, so I'll just pick it from there.
I think that's his chest, but who's counting?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I think that's his chest, but who's counting?
The chest is dominating alright, but that’s Playgirl, not Beard Maintenance after all.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:40 PM

70 posts, read 239,525 times
I know what you mean, i would find it exhausting dating more than one person, even just dating one person can be exhausting enough, lol, well depending on what they are like.I cant understand how anyone could date more than one person and i would question their motives for doing so.

f you like someone enough, they should be the only person you want to be with, at that particular time anyway.I could understand wanting to date someone else if the novelty has worn off, but if you really like someone, it would last for a while or a long time.

You know what else i find stupid though ?.Just going on one date with someone then giving up.I mean, you havent even given it a chance, and i find that even more confusing if the person you dated was a nice person and you had something in common with them.That happened with me and a guy my age.I like someone alot older at the minute though.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
The chest is dominating alright, but that’s Playgirl, not Beard Maintenance after all.
"Beard Maintenance MONTHLY", if you please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships