Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 04:42 PM

413 posts, read 1,400,542 times

Advertisements

I talked to him about it. He told me that he was actually getting concerned because I hadn't brought it up. He told me that he knew she was crossing the boundary and he was going to start ignoring her texts. He told that I was a million times more of a woman than she is and that's why he loves me and not her. He said he thought it was his fault that she had these feelings, but then after thinking about it that she can't help but like him, because he does relate to her, but he doesn't feel the same way and she has to accept that fact. He thinks that her feelings are not sincere as I am interpreting them to be. So the only think I should think of is how she was not good enough for him and that I am. It's not her fault that she's not what he's looking for, but I am. And my name in Kabbalah means warrior-queen, so he told me that peons shouldn't meddle in the life of the warrior-queen, right? And that was his piece. I just accepted that this is how he really feels and his actions will show it. I love him and I know ya'll make think otherwise, but he said what I needed to hear and I know he'll show it to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,592,868 times
Good. I hope he will start ignoring her texts. At this point, its for the best for everyone. He should just tell her that he has a GF.. period.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:39 PM

287 posts, read 893,908 times
You've been together for ONE month as a couple. On the evolutionary relationship scale of things this is no time at all. Tell him how you feel. If he lets it continue step back its obvious he has issues to deal with and isn't ready for a relationship(or why would he continue to let her text him).

Old 06-12-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by once-upon-chicago View Post
You've been together for ONE month as a couple. On the evolutionary relationship scale of things this is no time at all. Tell him how you feel. If he lets it continue step back its obvious he has issues to deal with and isn't ready for a relationship(or why would he continue to let her text him).
I know month is so short and you're right. It was stupid of me to fret over it in the first place.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM

68 posts, read 202,773 times
What is it you admire about him, aside from his ability to "relate"? Is he sane? Rational? Honest? Ethical? Productive? Intelligent? Strong? Where's the evidence in his behavior?

IF you're thinking of making a life with this guy you need to be brutally honest with yourself about those questions. Things like that matter more and more over time. The fact that he tells you about the other girl's neediness makes me wonder what he tells her about you. A therapist with a big mouth won't go far.

And even if he's a fine man, that won't do you any good unless he loves you. What exactly has he done to prove his devotion? Sing original love songs under your window? Challenge a rival to a duel? Renounce a throne?

This man jumps when she calls because he enjoys being needed and desired, and it doesn't cost him anything. The only way he's ever going to set any boundaries is if he has to do so in order to gain or protect something he values. Does he values you that much?

The only way to find out is to step back. Spend much more time and energy on your studies, your friends, your interests, etc. If he's genuinely interested, he'll step forward and make a far greater effort to woo you, and keep you wooed. He simply won't have as much time for her.

If he doesn't do that, then better to know now, before you waste years on someone who cannot be what you need, want, and deserve.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome View Post
What is it you admire about him, aside from his ability to "relate"? Is he sane? Rational? Honest? Ethical? Productive? Intelligent? Strong? Where's the evidence in his behavior?

IF you're thinking of making a life with this guy you need to be brutally honest with yourself about those questions. Things like that matter more and more over time. The fact that he tells you about the other girl's neediness makes me wonder what he tells her about you. A therapist with a big mouth won't go far.

And even if he's a fine man, that won't do you any good unless he loves you. What exactly has he done to prove his devotion? Sing original love songs under your window? Challenge a rival to a duel? Renounce a throne?

This man jumps when she calls because he enjoys being needed and desired, and it doesn't cost him anything. The only way he's ever going to set any boundaries is if he has to do so in order to gain or protect something he values. Does he values you that much?

The only way to find out is to step back. Spend much more time and energy on your studies, your friends, your interests, etc. If he's genuinely interested, he'll step forward and make a far greater effort to woo you, and keep you wooed. He simply won't have as much time for her.

If he doesn't do that, then better to know now, before you waste years on someone who cannot be what you need, want, and deserve.
He is sane, rational, loving, caring, empathetic, encouraging, intelligent, handsome, and just awesome. For example, I'm running my first half marathon, he's not even a runner, but he'll go with me on my runs and be like my "waterboy." He makes sure I'm well hydrated and that I'm timing myself right. He'll run with me when he can, but it's the fact that when I've had a rough run and I want to give up, he says he's proud of me and that I should be proud too. I may have misjudged the situation entirely. I mean they were friends way before he even met me. But I appreciate your honesty and advice and will take it to heart.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,826,587 times
now you are making me jealous because I don't have a BF like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
He is sane, rational, loving, caring, empathetic, encouraging, intelligent, handsome, and just awesome. For example, I'm running my first half marathon, he's not even a runner, but he'll go with me on my runs and be like my "waterboy." He makes sure I'm well hydrated and that I'm timing myself right. He'll run with me when he can, but it's the fact that when I've had a rough run and I want to give up, he says he's proud of me and that I should be proud too. I may have misjudged the situation entirely. I mean they were friends way before he even met me. But I appreciate your honesty and advice and will take it to heart.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
now you are making me jealous because I don't have a BF like that
Aww...well someday I hope you find them. So, my favorite flowers are daisies and I had a really bad day at work yesterday and I didn't want to tell him because we had just gone over the whole girl thing and I didn't want to rehash it. So, when I go to meet him, he tells me that he's gonna leave the door unlocked because he may be in the shower when I get there. So, I open the door and start to head upstairs and at the bottom of the stairs there is a vase full of colored daisies. I actually almost tripped over them, and then he's not in the shower and tells me that he absolutely adores me. I was just stunned. I feel like such a selfish girl to even think I should have to compete with the girl I just wrote about. And last night he even turned off his phone so we wouldn't be distracted in our alone time. I didn't even have to ask. I know there are people out there that may be skeptical of our relationship, but I don't care.

Last edited by dangeruscurves; 06-13-2008 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,826,587 times
He was testing you. There will be more tests to come.....

Quote:
Aww...well someday I hope you find them. So, my favorite flowers are daisies and I had a really bad day at work yesterday and I didn't want to tell him because we had just gone over the whole girl thing and I didn't want to rehash it. So, when I go to meet him, he tells me that he's gonna leave the door unlocked because he may be in the shower when I get there. So, I open the door and start to head upstairs and the bottom of the stairs there is a vase full of colored daisies. I actually almost tripped over them, and then he's not in the shower and tells me that he absolutely adores me. I was just stunned. I feel like such a selfish girl to even think I should have to compete with the girl I just wrote about. And last night he even turned off his phone so we wouldn't be distracted in our alone time. I didn't even have to ask. I know there are people out there that may be skeptical of our relationship, but I don't care.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,971,192 times
Quote:
Aww...well someday I hope you find them. So, my favorite flowers are daisies and I had a really bad day at work yesterday and I didn't want to tell him because we had just gone over the whole girl thing and I didn't want to rehash it. So, when I go to meet him, he tells me that he's gonna leave the door unlocked because he may be in the shower when I get there. So, I open the door and start to head upstairs and the bottom of the stairs there is a vase full of colored daisies. I actually almost tripped over them, and then he's not in the shower and tells me that he absolutely adores me. I was just stunned. I feel like such a selfish girl to even think I should have to compete with the girl I just wrote about. And last night he even turned off his phone so we wouldn't be distracted in our alone time. I didn't even have to ask. I know there are people out there that may be skeptical of our relationship, but I don't care.
I think this guy sounds GREAT!!!!!!! It's hard to tell what will happen in the future, but it seems like he is a caring, romantic, sweet guy who cares about how you feel. I might send my hubby to him for lessons .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships