Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:38 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times

Advertisements

I think that people once involved realize that there are things they don't like about their partner. Personally speaking, my fiance is perfect to me. There is nothing that he needed or wanted to change for me and vice versa. I think though that yes, some people do change for whatever reason and personally I don't think that you should. Just me though and my honest opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 07:51 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,266,248 times
I'm a cyclist. I used to shave my legs...because that's what serious cyclists do. The reason behind it is if you go down 1) the abbrasions will heal a little easier 2) the medic won't have to pluck out all the hairs in your abbrasions and 3) it's stylish.

In addition to shaving my legs I also used to remove the hair from my chest and back....because I didn't like it very much....it's irritating sometimes....almost feels like something crawling on me.

But all this got to be a royal pain in the arse and my then-fiance didn't care for it when my legs got stubbley. So I eventually just stopped doing it. So....i'm all hairy now. I guess I've gotten used to it.

Also my wife once told me she liked the way I looked in plaid shirts. So I started getting only plaid shirts. A year later she asked me why I was always wearing plaid.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Like if a man had body hair and he liked it but the woman he found attractive didn't like body hair on men, would most guys shave just for women or would they appriciate their physical appearance and not do it?

Now, I've seen alot of responses and most women (mostly young women and girls) preferred men to be shaved - an appearance which almost looks like a little boy.
If a man could get laid living in a cardboard box and driving a 1975 Pinto while growing a ZZ Top beard, a giant beer gut and allowing his bodily hair to run rampant, there would be no market for exercise equipment, sports cars, razors or other personal grooming equipment and a house in Orange County would go for about $45,000.

Yes, men maintain their appearance solely for the attention and approval of women. Our natural state is that of a belching, farting, dirty, smelly, hairy, fat, lazy, broke, perverted cave man.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:31 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
I'm a cyclist. I used to shave my legs...because that's what serious cyclists do. The reason behind it is if you go down 1) the abbrasions will heal a little easier 2) the medic won't have to pluck out all the hairs in your abbrasions and 3) it's stylish.

In addition to shaving my legs I also used to remove the hair from my chest and back....because I didn't like it very much....it's irritating sometimes....almost feels like something crawling on me.

But all this got to be a royal pain in the arse and my then-fiance didn't care for it when my legs got stubbley. So I eventually just stopped doing it. So....i'm all hairy now. I guess I've gotten used to it.

Also my wife once told me she liked the way I looked in plaid shirts. So I started getting only plaid shirts. A year later she asked me why I was always wearing plaid.
This is very disconcerting. I had my back waxed about a year ago (among other things) to surprise my wife. I'll never do it again (the pain during the event was intense, but nothing compared to that of regrowth) and have newfound respect for you ladies that adopt the Brazilian or Bald Eagle look. My wife could not stop laughing every time I removed my clothes. She said I looked like a "shorn baboon." Evidently shorn baboons are hilarious.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:02 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
This is very disconcerting. I had my back waxed about a year ago (among other things) to surprise my wife. I'll never do it again (the pain during the event was intense, but nothing compared to that of regrowth) and have newfound respect for you ladies that adopt the Brazilian or Bald Eagle look. My wife could not stop laughing every time I removed my clothes. She said I looked like a "shorn baboon." Evidently shorn baboons are hilarious.
I laughed out loud at work when I read this - sorry.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:17 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Though Im not a real big fan of hairy backs, beards, overkill on chest hairs, etc. I wouldnt make a guy shave it. But then if you dont like it, dont expect him to shave it ....simply move on to something that suits you! Problem solved.
Same with a girl, if a guy doesnt like shaven or unshaven legs, long silky hair...or anything else...on women...dont expect a change 'just because' its what you want. Find something that suits you.
When a person shaves/grows body hairs in areas just because someone else wants you to, you're bending to their taste. And theres nothing wrong with that, within reason. Some may think its reasonable, but to me, Id rather just be myself, shave where I want to and how often I want, rather than be who someone else wants me to be.
Simply my input, thats all.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:37 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
LMAO - we DO tend to carry a little praise a bit far, don't we?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
She most likely was counting on you acting like a stubborn kid and giving them up because she really hated them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships